The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He will invest more cash all right but manipulate the value to buy in at the bottom of the market.

That means sitting on his wallet. Fans will not see a coin from him until its a total buyout  'Will take it off your hands with a take it or leave it offer' most likely buying out the community stadium and surrounding land in the same package its textbook American business doctrine.

Cynical ? Ruthless ? Yes ! but that is the way they do business.

You do know Rawlins isn't American?  

16 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

He'd be more than adequate for League 1 based on the admittedly little I've seen of him.

The fact that St Johnstone are keen on him might suggest he's a step up from Hartley's jobbers ?

What position does he play?

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I don’t care whether it is Aberdeen, Barcelona, Celtic  or Dinamo Zagreb, I never want to see us have any “formal links” with any other club where we are seen as the “lesser partner”. Sure, take advantage of the loan market where we can benefit from it but I’d rather see us languish in Tier 3 forever than be seen as some pet project to a larger club.

Come on now, Dinamo Zagreb would be quite exciting.  If only for the pre season friendly and chance to recreate Ceske Budejovice style scenes

Guest Ecosse83

Love how folk write off a potential signing just because one from a similar route in the past didn’t work out 😂

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Love how folk write off a potential signing just because one from a similar route in the past didn’t work out 😂

Unreal. The same people will be saying any Scottish jobber we sign are uninspiring. I've honestly not a clue who they want us to be targeting.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Unreal. The same people will be saying any Scottish jobber we sign are uninspiring. I've honestly not a clue who they want us to be targeting.

Players well outwith your reach/budget I'd imagine.

Edit - Ayr fans are bad for this, they've signed Todorov, Billy McKay and half the Livi team according to them.

Edited by TheScarf

31 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Apologies....but it's like sitting on a fence and hoping !

The investors offered the club £600k. Looking at where we are at the moment, are we really in a position of turning down that kind of cash ?

The role of directors is to look after the well being of our club. That cash could be a lifeline for us and should have been welcomed, not pushed away. What the BoD's have effectively done is support The Rawlins in their ownership status (and perhaps their own status) to the detriment of the club.

I have yet to see any real strategy from the club other than alienating fans.  I remember Gary Deans statement that "They (The Rawlins) completely buy into what we are striving to do and in our vision of a balanced ownership structure, a structure that is only successful when fans get to invest and support simultaneously with outside investors"

That statement sounds a bit hollow considering they have chased away significant investment from fans.

Again goes back to the point Shadwell made and mentioned we have replaced one set of ego driven Directors with more what is increasingly seeming to be Ego driven Directors..

Put it down to Stubbornness or pride the fact they seem to know whats  better and no quarter given to the fans.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

We're hurting and lashing out because no matter what strategy we use to identify and sign new players we f*ck it up. 

Who can blame any of us for being so cynical and negative?

With Alston's confirmed departure we have 6 players signed up for next season with obviously the 4 rumoured preseason contracts to come in as well. Still at least 10 permanent signings to be made on top of that surely. Squad of 20 then loans to bolster that squad.

Robbie Mutch

Ryan Williamson*

Brad Mckay*

Blair Sneddon

Callumn Morrison

Gary Miller

Steven Hetherington*

Aidan Nesbitt*

Aidan Keena

Anton Dowds

*Subject to the preseason contract rumour being correct

Remaining players from last season still to be confirmed as leaving or staying.

Ben Hall - please to god be gone.

Paul Dixon - If his injuries not as bad as feared, i'd be happy with him staying.

Sean Kelly - Wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go as he's just went through an entire season never looking fit enough.

Charlie Telfer - Hopefully signs on for next season if he's recovered from his injury.

Aidan Connolly - Again wouldn't be too fussed with him going due to his recurring injuries but if it was a fully fit Connolly I'd be happy with him staying.

Players well outwith your reach/budget I'd imagine.
Edit - Ayr fans are bad for this, they've signed Todorov, Billy McKay and half the Livi team according to them.

McKay fair enough but Todorov is hardly out of our budget or reach. As for the Livingston team, I don’t think Alan Lithgow or any of the other released guys were unreasonable shouts.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

McKay fair enough but Todorov is hardly out of our budget or reach. As for the Livingston team, I don’t think Alan Lithgow or any of the other released guys were unreasonable shouts.

Is Todorov likely to sign for Ayr when he has offers from The Caley, Dundee and Livi?

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Pipe dream surely, he's not had an amazing season but he's still got 2 years left on his deal.

No idea tbh im just passing it on, not claiming to be ITK. Same person told me Grant was pars manager before he was even being mentioned though! 

1 hour ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Seeing snippets on here of some sort of link to the US.

I've just heard something which would possibly confirm it.

I know the family of a young Scottish player currently playing for an English Championship B team. He is looking to move back home as he's not going to break into the 1st team. He's been talking to St Johnstone and Falkirk, a no brainer on paper given both clubs current situations, but is edging towards Falkirk as he's been told the club would get him a move to the US in 12-18 months time.

Brentford B aye?

34 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Speaking of the absolutely woeful Sammut.. I saw this hilarious quote from him whilst playing at.. Dulwich. There's self-delusion then there's this.. 

You never know what the circumstances would have been if Lampard’s reign came a bit earlier, or another manager came in who played young players,” Sammut says on the morning of a game for his current club, Dulwich Hamlet.

I clocked he was on a Chelsea podcast but sadly his time up here never got a mention when I skimmed through it.

Also never mentioned it in a long piece he done in the athletic.

He knew, having failed to star in League One, it may need to be League Two, or the National League. He trained with Dover, Woking and Bromley in the National League to keep fit and, as the window closed and squad space closed up, Sammut dropped into the sixth tier of English football. He is now playing for Dulwich Hamlet of the National League South, defeating teams such as Corinthian Casuals and Christchurch in the qualification rounds of the FA Cup

No idea tbh im just passing it on, not claiming to be ITK. Same person told me Grant was pars manager before he was even being mentioned though! 

McManus shared something on his Mrs social media, which was her asking why people are saying something she’d posted meant he was coming to Falkirk