The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm not saying there's not a lot of sense in that as an ideal set up but the point is it failed.  

That means either the conditions attached by the fans group were unacceptable to the current board or the Rawlins were against and influenced the board to reject.  Most likely both though I'm not in any way itk. 

I'm not surprised if the Rawlins were against it as they want to do things their way.  Its not attractive to them to be part of an equal share committee even if that does make more sense to us as fans.  

To get this through a different approach is going to be needed.  That might be to give the Rawlins the control they want but drip feed the investment and make it dependent on the Rawlins achieving set targets that are designed in the clubs interest.  A bit more creativity basically than here are our demands take it or leave it. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I could actually cope with that if it was dark navy with white pinstripes, white shorts and red socks. Wouldn't be as bad as these tops with all these daft fecking designs all over the front.

I think that would be quite decent in navy & white.

46 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm not saying there's not a lot of sense in that as an ideal set up but the point is it failed.  

That means either the conditions attached by the fans group were unacceptable to the current board or the Rawlins were against and influenced the board to reject.  Most likely both though I'm not in any way itk. 

I'm not surprised if the Rawlins were against it as they want to do things their way.  Its not attractive to them to be part of an equal share committee even if that does make more sense to us as fans.  

To get this through a different approach is going to be needed.  That might be to give the Rawlins the control they want but drip feed the investment and make it dependent on the Rawlins achieving set targets that are designed in the clubs interest.  A bit more creativity basically than here are our demands take it or leave it.  

More likely we're going to have to starve them out at some point. No seasons , no merchandise etc. Now their in getting rid is going to be very difficult.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If a 2 from the current board, the Rawlins, 2 from the investment plus a fans rep and independent chairman is not a balanced ticket that recognises 5 principles I don’t what is.

1. Retains the seats the Rawlins have

2. Gives continuity with 2 of the current board still there ensuring some of the foundations already in place are not torn up. 

3. Gives a balance with the Rawlins investment (remember to retain his 26% he would need to invest another 160-170k) 

4. Brings fans representation back to the club

5. brings a new chairman in to ensure that all sides pull together for the benefit of the club and giving the club the fresh start it needs and deserves

All that and the club get best part of 750k as a result. if that is bull in a China shop so be it. 

I'm liking that.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

More likely we're going to have to starve them out at some point. No seasons , no merchandise etc. Now their in getting rid is going to be very difficult.

Don’t you think that maybe this all a bit premature?

I think you’re all working yourselves up into a froth before actually seeing what’s in store.

So far, I’m quite happy with the coach choice plus the two new signings.

You may  be correct but let’s give the new regime a fair crack of the whip.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Just don't even think about going with the checked light blue one that was a monstrosity of a home strip

Ah the old checkerboard wasn't as bad as everyone says...

Our fans are really something else. The same people who were frothing at the mouth for Rawlins to get involved are now talking about how they’ll get rid of them. We haven’t even begun to see how things are going to go, so calm down ffs!

19 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I remember the day the team ran out at Cowdenbeath wearing that top we laughed till we saw it was Falkirk in the top and even worse the game went to extra time in an eye watering game.

The worst FFC strip by a country mile.

Wasn't it chosen by Fulston's daughter or is my memory failing me? 

A rich man's play thing eh, never again?    

Williamson should be one of Falkirk’s best players next season. Should rip up the L1 defences from right back.

I really felt he would move from EEP and end up in the top flight or Champ down south. He had such fantastic potential when he broke through, so I’m not sure where things started to go wrong. Best moment was when he ended up being triple marked by Forfar.

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Williamson should be one of Falkirk’s best players next season. Should rip up the L1 defences from right back.

I really felt he would move from EEP and end up in the top flight or Champ down south. He had such fantastic potential when he broke through, so I’m not sure where things started to go wrong. Best moment was when he ended up being triple marked by Forfar.

How dare you come on here and be positive. @Shodwall catget this boy telt.

1 hour ago, Uncle Chief said:

In the last 7 days I’ve heard 400, 500, 600k now it’s 750k being invested, is it now the FFC version of “Beat The Bong” and who chooses the independent chairman....a raffle?!?

'Near £1million' was mentioned somewhere!