The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Imo if we can get and keep Kelly fit he has the potential to be a real asset for us this season.

He has played in the premier league (something I can’t see Liam Dick doing) so clearly has ability.

Who is it to say that was Kelly being fit last season......See Blair Alston

We were informed Kelly wasn't great at defending but great going forward from fans of his previous clubs, he didn't show anything at all for me.

He was one of those who went down injured making you immediately think...that's him out.

Sadly it looks like he has been offered a contract.

Edited by MrDust

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's 24 not 17 ffs. He shouldn't need managed through a game.He was murder whoever he played with last season anyway.

And to anyone saying our defence was worse without him that's because we replaced him with a couple of kids who had a handful of first team appearances between them. Hardly a surprise then that it went from being shit to even shitter.  The only player from last season that should be anywhere near our back four is Dixon and that's only if he recovers fully from a nasty injury.  Going from 5th I'm the league to winning it is a major jump bit some people seem happy to keep hold of dross we had last season for some reason.

AFAIK you are always gonna have 1 defender organising the defence, sort out who's doing what, I don't see hall or durnan as that type of player.

Just seen Michael Doyle got League 2 POTY, so if he’s the best that league has too offer I’m no devastated that we’ve not signed someone from that league. 

The standard must be absolutely howling if he’s the best player in the league.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What do you guys pay your players on average?

A few years ago we had a weekly wages cap of £500. That was then scrapped in the years leading up to relegation although I'd imagine that is roughly what the average 1st team weekly wage will be.

Edited by latapythelegend

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Our first team budget is rumoured to be circa £1.2 million (but could well be lower this season). 

I’d therefore guess that £700-£800 would be our average wage.

Reasonably good wage for people not very good at their chosen career.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

What do you guys pay your players on average?

I was told we doubled a Morton players wages, he was on £400 there 😆🤦‍♂️

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, TxRover said:

I was paging back for the same reason, I remember he was a warming the bench late in the season, whats the story?

I wish he was even on the bench. We couldn't get him fit last season.