The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I genuinely thought all of that stuff with the crane and the cinema nonsense was great and should have continued forever. Something different at the game and something you remember. 

I'm more putting in context the absolute bizzare behavior from Connahs quay's assistant manager that day. That even all of the above mentioned were not as mental as him. 

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Our clubs Twitter and website feed has been deathly quiet for a while now. No interviews with new players, no daily updates or throwbacks to better days. It used to be managed a lot better. Is this due to Park leaving? We’ve not heard about ST renewals, when pre-season starts, about the new strips, the new sponsor? Just seems to be a total lack of communication which we had gotten a lot better at over the past couple of years.

A combination of things I would think. They've done all the updates and throwbacks to death trying to keep folk engaged ever since lockdown began 15 months ago. And given how abysmal the team were last season, I don't imagine pumping out more of the same would have been well received. 

Most of the things you've mentioned will happen within the next week so the social media stuff will be ramping up considerably. Particularly  when preseason begin next Thursday. 

19 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was a local dance group called the Vixens. They turned up to 3 or 4 games maybe around 2010 and were hired by KK's predecessor, a guy called Gary Dowson. 

The national team had something similar at Hampden called the Scottish Rockettes so maybe in was intended to mimic them.  

You're up early, any specific reason? Got a busy day planned?

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There was a local dance group called the Vixens. They turned up to 3 or 4 games maybe around 2010 and were hired by KK's predecessor, a guy called Gary Dowson. 

The national team had something similar at Hampden called the pScottish Rockettes so maybe in was intended to mimic them.  

Here is the Scottish Rockets performing one of their most famous dance routines !!

246B9DBC-74B4-4CD9-A8EF-62E00B954C0F.webp

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Our clubs Twitter and website feed has been deathly quiet for a while now. No interviews with new players, no daily updates or throwbacks to better days. It used to be managed a lot better. Is this due to Park leaving? We’ve not heard about ST renewals, when pre-season starts, about the new strips, the new sponsor? Just seems to be a total lack of communication which we had gotten a lot better at over the past couple of years.

Yes I agree and been saying as much however just marking you down since you do so for every similar post I write! 😝 

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What was the name of the outfit that did a whole dance routine one half time. Maybe 2014 or thereabouts.

The theme was football, natch, and they jigged about the SS goalmouth to err... some appreciation of their efforts.

Here it is. I've posted it before.

I don't think it's impossible to overstate how absolutely batshit insane this was. They've removed the 'original' soundtrack from YouTube (presumably for copyright grounds) but IIRC it was some kind of bizarre techno remix of the MOTD theme.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Here it is. I've posted it before.

I don't think it's impossible to overstate how absolutely batshit insane this was. They've removed the 'original' soundtrack from YouTube (presumably for copyright grounds) but IIRC it was some kind of bizarre techno remix of the MOTD theme.

This was a repressed memory I didn't need to know I had. 

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I'd just assumed they were in hiding after last season. I'm not against it.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd just assumed they were in hiding after last season. I'm not against it.

They'll be back but I agree we need to go about our business quietly this season instead of causing ourselves further embarrassment. Get it right on the park and keep humble off the park. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Morton C team's gonna C team. 

Do you think McGuffie and Nesbitt will be decent signings for League One? Can't imagine they were starting many games for yourselves last year if they were C team players but there is a gulf between the two leagues.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Most of the things you've mentioned will happen within the next week so the social media stuff will be ramping up considerably. Particularly  when preseason begin next Thursday. 

So, you reckon everything is under control?  Not offering up STs or addressing Trading Standards issues less than a week before pre-season training is ok?

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yes I agree and been saying as much however just marking you down since you do so for every similar post I write! 😝 

Good idea - I've done the same to him for the same reason ! :)

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Good idea - I've done the same to him for the same reason ! :)

You both are absolute lunatics 😂