The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Might not be so small as it looked from Companies House:
IMG_0189.jpg

Had a look. If it’s the same company then has one director and were incorporated in August. Haven’t even filed a set of accounts yet and their website still isn’t up and running.  Just hope they’ve paid up front. 

Another day of absolute nothing.
200.gif&key=18a8ac1a476f90d584ee977a19d9f44d64c7a5f47dfb09a55475581f886f3822

Tbf 2 other teams in the league have signed up some of the utterly shite jobbers that we’ve punted in Leitch and Mercer so could’ve been a lot worse for us today.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The board really have to hope that the signings they make are of a quality to win this league. If this goes wrong I for one would question what we could have done with a further £600k in the pot.

I think we should be questioning that now to be honest. It’s also not just the money but the potential for good Falkirk fans on the board who are hopefullly engaged with the day to day running of the club as much as anything. Bound to have some good business people although be good to know who they were/are. Surely more than just accountants? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

Did Gary Deans not say the past week of announcements would really excite the fans? 

Mckay, Nesbitt, Williamson & Hetherington. Better than previous? Probably. Excited? Nope. 

Did Gary Deans not say he’d be doing a Q and A at the end of last month too? 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think we should be questioning that now to be honest. It’s also not just the money but the potential for good Falkirk fans on the board who are hopefullly engaged with the day to day running of the club as much as anything. Bound to have some good business people although be good to know who they were/are. Surely more than just accountants? 

Certainly have to question if the BoD's were acting in the best interests of the club when they rejected the investment, as is their duty to shareholders.....or whether they were posturing to save their own positions and  pandering to Mrs Rawlins.   

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I totally agree, I know some of the folk involved and would feel happier with them being involved in the running of our club.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I totally agree, I know some of the folk involved and would feel happier with them being involved in the running of our club.

With you on that.... just watch for the negative comments flying in from the Board members, their friends and apologists on here.  

Was just thinking…..

Gomis - 2 year deal at League 1 club (corrected)

Alston - 2 year deal at Championship Club

Connolly - 2 year deal at Championship Club

Durnan - mooted to be joining a last season Championship Club …..

Leitch - 2 year deal at League 1 club that finished above us

Mercer - 2 year deal at League 1 club

So just what was our problem? (Rhetorical question)

Edited by HonestAl
Corrected Gomis new deal and next club for Durnan

9 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

With you on that.... just watch for the negative comments flying in from the Board members, their friends and apologists on here.  

I honestly would love our club to be in a position where the board and fans were all working together for the good of our team but for me this can only happen with fan involvement in the running of things. After all we are the ones who live and die Falkirk FC, its not just a business or money making machine to us its our lives.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly would love our club to be in a position where the board and fans were all working together for the good of our team but for me this can only happen with fan involvement in the running of things. After all we are the ones who live and die Falkirk FC, its not just a business or money making machine to us its our lives.

Interesting how Gary Deans has used his presence as Falkirk Chairman to promote himself and become involved in more companies since he took over the role. Maybe part of the answer why he does not want to relinquish his position. 

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Was just thinking…..

Gomis - 2 year deal at Championship Club

Durnan - mooted to be joining Championship Club …..

Clueless managers who shouldn’t be managing under 12’s never mind a full time League 1 club!

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Interesting how Gary Deans has used his presence as Falkirk Chairman to promote himself and become involved in more companies since he took over the role. Maybe part of the answer why he does not want to relinquish his position. 

Funny you say that, I did start having a search about the companies house website when I was looking at the sponsors and I noticed Gary Deans seems to be involved in several companies. Sure that’s normal for most chairmen though?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

23 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Was just thinking…..

We are awful but I think what you posted says a lot about the quality of the Championship tbh.

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We are awful but I think what you posted says a lot about the quality of the Championship tbh.

Yeh I think that too. There’s some players that just seem to fit some clubs. The likes of Livi and St.Johnstone for instance. There have been players there over the years that I wouldn’t be too thrilled if they joined us, even when they were finishing top 6. 

Was just thinking…..

Gomis joined Clyde in League 1

28 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Was just thinking…..

Did Gomis not sign for Clyde?

Alston is living off his reputation.

Connolly is never fit.

Durnan is signing for Alloa.

Leitch and Mercer are pish.

Im not entirely sure what point you are trying to make here but none of the names mentioned above are good enough to take us forward.