The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I was paging back for the same reason, I remember he was a warming the bench late in the season, whats the story?

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

I wish he was even on the bench. We couldn't get him fit last season.

217 minutes all he managed last season. He was looking good when at the end of 19/20 but not standing out.

Guest Ecosse83

Connolly is a decent enough wee player when he is fit but unfortunately that just doesn’t happen very often. Happy to see him go now we can sign someone more reliable!

Guest Caractacus Potts

Has Connolly just signed for Raith without telling the club? 

Nothing mentioned on our social media pages or website yet, which isn’t a great look either way. 

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Nothing mentioned on our social media pages or website yet, which isn’t a great look either way. 

Aberdeen will announce his move

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Does he need to tell the club after his contract ran out a week ago? I’m sure the club will announce something soon enough. Remember the moaning on here when Aberdeen announced Sheerin before we did!

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Club slaughtered for announcing Durnan was away. Club slaughtered for not announcing Connolly is away 😴😴😴

Is anyone really bothered? Nope, didn’t think so.

Cheerio 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Does he need to tell the club after his contract ran out a week ago? I’m sure the club will announce something soon enough. Remember the moaning on here when Aberdeen announced Sheerin before we did!

Would say it’s different from Aberdeen announcing  Sheerin’s departure, who was still under contract when we signed him. 

We should have taken control of the situation either way. He’s still listed as a member of our first team squad on our website. Just looks unprofessional…..again.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Would say it’s different from Aberdeen announcing  Sheerin’s departure, who was still under contract when we signed him. 

We should have taken control of the situation either way. He’s still listed as a member of our first team squad on our website. Just looks unprofessional…..again.

The chances are he was offered terms but decided to go to Raith. The club probably found out the same time as us. That’s football! 

This place is worse than onef now 🤦‍♂️

Guest Peter LaFleur

Season ticket renewals must be around the corner within the next few weeks... will we see a signing that gets the fans excited before then? Something to show the boards intent for the season? They need to pull something off to get fans semi interested after another year of failure. 

Season ticket renewals must be around the corner within the next few weeks... will we see a signing that gets the fans excited before then? Something to show the boards intent for the season? They need to pull something off to get fans semi interested after another year of failure. 

You’ve got to assume they’re trying to pull something off before announcing season ticket information

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The chances are he was offered terms but decided to go to Raith. The club probably found out the same time as us. That’s football! 

It may seem like the club can’t do right for doing wrong but it would maybe help if the club started doing more right. 

Also as a reminder, we’re in our third year in the third tier and just recently finished 5th in League One! Sorry I can’t be more positive. 

Edited to add: The Falkirk Herald have now posted about Connolly's departure…

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It may seem like the club can’t do right for doing wrong but it would maybe help if the club started doing more right. 

Also as a reminder, we’re in our third year in the third tier and just recently finished 5th in League One! Sorry I can’t be more positive. 

If moaning about a lack of Connolly announcement floats your boat then carry on. I’m not asking you to be more positive! 

If we had offered him terms i don't think it would have been for two years, more than likely a 1 year contract, given his injuries as soon as Raith dangled a two year offer plus playing championship football it's a no brainer for him. As others have said decent wee player when fit, he just never is though. Wish him well.

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Now?😂🤣😂