The Falkirk FC Thread

There WILL be live streams this coming season.

PRESS RELEASE

SPFL AND SKY SPORTS ANNOUNCE MAJOR BOOST FOR SCOTTISH FOOTBALL FANS

SPFL Premiership clubs will be able to broadcast all 228 matches to season ticket holders after a major new deal was struck between the league and broadcaster Sky Sports for next season.

As was the case this season, all SPFL clubs will be allowed to make available ‘season passes’ of their home matches, to season ticket holders, through online club channels. In addition, all clubs will be allowed to sell any home game not broadcast live by Sky, on a pay-per-view basis next season.

With discussions still ongoing between football authorities and the Scottish Government to allow supporters to attend matches in person, the new deal for season 2021/22 season gives certainty to fans and clubs alike on the ability to watch games live on TV.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “For the past few months, there have been intense, detailed discussions between ourselves, Sky Sports and our clubs to give fans certainty that they will be able to watch their heroes playing live next season, irrespective of when supporters are allowed back into stadia. Today’s announcement is a major boost for everyone involved in the game.

“Obviously, we are all desperate to get supporters back into grounds on a safe and sustainable basis and are making good progress in our discussions with the Scottish Government, especially given the pace of the vaccine roll-out. 

“In a normal season, almost five million fans attend SPFL games, the highest per capita attendance in Europe, and the current broadcast deals have been an absolute lifeline for clubs and supporters alike as they battle the enormous financial pressures caused by Covid-19. The television viewer numbers for Scottish football this season have been magnificent and this was one of the key reasons behind our agreement with Sky Sports to extend our current arrangements. 

“Sky Sports have been enormously supportive and, in the UK and Ireland, will continue to screen up to 48 live Scottish Premiership matches, as well as the Premiership play-off finals. In addition, the new deal enables Premiership clubs to broadcast on a pay per view basis every home  SPFL game not selected by Sky Sports."

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we've signed ruari Paton from Stranraer. Another Irish striker. Was at East kilbride previously but know hee haw else about him .scored 9 in 30 last season according to soccer base.

I've heard the same and would be fairly pleased if true. Watched a fair bit of Stranraer highlights last season and he looks quick, direct and puts himself about. Came through Hibs academy and have seen a few people within football saying they're surprised he dropped as low as L2 and LL. Only 20 so hopefully a nice project for us. 

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I'm expecting an average Championship defender & you've failed to grasp the cautionary tone of my post.

If you think he’s an average Championship defender then I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

Paton's a very motivated and talented young man. Lovely lad too by all accounts. Still only 20 so hopefully we get a decent fee!

It's us your talking about here so I wouldn't expect much.

His celebration is a bit poor man's will vaulks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As I have mentioned ad nauseum, it gets on my tits when supporters from other teams plague our thread.  I've done my research and just been onto the Caley thread, 2 people online, the Ross County thread, 3 people online, the Saint Johnstone thread, 3 people online. We've got 33 people online at the moment.

I get it now.

They are lonely as f*ck!

And our thread is to them what Wilson was to Tom Hanks in Castaway.

wilson mr Wilson volley ball from movie castaway Onogo

Imagine going and checking all the other pages and reporting back like this.  

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Any idea what will happen to live steams of games this coming season?  Will they stop because a limited amount of fans will be allowed into the stadium?   I really valued the live streams last season as I am disabled and live in Edinburgh so find it difficult to get to many games in a normal season.

Not sure although I think they will probably have to run the same system for next season if Covid is not considered eradicated and we can get back to normal. A limited number of fans in the stadium means that they will have to stream teh games to season ticket holders over if the uptake is over and above the regulated capacity of the Stadium.

As an aside, it may also be a fact that the Club have to refund cash to those who want it from last season as a legal requirement. I know many on here will be happy to let the club keep the cash, but for some it may help to offset payments for next season.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We in for a Friday fiesta of signings?

It must be a frustration/nightmare for the club with all the leaks re names of signings and potential signings of ITK posters on the forum and TBF quite a few of them actually come true👍

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's us your talking about here so I wouldn't expect much.

His celebration is a bit poor man's will vaulks.

Every defensive player in Scotland is a poor man’s Will Vaulks.

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Whatever that group that tried to buy in are called and have done nothing but moan on here about not getting their own way. That's what I meant by patrons. Amateur hour. 

You don’t know what the group is called but you do know they have been moaning in here? Who are they on here?

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just under three years ago, you and I had a long debate on here about "oversight". 

Hartley had rebuilt the team in the summer and screwed it up. 

You posted regularly about how incompetent the board were for allowing him to recruit so much dross so quickly. You wanted more board oversight and vetting of his decisions. I disagreed because I didn’t think the likes of a plumber whose football pinnacle was playing for Sauchie had the knowledge necessary to question someone who’ld played at the highest level. Besides which, giving the manager a budget and letting him spend it how he wanted, without interference from above, was pretty standard for Scottish football.

So I’d have thought the appointment of a Sporting Director would have met with your approval. It created a level of football knowledge between the accountants/consultants on the board and the manager (or head coach as he is now).

What specifically is your objection to it? Do you like the idea but don’t think we can afford it in L1? Or do you have issues with the selection of Holt? Or do you just oppose everything the club does as a point of principle?

Personally, I’m not fussed either way. We’ve tried just about every other f’king idea going and none of them have worked. Maybe we’ll finally hit the jackpot this time.

Now hold your horses right there. You were the one who argued Board / Manager, that’s the way it should be with zero interference in between. There was no better way. Where is your anger in relation to that now?
My point was a fairly simple one. The club were at pains to point out that Holts SD role was broader and far reaching. So far, the Rawlins have given it tons of chat, and delivered pretty much nothing....and Holt to date was wise sage to M&M which didn’t go too well, and then interim manager which went even worse, then flipped to signing some players

Whatever Holt’s role really is, I would love to see the job description. If it’s to identify & negotiate with players who would then be offered up as a yes or no to Sheerin (aye, right). Our brave new world seems so far to be nothing more than last season’s brave new world. So far, it’s trawling the lower leagues to pick up released or out of contract players who are by and large, all well known to anyone with a passing interest in lower league Scottish football. Holt has signed some “because the club couldn’t wait”.

Whatever his role is meant to be, I would love to know exactly what it is. So far, it’s been managerial advice, manager, signing players. There was a brief talk of embryonic moved for a Phoenix Academy that looked suspiciously like the one that was offered as a package to the Board a year or so ago, but which was rejected out of hand.

Define “club” to me. Are you talking Board? If so, then I am massively cynical of near enough everything they touch. For my money, it’s a Board that is in essence a bunch of yes men for Gary Deans, and the key skill they all possess is the ability to say “yes Gary, of course I will do that for you”.....where “that” is defined as good things and bad things, but they won’t make a distinction between the two. They’ll do it because Gary says so......no Airdrie match report, never mention last season again, follow the mantra. He even had Sheerin roped into it on his first online chat.

11 hours ago, sick boy said:

unpopular opinion but if blair alston plays next to someone who isnt 36 year old and can run about he would be a lot more effective, presume this will be realised by Killie.

If he was playing next to Alex Totten, Blair should've still shone. I will be surprised if he is still a Killie player Feb 2022 onwards.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

It must be a frustration/nightmare for the club with all the leaks re names of signings and potential signings of ITK posters on the forum and TBF quite a few of them actually come true👍

The biggest leak here recently appeared to come from Gary Deans himself! 

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now hold your horses right there. You were the one who argued Board / Manager, that’s the way it should be with zero interference in between. There was no better way. Where is your anger in relation to that now?
My point was a fairly simple one. The club were at pains to point out that Holts SD role was broader and far reaching. So far, the Rawlins have given it tons of chat, and delivered pretty much nothing....and Holt to date was wise sage to M&M which didn’t go too well, and then interim manager which went even worse, then flipped to signing some players

Thank you. My arguement was about the lack of knowledge to provide oversight, which appears to have been addressed with the appointment of Holt.  So I have no anger at the change of structure.