The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I can’t help but feel that the demands are what has put the board and Rawlins off taking the investment. The demands made were pretty strong, which I would suspect set things off badly right from the off. Surely the best approach would have been to ask for representation on the board and then try and have an influence from there.

I get where you're coming from but that would mean the group investing a lot more money than Rawlins did with basically no control while Rawlins runs the show, that dosent seem fair to me. 

• Replies 135.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadwell Dog

• Back Post Misses

• Marshmallo

• Bairnardo

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I can’t help but feel that the demands are what has put the board and Rawlins off taking the investment. The demands made were pretty strong, which I would suspect set things off badly right from the off. Surely the best approach would have been to ask for representation on the board and then try and have an influence from there.

Asking for equal control whilst putting in more money isn’t an unfair ‘demand’. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

That is an exceptionally naive way of looking at this proposed investment.

No one with any business experience would hand over £500,000 and "try and have an influence "!

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So classy. Aberdeen FC announce the new Falkirk Head Coach before Falkirk FC does. Pure genius.

My word, yep just checked and Aberdeen tweeted it first.

If he was the best man out of 100+ applications we are in deeper shit than I thought. Obviously will be delighted if he proves us wrong and does well but f**k me it does show how far we've fallen.

Posted (edited)

At least it's not one of the usual jobbers  that constantly does the rounds. 

When you think about it he fits into the role of the plans the Rawlins apparently have. If he was bringing through players into the Aberdeen  squad then they will hope he does something similar here so they can move them on, if he is given any time that is. 

We wait in trepidation. 

Edited by Sgt Bilko