Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Again, suspect there would have been a clause which allows him to break the contract should promotion not be attained. 

Given that a PCA is simply an indication of intent, and not a binding contract, no such clause is necessary. That is often why they are not announced.

Rodgers

Muirhead (he was tolerable at this point)

LEAHY

Grant

McCracken

Kerr

Alston/Taiwo

VAULKS

Baird (we’d take that level of striker now)

Miller

Sibbs

Subs:

McHugh

Alston/Taiwo

Watson

Hippolyte/O’Hara

A.N. Other

Whoever the sub keeper was

Loved that squad.

8 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Wtf is going on here? We’ve released a woeful “football player” and announced his release. What’s the issue? He has stunk the place out for 2 years, we owe him nothing. Cheerio 👋🏻 

Couldn’t have put it better, another shop window dummy we’ve ensured for two years. PR skills ? Really ? Some need to get a grip of reality on here. We’re languishing in the third tier of Scottish football with the worst set of players that tossed this league, and now blaming the PR skills, couldn’t make it Fck.....up

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Couldn’t have put it better, another shop window dummy we’ve ensured for two years. PR skills ? Really ? Some need to get a grip of reality on here. We’re languishing in the third tier of Scottish football with the worst set of players that tossed this league, and now blaming the PR skills, couldn’t make it Fck.....up

No need to single him out if it wasn’t necessary, that’s the point. Stick on a release list or if it couldn’t wait because of other negotiations taking place then fair enough. If it’s deliberate treatment of one player then it shows the club, yet again, in a bad light and doesn’t do us any favours.

Of course, he needed punted.

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Will Vaulks might genuinely be the last Falkirk player I absolutely adored.

Was he the guy who kept shooting on sight in the cup final?  Which made you end up with about 30 shots on target by the end?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was he the guy who kept shooting on sight in the cup final?  Which made you end up with about 30 shots on target by the end?

Aye Vaulks would shoot from anywhere. I do recall him fizzing one just over the bar early on in the final i'm sure.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Aye Vaulks would shoot from anywhere. I do recall him fizzing one just over the bar early on in the final i'm sure.

It made sense actually, given that Esson was beaten with two very tame free kicks in the SF from Van Dijk and Guidetti.

Folk still whining about Durnan. Jesus. It's info it's fed out once it comes available.  Doubt he gives a feck. People getting their knickers in a twist about feck all. If we'd been less bothered about what others think when it came to m and m they'd have been punted a lot sooner instead of after the last game before the bloody split.

State of these new accounts coming on to post about how it's bad PR the way Durnans release was announced. f**k me that's new levels petty. He is owed zero and was a player everyone wanted to see leave and one that everyone had a grumble about with him not being on the first list. Happily have the club announce each an every imposter that is being released in this fashion. My only gripe was the lack of trebuchet. 

Agreed. Let's just all be thankful he's away. Next out the door one step forward. 

I don't really give a f**k about the etiquette of the announcement, what concerns me is that it wasn't announced at the same time as the others which leads me to believe Holt was trying to get him to stay and negotiations eventually broke down and so it was confirmed he is leaving. If Holt was wanting to keep that impostor then it shows his judgement of a player and we're in big fucking trouble. Still.

Not fussed about Durnan going but not getting the seethefest. People overthinking it. 

10 hours ago, Zbairn said:

The club needs to get some proper PR skills on the Board to end this kind of blunder from happening again and again ! 

Can't believe folk that moan about a DoF role saying its not needing and then want to employ someone for PR .

I couldnt really care if they announced his departure with sign writing in the sky as long as he is gone how he has managed to carve a career out in football i will never know.  His woeful defending and in some cases sending off(s) is part of the reason we are still in this league.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Rodgers

Muirhead (he was tolerable at this point)

LEAHY

Grant

McCracken

Kerr

Alston/Taiwo

VAULKS

Baird (we’d take that level of striker now)

Miller

Sibbs

Subs:

McHugh

Alston/Taiwo

Watson

Hippolyte/O’Hara

A.N. Other

Whoever the sub keeper was

Loved that squad.

I was a big fan of Dods too. Good solid defender whose effort was never in question.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Singling out the guy in the way they did so that he got hammered didn’t need to happen. 
If you have the strength character that if it happened to you or yours, it would fine and dandy, then great. For others, social media pile-ons can hurt.

That the point being made wrt PR went right over your head, I would suggest you go and read it again. Where did he/she claim that a lack of PR skills was the reason we are where we are? I think you really made that interpretation up all on your own. It was about doing something that led to a guy getting hammered on social media.

I certainly agree in that we probably don’t need PR expertise at the club. I suppose we’ve got by without it until now. However, a bit of common sense would help.

52 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't really give a f**k about the etiquette of the announcement, what concerns me is that it wasn't announced at the same time as the others which leads me to believe Holt was trying to get him to stay and negotiations eventually broke down and so it was confirmed he is leaving. If Holt was wanting to keep that impostor then it shows his judgement of a player and we're in big fucking trouble. Still.

The only saving grace apart from Holt meddling in contract negotiations is they will all be offered vastly reduced terms which you'd hope they all refuse. 🤞

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Singling out the guy in the way they did so that he got hammered didn’t need to happen. 
If you have the strength character that if it happened to you or yours, it would fine and dandy, then great. For others, social media pile-ons can hurt.

That the point being made wrt PR went right over your head, I would suggest you go and read it again. Where did he/she claim that a lack of PR skills was the reason we are where we are? I think you really made that interpretation up all on your own. It was about doing something that led to a guy getting hammered on social media.

I certainly agree in that we probably don’t need PR expertise at the club. I suppose we’ve got by without it until now. However, a bit of common sense would help.

Your suggestion that my interpretation was way off, is incorrect, thanks anyway