The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

He can play centre back and defensive midfield.

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Brentford B aye?

Does his name rhyme with Bane O'monnor?

Edited by FFC 1876

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I want another bunch of signing announcements from the club like they did with the Hartley ones that time. The checklist with the code words.

That summer was a lot of fun until we discovered none of them were actually footballers.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How long do we have to wait and see though is the question?

I was excited by the Rawlins coming and I know it’s been a relatively short period but the signs are not promising. Also businesses have been run via zoom for over a year so being in Orlando is not a good enough excuse either. It’s not like they are likely to emigrate to Scotland either. 

They allowed Holt to be appointed. Seemed a strange move and felt like it undermined the managers at the time. Certainly didn’t improve matters anyway and of all signings, Tiffoney went to Partick and effectively helped them win the league. 

The retail offerings have not improved and neither has the social media side. We couldn’t even announce Sheerin before Aberdeen and took ages for it to appear on the main newsfeed. Simple acts of professionalism should not take long to implement. The Airdrie report is still yet to appear. 

The communication to the fans. They have treated both the CI guys and the fans group with contempt. That’s not a good start. 

Falkirk legend Alex Totten decides to walk and strong rumours are it’s because of the way he’s been treated. Certainly lines up considering the timing of it and the fact he’s not been given a proper send off. 

They don’t seem to be plugging their own finance in to the club. Think we’d be lying when they arrived and we didn’t think they’d pull off a bit of a coup with regards to the new manager. If what’s said to be true too then if they increased their shareholding that would give the club a good amount of money in the bank. Why have they not done that? If it’s because they have control already then that just confirms they won’t put their own money in, unless they’re guaranteed to get it back. 

Have to say, I’ve went from excited to wait and see to now very sceptical and needing answers. 

Folk may get annoyed about the continuation of this issue but it’s extremely important for the future of our club and its immediate success. 

Just realised I forgot to add the decision to opt for a 22 game season instead of 18. That was a good idea too. Really helped our chances of promotion. 

I honestly despair though. We’ve seen one of the worst collapses in history presided by this current board and people want to start looking the other direction. 

I understand folk just want to be positive but we keep falling in to the same trap all the time.

If you can’t have a healthy bit of cynicism now then when can you? 

Also good to see the boardroom enforcers such as Pedro Moutinho out in force consistently liking everything pro-board and disliking everything anti-board. As much as there may be a lot of anti-board agenda on here(which is surely reasonable!?), make no doubt about it, there are friends of the boardroom here too throwing in a bit of spin.

If not then how you can consistently stick up for the board, given all that has went on, is beyond me. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Happy enough with Dixon staying. He's turning out to be a right good servant.

Agreed. Announce Telfer then empty the rest please.

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just realised I forgot to add the decision to opt for a 22 game season instead of 18. That was a good idea too. Really helped our chances of promotion. 

I honestly despair though. We’ve seen one of the worst collapses in history presided by this current board and people want to start looking the other direction. 

I understand folk just want to be positive but we keep falling in to the same trap all the time.

If you can’t have a healthy bit of cynicism now then when can you? 

Also good to see the boardroom enforcers such as Pedro Moutinho out in force consistently liking everything pro-board and everything anti-board. As much as there may be a lot of anti-board agenda on here(which is surely reasonable!?), make no doubt about it, there are friends of the boardroom here too throwing in a bit of spin.

If not then how you can consistently stick up for the board, given all that has went on, is beyond me. 

You would have thought that one of the greatst collapses in Scottish Football history and ending up 5th in the seaside league would be enough....

..... but nope..... selling off the family silver for peanuts to people who are not Falkirk supporters, who have no connection to the town is a fantastic idea (where have we seen that before?).  Then we come away with rejecting £600k from Falkirk fans when the club is financially in a precarious position.

...........and just to finish it off they are happy to watch as a group of fans whose sole aim is to honour a legend of the club and is one of our own, are hounded and villified to the point they walk away.

Do folk on here actually support the above ????  The only ones I can think of, are those who have some connection or have a vested interest to the current Board. 

I really do despair !

Honestly can't wait for some actual football to get annoyed with rather than constant board chat. For me, this season will tell us what the Rawlins have in store for Falkirk and I'm happy to reserve judgement until the end of the year, seems a bit much to blame them for our current state right now.
Happy enough with Dixon resigning, I think I'd rather have him at CH than LB. Our season truly fell apart as soon as he got injured although it was definitely heading there already. If the rumours are true our backline could be

Williamson McKay Dixon Dick

With Hall terrorising some other set of fans.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

McKay fair enough but Todorov is hardly out of our budget or reach. As for the Livingston team, I don’t think Alan Lithgow or any of the other released guys were unreasonable shouts.

Surely Ayr fans don't want mr I think it's okay to w**k in public in front of young mum's pushing prams at their club. Be  an absolute field day for Killie fans on.the derby.

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Honestly can't wait for some actual football to get annoyed with rather than constant board chat. For me, this season will tell us what the Rawlins have in store for Falkirk and I'm happy to reserve judgement until the end of the year, seems a bit much to blame them for our current state right now.
Happy enough with Dixon resigning, I think I'd rather have him at CH than LB. Our season truly fell apart as soon as he got injured although it was definitely heading there already. If the rumours are true our backline could be

Williamson McKay Dixon Dick

With Hall terrorising some other set of fans.

Dick is off to Raith Rovers according to the papers which ties in with rumours on here. 

9 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

You would have thought that one of the greatst collapses in Scottish Football history and ending up 5th in the seaside league would be enough....

..... but nope..... selling off the family silver for peanuts to people who are not Falkirk supporters, who have no connection to the town is a fantastic idea (where have we seen that before?).  Then we come away with rejecting £600k from Falkirk fans when the club is financially in a precarious position.

...........and just to finish it off they are happy to watch as a group of fans whose sole aim is to honour a legend of the club and is one of our own, are hounded and villified to the point they walk away.

Do folk on here actually support the above ????  The only ones I can think of, are those who have some connection or have a vested interest to the current Board. 

I really do despair !

No one has any sort of vested interests to the current board, the thing is until the grand plan comes to fruition or we know more other than the current board are ego driven and treating the fans in contempt. We are just speculating what might be the agenda for Rawlings investment other than someone or the current board are mischief making between supporters/investors groups and the Rawlings (divide and conquer). Fan group states heres our investment deans thinks he's onto a winner then see's the caveat for the investment and finds out he has to give up his and his pals hospitality, runs back tells Rawlings they want to take over the club they want to replace us blah blah.  As mentioned previously as well theres no guarantee that things would go smoothly with fans running it, your still going to have board issues (although i would feel a lot better if it was) 

Rocking up with 600k of investment in exchange for 3 of the BoD stepping down isnt the greatest way to get something you want though, a bit of their stance your stance and work your way to a solution that works for both parties here are our red lines, theres your red lines, what are you will to give in exchange its not difficult just some folk are going to have to lose the ego on the current board.

39 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Happy enough with Dixon staying. He's turning out to be a right good servant.

There was always a good footballer there. Unfortunately he was all to often the guy that stuck out when those around him did not do their job.

Think he will be the center back its the position where he can be more effective.

14 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Dick is off to Raith Rovers according to the papers which ties in with rumours on here. 

If we’ve missed out on Dick (ooh matron etc) we should be going for McCann at Airdrie.