The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The 500k would have been something good - the red lines maybe not.  

It sounds like I have 100% faith in the Rawlins.  I don't but I just think we spent so long trying to get control from MR and SA to someone with a bit more know how.  We seem to have that and most of you seem to want to take that influence away and hand it to a group of fans (who haven't even made their identity or proposals public) before the Rawlins have even made it over here.  On top of that it sounds like MR and SA seem to be in favour of letting the fans group in (which would have been the ultimate red flag a few weeks ago). 

Its a typical Falkirk made mess.  

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think its the fact anyone is happy with it but its more he has a proven track record.  I can understand wanting fan involvement/Owners but as has previously been brought up what happens when/if they make a wrong decision does that make it any more acceptable.  Also if there ends up being splits in that ownership model.   

It shouldn't need to be one or the other, Rawlins sated when be came in he wanted to work with fans groups and the board when they were assembled said they wanted to work with fans groups and have fan representation on the board, everybody should be willing to work together, as Shadwell said it's not as if he has 50+%, he's in minority and therefore should be working with others - so why when a group of fans come along with 500K+ are they turned away - the difference that money could make to the upcoming season is massive.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont think its the fact anyone is happy with it but its more he has a proven track record.  I can understand wanting fan involvement/Owners but as has previously been brought up what happens when/if they make a wrong decision does that make it any more acceptable.  Also if there ends up being splits in that ownership model.   

I'd much rather have people in charge of the club that are bothered about the results on a Saturday rather than the number one requirement being making cash from selling a few players on.   I'd rather have people in charge whose number one aim is to get people back enjoying going to watch Falkirk FC again . Getting local fans on board with a very sizeable investment should be a no brainer unless you have plans that are not going to be favourable to them in some way.  Favourable to them would be winning matches and getting Falkirk back into the premiership. So why is Rawlings not just treating them with contempt but actually trying to discredit certain individuals on this group via personal attacks.  These are fans of the club and not strangers attempting a hostile takeover FFS.

Let’s just give him a chance. His arse is barely in the door. The signings will be better than what we had and there will be more to come. The last thing we need is fans no backing the manager. As I said before, it’s not what he’s done elsewhere it’s what he does with us.

I think Sheerin will do well for you guys. His stint with us ultimately led to relegation back down to league 2 but I think he had a few off-field issues in the end which caused him to lose focus.

In his first season he took us to our first ever title, the following season he very nearly got us promotion to the Championship. Both seasons playing exciting, attacking fitba with loads of goals and big wins.

I think with being full-time and having a much bigger budget than when he had with us plus his 7 years experience at Aberdeen should see him be a success.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd much rather have people in charge of the club that are bothered about the results on a Saturday rather than the number one requirement being making cash from selling a few players on.   I'd rather have people in charge whose number one aim is to get people back enjoying going to watch Falkirk FC again . Getting local fans on board with a very sizeable investment should be a no brainer unless you have plans that are not going to be favourable to them in some way.  Favourable to them would be winning matches and getting Falkirk back into the premiership. So why is Rawlings not just treating them with contempt but actually trying to discredit certain individuals on this group via personal attacks.  These are fans of the club and not strangers attempting a hostile takeover FFS.

I'm on the fence with it i just want the best for the club and to stop getting fucked over by the likes of CC, Lang, AT and Gowser whatever the agenda and anything just to spite the fanbase and a GIRFUY.  It would be good for Rawlings to be that bit of stability and go with but only time will tell what the right agenda is, cant help but think that Deans is the spanner in the works with the club now and trying to move forward.

7 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

That'll do for me. 

Seriously, look at some of our results from season 2010-11 and 2011-12. I think we were top, or near top scorers in Scotland that first season. We had two strikers on +20 too.

ETA - we conceded a fair few too 😜

Edited by Tattie36

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm on the fence with it i just want the best for the club and to stop getting fucked over by the likes of CC, Lang, AT and Gowser whatever the agenda and anything just to spite the fanbase and a GIRFUY.  It would be good for Rawlings to be that bit of stability and go with but only time will tell what the right agenda is, cant help but think that Deans is the spanner in the works with the club now and trying to move forward.

Deans and his mates are just a puppet for Rawlins now. Rawlins doesn't want them out because he can control them. There's no safeguard at the moment and that's how he can run the club after minimum investment.  

I don’t know anything about the ins and outs of the fan proposal or who was involved. But what I would say is that just because someone is a fan doesn’t mean they’ll be a good owner/director.

Martin Ritchie, Sandy Alexander and Lex Miller were all Falkirk fans and we can all see how that turned out. 

The Rawlins are experienced businesspeople with a proven track record of success in football. They will clearly have a plan for the club (which I would like to hear more about).

I can see why they wouldn’t be keen on a bunch of people appearing and demanding control of managerial appointments and removal of directors before the Rawlins have even had a chance to start implementing their ideas.

20 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I think Sheerin will do well for you guys. His stint with us ultimately led to relegation back down to league 2 but I think he had a few off-field issues in the end which caused him to lose focus.

In his first season he took us to our first ever title, the following season he very nearly got us promotion to the Championship. Both seasons playing exciting, attacking fitba with loads of goals and big wins.

I think with being full-time and having a much bigger budget than when he had with us plus his 7 years experience at Aberdeen should see him be a success.

The problem for us is that unlike at you guys he isn't sourcing the players our esteemed dof is. This means that sheerin could be the greatest coach on the planet but if Holt signs a pile of shite it won't matter a jot.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem for us is that unlike at you guys he isn't sourcing the players our esteemed dof is. This means that sheerin could be the greatest coach on the planet but if Holt signs a pile of shite it won't matter a jot.

True to an extent but he definitely got the best out of the players he inherited.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t know anything about the ins and outs of the fan proposal or who was involved. But what I would say is that just because someone is a fan doesn’t mean they’ll be a good owner/director.

Martin Ritchie, Sandy Alexander and Lex Miller were all Falkirk fans and we can all see how that turned out. 

The Rawlins are experienced businesspeople with a proven track record of success in football. They will clearly have a plan for the club (which I would like to hear more about).

I can see why they wouldn’t be keen on a bunch of people appearing and demanding control of managerial appointments and removal of directors before the Rawlins have even had a chance to start implementing their ideas.

They could've  take up their investment option then but they didn't bother because they've been handed the control of the  club after investing only 300k. The patrons initially wanted two seats with Rawlins having two and the deans mob having two.  Deans and his mob wanted more though having invested feck all whilst fans investing 600k get only a couple. Noone in their right mind would ever agree to that. Only once deans had behaved like a cant did the patrons realise they couldn't work with him and wanted him removed giving him an easy get out of having brought the investment in he had said he would . The whole thing is a complete mess and very worrying for anyone who is a fan. I don't think some folk actually realise what's going on here.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

True to an extent but he definitely got the best out of the players he inherited.

Now look here random Arbroath supporter, get lost with your weird positivity. This is the Falkirk thread for moaning faced gits to bitch, whine and piss themselves about anything and everything to do with Falkirk FC. Your sort aren't welcome here. 

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Now look here random Arbroath supporter, get lost with your weird positivity. This is the Falkirk thread for moaning faced gits to bitch, whine and piss themselves about anything and everything to do with Falkirk FC. Your sort aren't welcome here. 

Noted. 😆😆

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Well let's hear about them then?  How many have been in positions of influence during successful periods for clubs like Stoke and Orlando (or similar)?  

Sorry - you can't expect to win support just by being fans with money.  Maybe there's more to the fans group than that (I'm sure there is) but nobody other than a select few knows anything about them.    

This is what I don’t get. Yet more secrets and mystery. How can this be classed as a “fans bid” when it can be put forward and rejected before 99% of fans even know anything about it?

Why wasn’t it made public? Why weren’t the fans asked about how they would want fan representation to look? Why has nobody come forward with any info? Why was it rejected?

If this is a “fans bid” then surely the fans should know 🤷🏼‍♂️

That is an exceptionally naive way of looking at this proposed investment.
No one with any business experience would hand over £500,000 and "try and have an influence "!

You’re correct and I didn’t explain myself too well. The posts so far have stated that the fan group demanded certain people were removed from the board, they got representation on the board and a say in who the next manager is. Now I’m only going on that information, but removing people from the board might have been seen as a pretty bold request and may have raised concern over what other requests would be made once they had a shareholding. Of course they need some sort of control and I’m all for this, but some of the demands may have have worried the board that other, similar demands, may come in the future if the investment was accepted.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

coaching staff assess the current squad, recommend which players would improve the squad, DOF then tries to sign those players leaving the coaching staff to concentrate on the coaching

5 minutes ago, Should know better at 70 said:

coaching staff assess the current squad, recommend which players would improve the squad, DOF then tries to sign those players leaving the coaching staff to concentrate on the coaching

Holts had players lined up long before the manager was even appointed.  He'll be getting the players in and then sheerin will have to try and get a tune out of them. He is sourcing the players not the coach.

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You’re correct and I didn’t explain myself too well. The posts so far have stated that the fan group demanded certain people were removed from the board, they got representation on the board and a say in who the next manager is. Now I’m only going on that information, but removing people from the board might have been seen as a pretty bold request and may have raised concern over what other requests would be made once they had a shareholding. Of course they need some sort of control and I’m all for this, but some of the demands may have have worried the board that other, similar demands, may come in the future if the investment was accepted.

Deans and his crew are hopeless FFS. You should be asking why Rawlins is happy to have incompetent buffoons like them on the board and not why the patrons wanted them to resign after a disastrous two seasons for the club.