The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did say at the time having watched him that he was nowhere near the level required so I'm not surprised that he couldn't get a kick even when we were down to the bare bones last season. I think there was a lot more to this transfer than meets the eye shall we say. 

Oh, what the feck are you on about now Shadwell?

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

We are signing Blair Alston apparently. Is he as shite as I remember him being?

Yes but this time he can’t physically move either.

14 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

We are signing Blair Alston apparently. Is he as shite as I remember him being?

Who is it that scouts/recommends players at Killie? Fowler? If it is him I’d now be seriously questioning his role. He just can’t have seen him play in the last 14 months.

He plays like I did after I rocked up to fives after a few years off playing after Uni, and realised that I’d actually lost the ability to turn on the spot. It was horrifying. 

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Who is it that scouts/recommends players at Killie? Fowler? If it is him I’d now be seriously questioning his role. He just can’t have seen him play in the last 14 months.

He plays like I did after I rocked up to fives after a few years off playing after Uni, and realised that I’d actually lost the ability to turn on the spot. It was horrifying. 

That is Fowler's role to some extent, but this one will be down to Wright, who managed him at St Johnstone.

Edited by craigkillie

Guest Peter LaFleur

Genuinely expected to see Alston retire early or go part time, as sad as that is to say. I hope he sorts out whatever’s wrong but an absolute wild signing from Killie.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Man City won the premiership and Chelsea won the champions league both playing 4-2-3-1.  England started with this formation last night.  No reason a Falkirk team could not play this formation. 

As Kiddy said, Jesus wept. Not this again. There's a very good reason we can't play this formation - we don't have the players for it.  Its like saying "The Mona Lisa? Its just a painting of some Italian lassie. I can paint too". 

I got tired of watching our embarrassing attempts at this years ago; not last season v Peterhead or Dumbarton or Clyde (AT HOME!), East Fife away, not the season before that, or the season before that; we tried this shit even back when John Baird was stuck up front on his own, back to goal,  dealing with hoofballs coming towards him at chest height.  That ain't the way Man City or Chelsea play it!  We need width, pace, and forward movement from midfield, and, y'know, players running into space, turning defenders on their heels, give-and-go, and similar "old-fashioned " notions of supportive teamwork.. all issues where we've been found desperately wanting in that dept for several years.   As it stands I've no idea if Keena will score 5, 10 or 20 goals for us next season, he's hardly had a fair chance yet.  Give him a partner up front, FFS!!  

58 days until the start of the new season - the length of one day on Mercury.  It felt like that watching us last season. 

Fun fact - George Clooney was 58 when he rode a donkey in Madrid for a Nespresso advert. 

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

58 days until the start of the new season - the length of one day on Mercury.  It felt like that watching us last season. 

Fun fact - George Clooney was 58 when he rode a donkey in Madrid for a Nespresso advert. 

Let's hope in 58 days we won't be seeing any more donkeys.

Heard we've signed ruari Paton from Stranraer. Another Irish striker. Was at East kilbride previously but know hee haw else about him .scored 9 in 30 last season according to soccer base.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we've signed ruari Paton from Stranraer. Another Irish striker. Was at East kilbride previously but know hee haw else about him .scored 9 in 30 last season according to soccer base.

Whenever players get mentioned I normally have a look at the highlights from a few of their games because I'm sad like that. Watched the Stanraer game against Stenhousemuir just now and he looks a handful. Still only 20 years old as well so plenty to prove. Need at least 4 strikers this season so even if Dowds and Keena are staying that gives us another option. Scored 2, hit the post, assisted one as well as having another few shots at goal.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just watched the interview with Sheerin. Never know what to make of these things but he spoke well. Did seem to be at pains to talk about the correct due diligence. Seemed a bit forced as odd thing to hear a new manager talk about how the process of the administration was correct! Is that the BoD trying to get someone to back-up their ‘rigorous’ process? 

Also a couple of mentions of us being a sleeping giant which was also the headline of the FH article. Could these be the new motto for next year!? ‘Awake the giant’...

Anyway the main talking will be on the pitch so fingers crossed he can deliver.  Feel more positive about it though.