Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

Dick was really a centrehalf but moved to left back as he want big or physical enough. He's not the quickest and his distribution is shocking but he's a one hundred percenter which is perhaps what we need as much as anything right now and should be fine for league one. Mind you I'm fed up saying that only for them to turn out definitely not fine for league one. Hetherington I do like the look of and would be a decent signing . Least these guys know what league one is all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dick has been decent from what I've seen of him since Alloa were promoted last. Not a big name jobber like Durnan anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, virginton said:

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

You need to get back on your meds. Shithole of a town, stadium, people and anyone who has "the port" in their area doesn't deserve to slag off anyone else. A deluded wee 🎣man, who's team are on a downward spiral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, banditjag said:

You need to get back on your meds. Shithole of a town, stadium, people and anyone who has "the port" in their area doesn't deserve to slag off anyone else. A deluded wee 🎣man, who's team are on a downward spiral.

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 
 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 
 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

Don't worry he'll post the same image of a Z list celebrity cook for the 3000th to get us all telt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Into The Valley said:

Away and don't talk shite. Totally unbelievable stuff.
Any credibility you ever had has now gone.

There's absolutely no way you're only in your mid 50's!!!

As for the possibility of Grant, Dick and/or Hetherington joining you, I'd say they're all upgrades on what you've recently had.

Speaking only about the players, both have been stalwarts of a side who have consistently been better than the sum of their parts over the past few years.

Dick has been one of the best left-back's in the Championship for a while now. He's still only 25 and has made around 100 appearances for us. Very rarely has he let us down.
I know he's a youth product of yours, but I think those who might not want him back are deluding themselves if they think he's not good enough now if he wasn't the first time. Not suggesting that has been said, only to counter such.

Hetherington is also better than anyone you currently have in the middle of the park.
He works very hard (which, admittedly should be a given for ALL players but sadly isn't), gets stuck in, has far better ability than some may think and scores the odd screamer.
Is also liable to an odd booking. Or ten!

I notice that some of the Falkirk fans would be pretty underwhelmed at either/both signing.
That being the case, I think they'd be wrong.

Personally, I would be sad to see both leave us, and I'd be pretty certain that, if you do end up signing them, they would be two of your successes for next season.
And for that reason, I hope they don't.

I know pal, feel more like mid 60's but that's what years of following Falkirk does to you.

I think we could anounce the signings of Harry Kane and Declan Rice and we would all expect them to turn out shite for us. There have been so little plus points in the past 4 seasons with players coming in that we are all pretty much past the point of believing the powers that be at the club are capable of a decent signing.

What would be refreshing though would be signing players that the fans of the clubs they are coming from aren't telling us how shite they are before they have even kicked a ball. Mind you they have always been spot on.

If rumours are to be believed Peter Grant might be coming as well. This would also split the support as a lot don't want him either. Doesn't matter who they appoint they won't please us all. 

Fully expect Alloa to be in the hunt next season with whoever fails in the play offs and Queens Park should be decent. God knows where we will end up.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dick was really a centrehalf but moved to left back as he want big or physical enough. He's not the quickest and his distribution is shocking but he's a one hundred percenter which is perhaps what we need as much as anything right now and should be fine for league one. Mind you I'm fed up saying that only for them to turn out definitely not fine for league one. Hetherington I do like the look of and would be a decent signing . Least these guys know what league one is all about.

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Fully expect Alloa to be in the hunt next season with whoever fails in the play offs and Queens Park should be decent. God knows where we will end up.

I'm sure a local derby against Bo'ness United or Linlithgow Rose might be where we're headed (and it shows how far we've fallen when the Herald lists our win against Rose in the cup as a highlight of recent years)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed. 

Dick was always a left back and digged with Kyle Turnbull’s family when he was with our youth set up.

Mrs Turnbull rated him as a fine youngster.

I never rated him much but he’s obviously worked hard and never given up. Just the sort of characteristics we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Dick was always a left back and digged with Kyle Turnbull’s family when he was with our youth set up.

Mrs Turnbull rated him as a fine youngster.

I never rated him much but he’s obviously worked hard and never given up. Just the sort of characteristics we need.

When I watched him when he first joined academy he played predominantly centrehalf .  He later moved to left back as he moved through the ranks. My concerns would be his attacking side. Not sure his crossing is good enough for a side where he's expected to attack more than defend at this level.  Our recent fullbacks have all had that problem. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be happy with the signing of Liam Dick, he’s played over 100 championship games and at a good age at 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m glad we never made the play offs, it might just be the shock the club needs tk actually get the finger out!

We said that after relegation  to L1. How low do we go before we stop being glad of this type of thing?

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Would be happy with the signing of Liam Dick, he’s played over 100 championship games and at a good age at 25.

Looks a lot more mobile than Kelly as well which obviously isn't hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We did get one point.

Sorry you’re right, I misread the original post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed. 

He suffered from the fact that Leahy found a settled position at LB too after Kingsley left. Dick and Leahy were contesting the position until Leahy got the nod. I remember thinking that I would have been happy to keep him on though and would be happy for him to come back too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 
 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

Yep, spot on. @virginton is a particularly sad individual who has f**k all of worth to say on anything football. His mantra is a pretty simple one of trolling on other teams sites, with the single aim of winding people up. A sad existence of a man who no doubt lives in a one bed flat overlooking a primary school in the Port, can't leave his flat due to fear of the world outside clocking him for the arse that he is. I feel sorry for him, thats a pretty sad existence, not a fulfilling lifeb at all.

Then again, he might actually be George Clooney, never been to the Port, with gallons of personality and a string of loveliest on his arm???? But......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nae chuckle brothers on that release list is fucking terrifying. I’m going to be absolutely fucking seething if we even consider keeping they 2 on. Should’ve been first on the fucking list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if Durnan managed to wangle himself another contract after that effort during the Partick game a will be one seething mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...