Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

First of many hopefully

image.thumb.png.fb750dd17ec256d2ec0b5bf6e74fe5be.png

And here is the the prediction for where they will go:

• Jay Cantley - Juniors or the local college
  • Akeel Francis - National League South or North, with an option to appear on Love Island
  • Morgaro Gomis - QP*
  • Aidan Laverty - QP*
  • Robbie Leitch - QP*
  • Scott Mercer  QP*
  • Conor Sammon - The Shire (he won't have far to walk and they need a replacement for Andy Rodgers)
  • Josh Todd - Berwick or Stranraer (trying to seal up the Borders)

* May turn into an actual footballer and cause us grief at some point

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Hearing Raith have offered a contract to Telfer

He is one that I would say fine if he stayed but not arsed if he goes. There is not a player at the club who I would feel upset about losing, loads I will be raging if we keep though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Why are we releasing players before we have a manager? 

Because we are not going to appoint a manager We have a DOF who will appoint a head coach. Very different role with less responsibility for sourcing the players ? 

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

You don’t. 

Peter grant was interviewed for the job along with Stuart Taylor 3 weeks ago . I suspect he is currently tapping the alloa guys we want on board but remember Holty will have the final say 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Why are we releasing players before we have a manager? 

Because the fans have been demanding it since Tuesday evening.

If the club are in discussions with other players anything other than there's the door is ludicrous. Not one of them deserve to wear the jersey. 

20 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Peter grant was interviewed for the job along with Stuart Taylor 3 weeks ago . I suspect he is currently tapping the alloa guys we want on board but remember Holty will have the final say 

Three weeks ago Miller and McCracken were still in position and Grant was still manager of Alloa Athletic.

We are not appointing Manager. We are appointing a Head Coach. The Director of Football is responsible for recruitment, contracts etc. He takes input from scouts, agents, contacts etc.  While the Head Coach may be asked for an opinion, it's not their responsibility to sign players. It is their role to coach the players at their disposal.

We have an American influence on the board now and this is how they do things in US sports.

You are dividing and conquering the role of Manager.  Why would you ask an ex-footballer to take over a managerial position when they had no experience of management.  Ross Wilson did the DoF role well for us in the past as that was his skilset. Top Managers have knowledge other than kicking a ball. Jack Ross has a degree in Economics. Arsenal Wenger has a degree in Politics and Economics.  

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Three weeks ago Miller and McCracken were still in position and Grant was still manager of Alloa Athletic.

Same week he was announced he was leaving Alloa at the end of the season. To be fair Stainrod did say the other night Holt was making decisions on players over the next few days and today we got a released list.

2 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

We are not appointing Manager. We are appointing a Head Coach. The Director of Football is responsible for recruitment, contracts etc. He takes input from scouts, agents, contacts etc.  While the Head Coach may be asked for an opinion, it's not their responsibility to sign players. It is their role to coach the players at their disposal.

We have an American influence on the board now and this is how they do things in US sports.

You are dividing and conquering the role of Manager.  Why would you ask an ex-footballer to take over a managerial position when they had no experience of management.  Ross Wilson did the DoF role well for us in the past as that was his skilset. Top Managers have knowledge other than kicking a ball. Jack Ross has a degree in Economics. Arsenal Wenger has a degree in Politics and Economics.  

I was with you until you put Jack Ross and Arsenal Wenger in the same bracket.

7 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I've got a cousin called Kevin. He's got a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics & Bionics!

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

I've got a cousin called Kevin. He's got a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics & Bionics!

Has he got his CV in?

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Same week he was announced he was leaving Alloa at the end of the season. To be fair Stainrod did say the other night Holt was making decisions on players over the next few days and today we got a released list.

The notion that, three weeks ago, Holt was interviewing a manager still under contract to another club, for a vacancy that did not even exist, is far-fetched in the extreme.

I've yet to hear one coherent explanation or rationale as to what precise credentials or experience Gary Holt possesses that has seen him pretty much entrusted with the keys and carte blanche to run the football side of this club. His involvement with any first-team affairs should have ceased the minute the final whistle went at Airdrie on Tuesday. Massively unconvinced that this is the path we should be going down.

25 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Time flies when your having fun feels like three possibly two - grant was interviewed before the Airdrie game 

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Time flies when your having fun feels like three possibly two - grant was interviewed before the Airdrie game 

So neither two or three weeks ago then, more like a few days ago? Ok

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

If you think that's good wait until you hear Corrzo's!

I have been told Taylor will be head coach with Grant as asst
Makes a lot of sense based on the rumours since M&M got the bullet.

20 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have been told Taylor will be head coach with Grant as asst

I’d take that! 

What's the appeal of Stuart Taylor other than he's a bit of an unknown quantity?  

His record isn't exactly great and he's been closely associated with serial failure Paul Lambert over the last few years.  

What am I missing?