The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

That part I don’t get but successfully people are mainly control freaks  - He needs to be single minded to sort all the baggage we are carrying over from the last decade. 

Wtf is this? Are you his life coach? Have you dealt with him? I mean dealt with, not spoken to or listened to his podcast.

Guest Brockvillenomore
11 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Ethics and morals? Do you seriously think after reading Brockvillenomore’s post, that our current BoD’s are acting ethically and morally in turning down £600k and abusing long time fans by letter?

If not Bantabairn account No.2.....then certainly another BoD plant. We already have had the mistakenly use of the word “us” in a previous post.  We now have similar with “their” .

Do you know what sticks in my craw? There are two ex Back the Bairns patrons on the board, people who were part of a group committed to pushing for democratic and full fan ownership. Actually introduced to GD by the lads leading BTB. 

Let that sink in. 

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

it . 
The shrewdness is the bit we have been missing for so long  and to have that skill on board long term is worth  a lot more than 600k short term . If he makes a few bob along

3 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Do you know what sticks in my craw? There are two ex Back the Bairns patrons on the board, people who were part of a group committed to pushing for democratic and full fan ownership. Actually introduced to GD by the lads leading BTB. 

Let that sink in. 

Desperate stuff. Particularly when one of them is happy to tell anyone who will listen that his personal integrity and morality is beyond reproach.........except for the time he went along with the rest of the Board in an attempt to give substance to a completely fabricated lie against a supporter....but in everything else, yep, his personal integrity is very very important. It was just that one time, and unless asked, he would never ever do it again.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Desperate stuff. Particularly when one of them is happy to tell anyone who will listen that his personal integrity and morality is beyond reproach.........except for the time he went along with the rest of the Board in an attempt to give substance to a completely fabricated lie against a supporter....but in everything else, yep, his personal integrity is very very important. It was just that one time, and unless asked, he would never ever do it again.

Too right.  I'm close to people who were involved in the old school, original Back The Bairns.  The ones who actually saved the club back in the late 1990s.  And trust me, they're appalled with what has happened to the club and the behaviour of the directors.  

With our current League One status, I’ve mentioned previously that I believed Darren Young to be a good choice as Head Coach.
Not too dissimilar a profile to Jim Jefferies when he came with the Deans from Berwick, some time back.
So, I do think Paul Sheerin would be a good appointment with a similar low profile, modestly successful management background.
As long as Holt is kept upstairs, mainly detached from 1st team matters, I’d be optimistic about Paul Sheerin. As good a choice as we could’ve hoped for.
But then again I did think Hartley and Mackinnon would do well.....

Why on Earth would Young want to transfer from a goodish division 1 side to another?
Touch of realism needed

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to talking about some signings in the coming weeks. As fucked as the board seems to constant bickering on here about it is a depressing read! 

At least next week we can be depressed about the signings we make! 😆

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Simples They are in a position to control ( some elements) of the club because that’s the deal they negotiated. The other board members have no shares and no cash to buy any. ( or much of a clue ))
They knocked back the investment because they would have been reduced to being purely investors. ( You don’t make money investing in provincial football clubs in Scotland) They don’t want to be investors or owners they want to sit in the middle space ( safe from the gaze of the football regulators who don’t allow owners to be agents or owners to have significant interests in other clubs .  ( Watch this space that move will be coming ) They intend to use the club and probably others to have access to the English transfer market where Agents( really it’s what they are or plan to be currently in disguise ) can make millions -particularly if they can control the raw material  .  Rawlings and his lawyer mate know this from their experience at Stoke that control  over the flow of players is critical . They were frustrated as they didn’t have it at stoke or Orlando but they saw exactly how it could work ) They now have it at Falkirk and  our new investors would have interfered with that )

Now the crux of the matter is will it be good for us - my guess is YES it probably will be great as believe me I have every faith under Rawlings we are headed for the premiership. Why because he knows what it takes to be successful in the game and is shrewd.  Now I would rather have both the new investment and his business experience but you can’t have your cake and eat it . 
The shrewdness is the bit we have been missing for so long  and to have that skill on board long term is worth  a lot more than 600k short term . If he makes a few bob along the way he deserves it for devising and executing what is a pretty smart plan . 

If this plan is correct then £600k won’t fall in to Falkirk’s bank account as they will take the bulk of any transfer fee. Falkirk take the risk, pay the wages and the Rawlins take the reward in return for only a £300k investment? I’d happily have chipped in with others for that kind of deal. 

Not sure where it will leave us either. These schemes certainly didn’t turn out well for Airdrie and Raith when it was implemented by Steve Archibald and Claude Anelka.

Also if they are bringing superstars from their own agency then what is the point in Gary Holt and why are the only signings mentioned so far, lower league jobbers?

If their contacts are so great too then why are we even appointing people like Sheerin and Holt. Surely there are much more exciting people available? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

62 days until the new season starts. Interestingly, donkeys have 62 chromosomes whilst horses have 64. If a horse mates with a donkey, the offspring will be a mule - which has 63 chromosomes and can't therefore reproduce. 

This is why Falkirk men stay away from Fife women. 

19 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Simples They are in a position to control ( some elements) of the club because that’s the deal they negotiated. The other board members have no shares and no cash to buy any. ( or much of a clue ))
They knocked back the investment because they would have been reduced to being purely investors. ( You don’t make money investing in provincial football clubs in Scotland) They don’t want to be investors or owners they want to sit in the middle space ( safe from the gaze of the football regulators who don’t allow owners to be agents or owners to have significant interests in other clubs .  ( Watch this space that move will be coming ) They intend to use the club and probably others to have access to the English transfer market where Agents( really it’s what they are or plan to be currently in disguise ) can make millions -particularly if they can control the raw material  .  Rawlings and his lawyer mate know this from their experience at Stoke that control  over the flow of players is critical . They were frustrated as they didn’t have it at stoke or Orlando but they saw exactly how it could work ) They now have it at Falkirk and  our new investors would have interfered with that )

Now the crux of the matter is will it be good for us - my guess is YES it probably will be great as believe me I have every faith under Rawlings we are headed for the premiership. Why because he knows what it takes to be successful in the game and is shrewd.  Now I would rather have both the new investment and his business experience but you can’t have your cake and eat it . 
The shrewdness is the bit we have been missing for so long  and to have that skill on board long term is worth  a lot more than 600k short term . If he makes a few bob along the way he deserves it for devising and executing what is a pretty smart plan . 

I don't know what planet you are on but it must be La La Land.

The only league left where they are spending millions is the EPL and they ain't buying players from Falkirk any time in this millennium or ever. Even the most recently successful provincial club like us  in Scotland - St Johnstone - aren't selling any players for millions or any money at all. So I have no idea how you think we are doing this  , especially with no academy or anything that's 10 years off producing talent.      

If this is Rawling's business model God help us.