The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The same people that had Paul Hartley avatars,  called him ‘The Don’ and referred to his team which included Haber, Dallison, Fasan, Lewis and ToE as ‘The Juggernaut’ already against Sheerin before he’s even started - oh dear.

Is that the same ones that called Mark Campbell boss

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's only bought 26 percent of the shares FFS. It's not as if he has 51 percent or i'd perhaps agree with you.  26 percent shouldn't give him the ability to fob off a fans investment without the other 74 percent having some kind of say in it especially when it's a sizeable sum. Since when did it become fecking Rawlins fc? 

The decision to knock it back wouldn't have been Rawlins alone - sounds like there was consensus that the majority of shareholders want to give Rawlins the influence he needs to take things in his direction with that being diluted.  Isn't there also the option to increase their investment as part of the deal that brought them in? 

That could very well be the wrong decision (not like we have a history of making great decisions) but at face value Rawlins has the experience and credentials to do well. 

It seems strange to me that we wouldn't let that play out.  There aren't any signs of this being a Kenny Rogers scenario so why would we dilute his influence before he's even started.  

100% behind new investment, but the conditions that seem to go with it sound counter productive imo.  

21 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The decision to knock it back wouldn't have been Rawlins alone - sounds like there was consensus that the majority of shareholders want to give Rawlins the influence he needs to take things in his direction with that being diluted.  Isn't there also the option to increase their investment as part of the deal that brought them in? 

That could very well be the wrong decision (not like we have a history of making great decisions) but at face value Rawlins has the experience and credentials to do well. 

It seems strange to me that we wouldn't let that play out.  There aren't any signs of this being a Kenny Rogers scenario so why would we dilute his influence before he's even started.  

100% behind new investment, but the conditions that seem to go with it sound counter productive imo.  

They aren't backed by Ritchie and superfan so where are they getting this majority backing from? There's been no EGM etc to ask shareholders or sound folk off.  Rawlins with his 26 percent and Deans's hopeless cabal who have hardly any shares between them and have invested the square root of feck all are basically deciding everything at the moment.  We have the chance to get Falkirk back in the hands of real Falkirk fans but we're instead allowing some punter thousands of miles away to run the roost with minimum investment. I can't believe how many folk are happy with this pish. Christ this boy won't even allow some fans to rename a bloody stand without treating them with contempt and the way they've treated the patrons is an absolute disgrace and not the way I'd expect the people running Falkirk FC to act.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

So what are we saying here?  Anyone should be able to pop along at any time and take control if they have money behind them?  

The Rawlins project hasn't even got out the blocks yet and you expect him to hand over decision making to a fans group - that's just not realistic.  He got in there first, made his investment and now expects some time to do things his way rather than being forced into having to make decisions by committee.  

Remember for the last few years we've been desperate for someone competent to take over decision making.  Rawlins has shown nothing yet to show us he can do that but his credentials are better than a group of local businessmen and he has earned the right to be given that chance no? 

We’re not talking about just “anyone popping along” here though. To insinuate that is doing these guys a complete injustice. Unless you know the individuals behind this investment, who are you to state Rawlins’ credentials are better than a “fans group”? I know who I’d trust to take the Club forward and it’s none of the current lot. 

I get where you're coming from to an extent but the fans themselves made a massive effort to push through the Rawlins investment - we've got to give them a chance to now do things their way surely?  What was the point of bringing them in to hand over their influence to a fans group (who the vast majority of us know nothing about) before they've even got started? 

Are the fans group more qualified and better placed than the Rawlins to make these decisions?  Don't forget MR and SA were fans...  I thought we wanted change?  

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They aren't backed by Ritchie and superfan so where are they getting this majority backing from? There's been no EGM etc to ask shareholders or sound folk off.  Rawlins with his 26 percent and Deans's hopeless cabal who have hardly any shares between them and have invested the square root of feck all are basically deciding everything at the moment.  We have the chance to get Falkirk back in the hands of real Falkirk fans but we're instead allowing some punter thousands of miles away to run the roost with minimum investment. I can't believe how many folk are happy with this pish. Christ this boy won't even allow some fans to rename a bloody stand without treating them with contempt and the way they've treated the patrons is an absolute disgrace and not the way I'd expect the people running Falkirk FC to act.

Starting to wonder how much of the real deal Rawlins is. His ex wife was heavily involved in his previous dealings but he seemed to get all the credit and from what i hear it’s his new wife  that’s taking control at Falkirk and throwing tantrums. 

Guess we’ll see but they are not in this for the love of Falkirk and definitely shouldn’t have control of the club with that amount of shares. 

Just now, MSG GTF! said:

We’re not talking about just “anyone popping along” here though. To insinuate that is doing these guys a complete injustice. Unless you know the individuals behind this investment, who are you to state Rawlins’ credentials are better than a “fans group”? I know who I’d trust to take the Club forward and it’s none of the current lot. 

Well let's hear about them then?  How many have been in positions of influence during successful periods for clubs like Stoke and Orlando (or similar)?  

Sorry - you can't expect to win support just by being fans with money.  Maybe there's more to the fans group than that (I'm sure there is) but nobody other than a select few knows anything about them.    

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Starting to wonder how much of the real deal Rawlins is. His ex wife was heavily involved in his previous dealings but he seemed to get all the credit and from what i hear it’s his new wife  that’s taking control at Falkirk and throwing tantrums. 

Guess we’ll see but they are not in this for the love of Falkirk and definitely shouldn’t have control of the club with that amount of shares. 

Again... didn't we want someone to come in and 'throw tantrums' - upset the apple cart and do things differently?  A few months ago 99% of folk on here wanted exactly that (and that's what pushed through the Rawlins deal - fan support for getting them in and letting them loose).

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I get where you're coming from to an extent but the fans themselves made a massive effort to push through the Rawlins investment - we've got to give them a chance to now do things their way surely?  What was the point of bringing them in to hand over their influence to a fans group (who the vast majority of us know nothing about) before they've even got started? 

Are the fans group more qualified and better placed than the Rawlins to make these decisions?  Don't forget MR and SA were fans...  I thought we wanted change?  

My understanding is that the Rawlins had until the 31st of May to increase their stake to 45% and as far as I’m led to believe this hasn’t been taken up. Why? Perhaps he hasn’t had to because with their 26% they have the control they need/want without firing in another stack of cash. By keeping the fan investment at bay he then doesn’t need to fire in the necessary cash to keep him at 26% because if they had invested in excess of £500k this would have diluted this percentage so he would have had to.

As far as I'm aware at  least 3 of the former msg think this new investment is a great deal for the future of the club so they are backing Rawlins that's for sure. We've let some boy basically take over the club by only investing 300k and having 26 percent of shares. That worries me greatly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Again... didn't we want someone to come in and 'throw tantrums' - upset the apple cart and do things differently?  A few months ago 99% of folk on here wanted exactly that (and that's what pushed through the Rawlins deal - fan support for getting them in and letting them loose).

Not if it’s knocking back over half a million pounds investment and pissing off fans trying to do something good for the club. 

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not if it’s knocking back over half a million pounds investment and pissing off fans trying to do something good for the club. 

The 500k would have been something good - the red lines maybe not.  

It sounds like I have 100% faith in the Rawlins.  I don't but I just think we spent so long trying to get control from MR and SA to someone with a bit more know how.  We seem to have that and most of you seem to want to take that influence away and hand it to a group of fans (who haven't even made their identity or proposals public) before the Rawlins have even made it over here.  On top of that it sounds like MR and SA seem to be in favour of letting the fans group in (which would have been the ultimate red flag a few weeks ago). 

Its a typical Falkirk made mess.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

It sounds like I have 100% faith in the Rawlins.  I don't but I just think we spent so long trying to get control from MR and SA to someone with a bit more know how.  We seem to have that and most of you seem to want to take that influence away and hand it to a group of fans (who haven't even made their identity or proposals public) before the Rawlins have even made it over here.  On top of that it sounds like MR and SA seem to be in favour of letting the fans group in (which would have been the ultimate red flag a few weeks ago). 

I do actually get what you are saying in terms of letting the Rawlins do their thing and try get us going in the right direction.

However, I don't see how replacing 2 current board members who have invested very little, or indeed nothing, with 2 guys who would have stops the Rawlins from doing anything?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They aren't backed by Ritchie and superfan so where are they getting this majority backing from? There's been no EGM etc to ask shareholders or sound folk off.  Rawlins with his 26 percent and Deans's hopeless cabal who have hardly any shares between them and have invested the square root of feck all are basically deciding everything at the moment.  We have the chance to get Falkirk back in the hands of real Falkirk fans but we're instead allowing some punter thousands of miles away run the roost with minimum investment. I can't believe how many folk are happy with this pish.

I dont think its the fact anyone is happy with it but its more he has a proven track record.  I can understand wanting fan involvement/Owners but as has previously been brought up what happens when/if they make a wrong decision does that make it any more acceptable.  Also if there ends up being splits in that ownership model.   

On Sheerin - everyone has to start somewhere. Time will tell if he's the new Alex Ferguson, or the new Eddie May. But until he gets a chance to put the team together the way he likes and make his own impact, he'll have my support. No point pulling the guy down before he's had a chance to make his mark. 

Oh, and if it all goes pear shaped because the signings are dreadful, I won't be calling for Sheering to go. Holt will be my target in that case. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I totally get what you’re saying and I was all for the Rawlins but been totally underwhelmed with them so far. The appointment of Holt and now Sheerin was not what I expected and they presided over the mess of an end to the season we had. Publicly lauding the team whilst the downfall was clear for everyone to see. 

I know it’s early doors but the sounds coming from the boardroom are not good and they’re now a part of that. 

Besides all of that we had someone willing to invest £600k. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and the patrons were in at 26% and knocked back a similar offer. Would you not be livid at them?