The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk play in Navy Blue. Dunfermline play with stripes of varying widths sometimes with white prominent and sometimes black. It does not take Better meddle wi the De’l knowledge to know something simple. The home strip looks like a Dunfermline one. And yes the Coaster one from years ago was honking too 

7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As others have said, this year will be a big test of exactly what the Rawlins plans are and whether they're likely to move us forward.  

I have no affiliation with the board whatsoever (or any fans group) but I said previously it was naive to expect the Rawlins to allow the fans group to have parity before they'd had a chance to do what they originally bought into the club to do.  

If the fans group had invested 12 months ago or been prepared to negotiate their red lines then things could have been different but the Rawlins got their first  so are not likely to want to dilute their influence before they've had the chance to do things their way.    Don't forget, they're only here because the fans backed their investment.  

I get how in black and white the value of the fans group investment should allow them to have a say but things are not always so straightforward and both timing and demands made are important.  

Overall what I've heard about the fans group on here is positive and hopefully a safety net if things go tits up but some of the whinging on here doesn't do the fans group any favours, and the bull in china shop approach is very unlikely to get any of the current board onside.  

If a 2 from the current board, the Rawlins, 2 from the investment plus a fans rep and independent chairman is not a balanced ticket that recognises 5 principles I don’t what is.

1. Retains the seats the Rawlins have

2. Gives continuity with 2 of the current board still there ensuring some of the foundations already in place are not torn up. 

3. Gives a balance with the Rawlins investment (remember to retain his 26% he would need to invest another 160-170k) 

4. Brings fans representation back to the club

5. brings a new chairman in to ensure that all sides pull together for the benefit of the club and giving the club the fresh start it needs and deserves

All that and the club get best part of 750k as a result. if that is bull in a China shop so be it. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

16 minutes ago, steveffc said:
3 hours ago, Hughsie said:
Sounds like it could be this in navy and white?

2020CB00-E64E-4631-82B6-9BCA7640FCC7.thumb.jpeg.f76fa4f69582880521caaecda3ec2c95.jpeg

No getting hate for this if it is navy and white pinstripes, white shorts, like the old coasters strip, wouldn't say it was anything like a Dunfermline strip

Agree with this, unless it turns out to be white with black pinstripes absolutely nothing like a Dunfermline strip.

Falkirk play in Navy Blue. Dunfermline play with stripes of varying widths sometimes with white prominent and sometimes black. It does not take Better meddle wi the De’l knowledge to know something simple. The home strip looks like a Dunfermline one. And yes the Coaster one from years ago was honking too 
No be liking my idea for a away strip then, think we should go red and white stripe navy blue shorts , Atletico Madrid style, dunfermline don't have copy right on striped strips

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If a 2 from the current board, the Rawlins, 2 from the investment plus a fans rep and independent chairman is not a balanced ticket that recognises 5 principles I don’t what is.

2. Gives continuity with 2 of the current board still there ensuring some of the foundations already in place are not torn up. 

3. Gives a balance with the Rawlins investment (remember to retain his 26% he would need to invest another 160-170k) 

5. brings a new chairman in to ensure that all sides pull together for the benefit of the club and giving the club the fresh start it needs and deserves

All that and the club get best part of 750k as a result. if that is bull in a China shop so be it. 

All good and well.... quite a few of us support it.

This is negelct by the Board, to not to accept a sizable chunk of cash. If this is to save their blazers and pander to the Rawlins then they are not looking after the best interests of the club. Are you just going to sit back and accept the rejection of the Board or are you going to be proactive and do something about it ? Why not go public and state what has happened, who are the stumbling blocks and why. The CI lads had the balls to do it, why not your investor Group ?

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Why do I think of Dennis Setterington every time someone writes Hetherington?

Probably because you too are child of the late 50s?

18 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

This is negelct by the Board, to not to accept a sizable chunk of cash. If this is to save their blazers and pander to the Rawlins then they are not looking after the best interests of the club. Are you just going to sit back and accept the rejection of the Board or are you going to be proactive and do something about it ? Why not go public and state what has happened, who are the stumbling blocks and why. The CI lads had the balls to do it, why not your investor Group ?

Who says the group won’t when or if they think the time is right? 

34 minutes ago, steveffc said:

No be liking my idea for a away strip then, think we should go red and white stripe navy blue shorts , Atletico Madrid style, dunfermline don't have copy right on striped strips

We beat Atletico Madrid to the owners rights, we had this in 1888  and they weren't around until the early 1900's, always thought it would be a decent away strip and it has a  collar!

NB I hate pin stripes.

1279125292_Screenshot2021-06-01at21_07_57.png.157943bff99aeebd79cd05bdaed44a4d.png

17 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

......and given that the “drawn by a 5 year old” graphic was actually commissioned by the club, therein as stark as you like is one of the obstacles and stalling tactics thrown in the path of CI.

Someone I am sure could give the details , but I know they got hammered repeatedly about pantone, and shades of white and brand and signage and no messing with the brand and and and, yet they go and sanction that. The hypocrisy is just amazing.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who says the group won’t when or if they think the time is right? 

You tell me as the slience is deafening.  From the outside it looks as though the Rawlins and the Board have made the decision to exclude the investor Group. So, when is the right time ?

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

We beat Atletico Madrid to the owners rights, we had this in 1888  and they weren't around until the early 1900's, always thought it would be a decent away strip and it has a  collar!

NB I hate pin stripes.

1279125292_Screenshot2021-06-01at21_07_57.png.157943bff99aeebd79cd05bdaed44a4d.png

82232f6f703490be8108bcabed0eb024.jpg

1 hour ago, steveffc said:
2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
This is not a commentary on the quality or otherwise of signings but if we are looking at Hetherington, Dick, McKay, Nesbitt, Williamson then why do we need a Director of Football to identify those? Anyone with a passing interest in lower league football could pick those names out.

Agree we don't need a DOF, but is this not Holt job to identify these kind of players and get them signed,, after last few years of shit we have signed, id trust Holt more than Lex

.....but they are at pains to remind us he is not a DoF, he is a SD. What the differences are I don’t know, but I am sure the job description changes by the day. One thing had better be super clear, and that is Sheerin’s role in all of it.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm not saying there's not a lot of sense in that as an ideal set up but the point is it failed.  

That means either the conditions attached by the fans group were unacceptable to the current board or the Rawlins were against and influenced the board to reject.  Most likely both though I'm not in any way itk. 

I'm not surprised if the Rawlins were against it as they want to do things their way.  Its not attractive to them to be part of an equal share committee even if that does make more sense to us as fans.  

To get this through a different approach is going to be needed.  That might be to give the Rawlins the control they want but drip feed the investment and make it dependent on the Rawlins achieving set targets that are designed in the clubs interest.  A bit more creativity basically than here are our demands take it or leave it.  

1 minute ago, Russ said:

IMG_1135.jpg

We should bring this wee gem back at some point emoji7.png

Just don't even think about going with the checked light blue one that was a monstrosity of a home strip