The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dunfermline staying down and Morton teetering on the brink of relegation. Funny. 

Sure they heavily invested in the squad to get up this year 

• Replies 135.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadwell Dog

• Back Post Misses

• Marshmallo

• Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hearts, Hibs and rangers but Livingston? They were honking back then.  We missed out on the playoffs to feckin queen of the south which was pretty poor back then.

I was contrasting some of those teams fortunes since then vs ours.

54 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dunfermline staying down and Morton teetering on the brink of relegation. Funny. 

It’d be funny if we weren’t pure shit but a bit meh just now. 

I think Dunfermline would have been looking to go up this year as I think they invested heavily in salaries for the likes of Whittaker and Thomas.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’d be funny if we weren’t pure shit but a bit meh just now. 

I think Dunfermline would have been looking to go up this year as I think they invested heavily in salaries for the likes of Whittaker and Thomas.

Looks like Crawford's bound to be looking for a job soon.

Praying the potential fans Q&A session happens in person, although can’t say I’m looking forward to the usual pish questions about working on shooting in training & picking up players from the juniors. 

i think i'll be saving my ST money this year and use it to go to the few away games that take my fancy.

f**k the board, they don't deserve the support and after 36 years of watching the team most weeks through thick and thin this is the final straw.

The 2014/15 season saw us finish 5th in a Championship containing Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Livingston and very unluckily lose in the Scottish Cup Final. The same season, Montrose had to overcome a first leg defeat to Brora Rangers to win the 2nd leg 3-1 to remain in the league pyramid.
Now reflect on the fact that over the short period of time since then Montrose are a better team than us and think how badly our board have run our club.

When you put it like that ... it’s been a remarkable period of time.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What would you consider an exciting prospect?

Comes down to gut instincts in the end. Some great players turn out to be awful managers and run of the mill jobbers turn out to be top drawer.

Take Alex Ferguson. Well known in the dressing room as a bit of a disruptive influence. Players union rep. 

Not exactly a managerial great prospect

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Comes down to gut instincts in the end. Some great players turn out to be awful managers and run of the mill jobbers turn out to be top drawer.

Take Alex Ferguson. Well known in the dressing room as a bit of a disruptive influence. Players union rep. 

Not exactly a managerial great prospect

Wanted to be Falkirk boss, but in typical fashion we rejected that idea.

When you put it like that ... it’s been a remarkable period of time.

And .. on a purely footballing level .. 4 of the team that played in those games against Brora are still first team regulars .. including our current top goal scorer. Just goes to show what a decent manager can do.

Posted (edited)

Just got to get this off my chest.

I have grave concerns regarding the likely appointment of Stuart Taylor and/or Peter Grant as head coach at Falkirk. Their managerial record is strewn with short spells (~ 6-18 months) at clubs in management/coaching roles for the last 15 years culminating in failure. I fear this will continue at Falkirk as each are regressive in management ability terms.

I know I’ve put forward Darren Young previously but his record in 2 spells as manager - Albion Rovers (3 seasons) and East Fife (4 seasons) establishing each part time team as solid League One outfits - is highly creditable. Now, I know we all want more than League One obscurity but these are impressive credentials to consider for a club in our current state (I.e. fcked).

We should appoint Young before the Fifers do.

Edited by HonestAl

Guest Peter LaFleur
8 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Just got to get this off my chest.

I have grave concerns regarding the likely appointment of Stuart Taylor and/or Peter Grant as head coach at Falkirk. Their managerial record is strewn with short spells (~ 6-18 months) at clubs in management/coaching roles for the last 15 years culminating in failure. I fear this will continue at Falkirk as each are regressive in management ability terms.

I know I’ve put forward Darren Young previously but his record in 2 spells as manager - Albion Rovers (3 seasons) and East Fife (4 seasons) establishing each part time team as solid League One outfits - is highly creditable. Now, I know we all want more than League One obscurity but these are impressive credentials to consider for a club in our current state (I.e. fcked).

We should appoint Young before the Fifers do.

Agreed with Taylor/Grant. Don’t think Young is the answer either mind you. He has done probably as expected with East Fife each season with the exception of this season where it’s been a disappointment missing out on the ‘top 5’. Murray at Airdrie would be a safer bet, if they don’t go up, as I believe I read on here he is out of contract.

11 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed with Taylor/Grant. Don’t think Young is the answer either mind you. He has done probably as expected with East Fife each season with the exception of this season where it’s been a disappointment missing out on the ‘top 5’. Murray at Airdrie would be a safer bet, if they don’t go up, as I believe I read on here he is out of contract.

If we appoint Murray I’m done!

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If we appoint Murray I’m done!

Haha, just shows how divided the support will be regardless of who is appointed. I don’t trust the board whatsoever to make the right call which is also an issue in all of this.