The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Funny you say that, I did start having a search about the companies house website when I was looking at the sponsors and I noticed Gary Deans seems to be involved in several companies. Sure that’s normal for most chairmen though?

I'm not sure if it is or not. I would probably expect that most Chairman are businessmen of some form. Many own their own businesses like the guys at Ross Co and Cove. However,  if I'm right, the interesting thing about GD is the number of companies he has become involved in since becoming Chairman. 

16 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Im not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here but none of the names mentioned above are good enough to take us forward. 

Half a dozen of last years team joining (mainly) teams that were playing a league above us or laterally had us by the balls.

Are we so sure we’re right and they are wrong?

I’m really concerned with our recruitment, not least in just why any decent Under 25 year old would want to sign on.

8 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Half a dozen of last years team joining (mainly) teams that were playing a league above us or laterally had us by the balls.

I’m really concerned with our recruitment, not least in just why any decent Under 25 year old would want to sign on.

Sorry I must be picking you up wrong here. Are you suggesting we should’ve kept some of the utter shite we had playing for us last year?

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

All I know is Gary Holt has been in his post for 6 months now and has done absolutely zero to deserve his wage. In fact, so far, he has been a net negative imo. That must change in the next 6 months. 

As much as I thought M and M weren’t up to it, I guarantee they wouldn’t have got scudded 5-0 off Partick, who had played 2 nights before. 

Still find the ‘near impossible task’ statement a bit bemusing. To not finish in a playoff spot really took some doing. Yet, despite that certain people on here don’t want it to be discussed when the same board and Sporting Director are at the helm. Sure the regular pals of the board will be quick to mark this post down too. 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

As much as I thought M and M weren’t up to it, I guarantee they wouldn’t have got scudded 5-0 off Partick, who had played 2 nights before. 

Still find the ‘near impossible task’ statement a bit bemusing. To not finish in a playoff spot really took some doing. Yet, despite that certain people on here don’t want it to be discussed when the same board and Sporting Director are at the helm. Sure the regular pals of the board will be quick to mark this post down too. 

I almost couldn’t care less what he did in that time, but yes again, he didn’t contribute anything positive. I’m just more miffed at weeks and weeks into the transfer window signing guys I could’ve given you 2/1 odds on us signing 6 months ago. I could’ve signed them chucking 3 year contracts at them on good wages Ffs.

Expecting some big big improvements or can see season tickets somewhere between 50 and 70% of what they were even last season. 

Very few players that we've deliberately freed in recent years have gone to be absolute superstars elsewhere.  Our recruitment has just been utterly honking in the main for over a decade now.  How many players have we punted to Dunfermline to be told after a couple of games that they were great before Dunfermline then freed them 6 months later.  The main problem isn't who we free it's the fact we actually sign them in the first place.

12 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

With the exception of a fit Aidan Connolly, there's none of those players whom I'd have wanted in our colours next season. At least based on their performances in navy blue over the last 8 months. There's a few I'd have gladly taken if they were younger but their best days appear to be behind them. 

I think that the fact they got contracts at the same or higher levels than us says more about their future managers judgement than it does about FFC. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

With the exception of a fit Aidan Connolly, there's none of those players whom I'd have wanted in our colours next season. At least based on their performances in navy blue over the last 8 months. There's a few I'd have gladly taken if they were younger but their best days appear to be behind them. 

I think that the fact they got contracts at the same or higher levels than us says more about their future managers judgement than it does about FFC. 

Tell us you're pencilled in down at the stadium tomorrow BB? Can't have a dry three days.

I can somehow see how championship clubs could sign a few of our castoffs on past heresay but surely no excuse for clubs in our league that played us last season to be signing utter dross like leitch and mercer.  Neither even had a single game where you could rave about a performance. 2 year deals as well jeez.

Gomis’ legs were totally gone towards the end of the season

Despite that, you can just see it now.....Gomis in midfield pulling the strings for our reborn bogey team Clyde next season, now that he’s got something to prove...

2 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Did Gary Deans not say the past week of announcements would really excite the fans? 

Mckay, Nesbitt, Williamson & Hetherington. Better than previous? Probably. Excited? Nope. 

Tbh I would like the Rawlins to come out with a clear statement in the next few weeks about what their plans now are for the club and how they see us getting to their stated aim of a top six premiership side.

I’ve no doubt that the 4 players signed will improve us but I’m not convinced that giving 2 and 3 year deals to this calibre of player really signals promotion to the premiership anytime soon.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

51 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Are people seriously buying into the top 6 premier pish? 

As an Irishman once said....”Well, if I wanted to be a Top 6 Premier team, I wouldn’t start from here”

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Are people seriously buying into the top 6 premier pish? 

Nothing has fundamentally changed. Rawlins appear to be nothing more than MSG2, and the Board is awash only with people prepared to pander to them,

Recruitment so far is hardly inspiring. Top 6 Premier? Not until the current set up is long gone.