Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ll be delighted to be wrong in this instance. Doesn’t augur well that potentially Grant is put in place after overseeing his last team relegated. That’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten in this. 

8 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

I’ll be delighted to be wrong in this instance. Doesn’t augur well that potentially Grant is put in place after overseeing his last team relegated. That’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten in this. 

I don't see that as a major issue. Better managers than him have been relegated with alloa.

I really have no idea why everyone keeps bringing up the relegation of Alloa when talking about Grant. Alloa are punching above their weight in the Championship and would be relegation favourites most years. Just because they got relegated, doesn’t mean he’s a poor manager, as I recall even Jack Ross got them relegated.

I’m not by any means advocating Grant, but what sort of manager do some of our fans think they’ll get.

55 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great that we are still box office to so many fans of other clubs. The hatred felt towards us from other clubs fans gives me such a feeling of warmth and wellbeing, I would absolute hate us to be one of those cuddly clubs that others like. Seen on another thread someone saying we are in the top three most hated clubs in Scotland, that is absolutely beautiful to me.

Scottish football doesn't hate Falkirk, it feels utter contempt for your jumped-up, Liverpool-esque sense of entitlement and injustice. 

Failure after failure, gormless statement by gormless statement, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scottish football doesn't hate Falkirk, it feels utter contempt for your jumped-up, Liverpool-esque sense of entitlement and injustice. 

Failure after failure, gormless statement by gormless statement, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Yip and Morton are the utter perfect example of how a Scottish football club should be run. Arsehole of a stadium in the bowels of gods shithole of a town and remind me of how high up you finished in the Championship last season.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yip and Morton are the utter perfect example of how a Scottish football club should be run. Arsehole of a stadium in the bowels of gods shithole of a town and remind me of how high up you finished in the Championship last season.

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

Just now, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

The last time Alloa were relegated Jack Ross was the manager. Luckily for him Sunderland and Hibs didn't let it affect their judgement of him. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

That clip still doesn't get any easier to watch. 

To be pedantic you didn't relegate us

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yip and you could be joining us next season.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Missing you. Looks like you'll fit right in.

Edited by kiddy

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, you’re right. We should meekly accept our position of L1 status without question and accept every board decision that comes our way. I mean, why would some fans be upset about our current position, given that it wasn’t too long ago we were beating Hibs and Rangers on a fairly regular basis? We all must be firmly, completely in the present, forget recent memories of better times and just be pleased of supporting our team/club/powers that be, come what may. 

Oh, the utopia.

I just want a semi competent manager after this shit show we have watched this season. Someone who knows how they want to play and actually sign players to play in that system. Our problem has been signing a bunch of mediocre players with no clue how we want to play then trying to fit them into over complicated formations

It’s not bloody rocket science! 

I still can’t stop laughing at Deans saying Holt was handed “the near impossible task” of getting 2 points from 4 games against Partick, Montrose, Cove. and Airdrie.

Like it was something only Ethan Hunt had a chance of pulling off. 
Another “no blame here, we are the BoD, and we decide who is to blame, and we are unanimous that it wasn’t us, so stop harping on about it”.

Just incredible. Holt really has nothing to do with this....he is irrelevant. The BoD are happy to have him there as a punchbag. It’s the Board that needs to fold. Nothing will change until the Board is changed. Their master plan seems to be that they will use the master plan from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Never mind, sling up endless 50-50 adverts and everything will be fine. Maybe go for a re-brand as the Falkirk 50-50 Club....just drop the “Football” bit, and stick to what you see as important.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Montrose relegating your mob will be funnier tbf

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I still can’t stop laughing at Deans saying Holt was handed “the near impossible task” of getting 2 points from 4 games against Partick, Montrose, Cove. and Airdrie.

Like it was something only Ethan Hunt had a chance of pulling off. 
Another “no blame here, we are the BoD, and we decide who is to blame, and we are unanimous that it wasn’t us, so stop harping on about it”.

Just incredible. Holt really has nothing to do with this....he is irrelevant. The BoD are happy to have him there as a punchbag. It’s the Board that needs to fold. Nothing will change until the Board is changed. Their master plan seems to be that they will use the master plan from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Never mind, sling up endless 50-50 adverts and everything will be fine. Maybe go for a re-brand as the Falkirk 50-50 Club....just drop the “Football” bit, and stick to what you see as important.

Would actually have just been 1 point required from those games to have made the playoffs!

Edited by Van_damage

I’m glad we never made the play offs, it might just be the shock the club needs tk actually get the finger out!

25 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Would actually have just been 1 point required from this games to have made the playoffs!

We did get one point.

Kevin James on the latest Hope Street podcast. Time to hear some more about team spirit!

Nice to look back on many good times eh Viking ton?

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

I heard a guy in his mid 50’s from Grangemouth is going to win the Euromillions tomorrow night and spend a chunk of the money chasing Ritchie and Superfan away to f**k from our club.
Away and don't talk shite. Totally unbelievable stuff.
Any credibility you ever had has now gone.

There's absolutely no way you're only in your mid 50's!!!

As for the possibility of Grant, Dick and/or Hetherington joining you, I'd say they're all upgrades on what you've recently had.

Speaking only about the players, both have been stalwarts of a side who have consistently been better than the sum of their parts over the past few years.

Dick has been one of the best left-back's in the Championship for a while now. He's still only 25 and has made around 100 appearances for us. Very rarely has he let us down.
I know he's a youth product of yours, but I think those who might not want him back are deluding themselves if they think he's not good enough now if he wasn't the first time. Not suggesting that has been said, only to counter such.

Hetherington is also better than anyone you currently have in the middle of the park.
He works very hard (which, admittedly should be a given for ALL players but sadly isn't), gets stuck in, has far better ability than some may think and scores the odd screamer.
Is also liable to an odd booking. Or ten!

I notice that some of the Falkirk fans would be pretty underwhelmed at either/both signing.
That being the case, I think they'd be wrong.

Personally, I would be sad to see both leave us, and I'd be pretty certain that, if you do end up signing them, they would be two of your successes for next season.
And for that reason, I hope they don't.