The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Connolly is a cracking wee player. Creative, quite pacey and offered a goal threat. He never hid either, very tenacious and gave up on nothing. Christ, he won more high balls than Sammon did! :lol: Not much good if he's not on the pitch though.

I think we're struggling for wide options now as I think that Morrison's agent will be furiously trying to get him a gig elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If we had offered him terms i don't think it would have been for two years, more than likely a 1 year contract, given his injuries as soon as Raith dangled a two year offer plus playing championship football it's a no brainer for him. As others have said decent wee player when fit, he just never is though. Wish him well.

I was wondering if we got him on the cheap by offering two years and he saw it as a (last) chance to shake the injury reputation. Does anyone know if he was offered by Falkirk?

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Our first team budget is rumoured to be circa £1.2 million (but could well be lower this season). 

I’d therefore guess that £700-£800 would be our average wage.

Drivel 

nothing like as big as £1.2m. Under 900k. Partick won the league with under 850k budget 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Raith replacing Armstrong with that one. Decent but never fit and bang goes more creativity. We can’t afford him being on the treatment table all season though. 
I will wager he plays a lot more next season than last

Edited by Back Post Misses

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I will wager he plays a lot more next season than last

Not sure you’ll get many takers for that bet considering he managed about 200mins last season 🙄.

Injury prone and average. He can go and the club can announce it or not, nobody cares. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Not sure you’ll get many takers for that bet considering he managed about 200mins last season 🙄.

Injury prone and average. He can go and the club can announce it or not, nobody cares. 

Lots more games 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I was wondering if we got him on the cheap by offering two years and he saw it as a (last) chance to shake the injury reputation. Does anyone know if he was offered by Falkirk?

We can only presume we offered him something as he wasn't listed with the rest of the players we released.  I wouldn't have been surprised if it would've been reduced terms though considering his injury problems.  He was out for weeks , appeared on the bench but never came on and then disappeared for weeks again. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We can only presume we offered him something as he wasn't listed with the rest of the players we released.  I wouldn't have been surprised if it would've been reduced terms though considering his injury problems.  He was out for weeks , appeared on the bench but never came on and then disappeared for weeks again. 

I was told he had a huge fall out with Lee Miller as he questioned why Miiller was on the bench and not him.

One of the most overrated players of recent years by Falkirk fans. He was alright. No chance he's an upper Championship player.

100% agree.

Could easily be the same description for Callumn Morrison as well.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t see this confirmed anywhere ??

*apologies didn’t see the question mark mate.

I think its because he has been released by Dundee Utd and throwing it out there as a possibility.  Cant see it Sheering said he has a few names he wants to sound out as his number 2.