The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’ve said previously that I don’t have much confidence in Gary Deans but Phil and Carrie Rawlins are experienced businesspeople with a proven track record and I think we need to trust them until proven otherwise.

I would like to see some form of fan involvement (rather than fan ownership) in the running of the club but this should be in a way that engages as many fans as possible.

I would also like to see more communication coming from them though on what their plans are for next season and beyond. 

Personally, and from bitter experience, I'm taking the exact opposite stance. They've come into my club, a club I've supported home and away for 30 years. A club that, through the fault of many, but certainly not us mugs, is, by a million miles, the most underachieving, dysfunctional, worst-run club in the country. So I'll be judging Rawlins on their actions and nothing else. It's up to them to prove that they are worthy of involvement at this club and capable of taking it back to some sort of respectability. Far too often we've had this the wrong way round. Gratitude just because they have shown up should not be on the agenda. It will need to be earned, and will be hard-won after the almighty omnishambles we have become.

There was a post on here about two months ago, from a long-standing contributor who clearly knows what is going on, warning not to invest any great hopes in these latest "saviours". Personally, I've yet to see anything to remotely contradict that opinion. Everything currently being said, particularly in relation to their stance on local investment in shares - which is so, so, so badly needed - sounds incredibly ominous. Where does this madness end?

Totally agree about the communication. They'd be doing themselves a massive favour disregarding all the garbage no doubt being shovelled their way by Deans and his crew, and instead instigating proper, constructive dialogue with the supporters. Something a hell of a lot more substantial than that patronising "Lee and David" birthday caird drivel rushed out a few weeks ago when we were in the midst of our implosion. They're going to have to do a lot better than that.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Someone on the coyb page saying Dick has now signed for Raith, after Holt kept him hanging on til new manager announced. f**k knows if true but seems pretty specific to be made up. 

If anything that’s a good thing as it means the manager is getting the final say before a deal is done. Not overly fussed about missing out on a left back if it meant waiting to appoint the right manager.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

16 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

If anything that’s a good thing as it means the manager is getting the final say before a deal is done. Not overly fussed about missing out on a left back if it meant waiting to appoint the right manager.

Yeah that's not on holt imo, it's on the board taking over a month to employ a manager.

57 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Need to announce something pronto, this itk source patter from every second poster is a fucking riddy. Scroll past half the shite to be honest. Just one big dick swinging contest about who has the most exclusive news. 

Just as well I'm not ITK then cause I'd win that easy!!

37 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Someone on the coyb page saying Dick has now signed for Raith, after Holt kept him hanging on til new manager announced. f**k knows if true but seems pretty specific to be made up. 

Him and Hetherington were rumoured to be signing.  Thought I saw somewhere Barry Ferguson said Hetherington was going to us 

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

If you’ve got boots, when can you make it?

Corrzo running it. Ian Fergus tweeting asking for “only the very best” players to come down for it. Gary Holt megs you as you arrive and smiles (the most important thing). Alston stands in the centre circle all session. Connolly injured on the touchline. Oh and you have to pay the club £10 to participate 

27 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

No announcement yet, why don’t we just lock the fucking place up and throw away the key?

This lot couldn’t run a bath!

Shambolic!

I don’t know the specifics but I’ve had the impression that this appointment had a lot of “I”s to be dotted and “T”s to be crossed before they could finally go public.  

Which is probably why so many “ITK” posts have said announcement today / tomorrow and then ended up looking silly when nothing happened.

From my visit to TFS today I believe it’s almost over the line. Fingers crossed there will be an announcement tomorrow.

Whether they delay is indeed shambolic would depend on the reasons for it. I have no idea what they are. 

I don’t know the specifics but I’ve had the impression that this appointment had a lot of “I”s to be dotted and “T”s to be crossed before they could finally go public.  
Which is probably why so many “ITK” posts have said announcement today / tomorrow and then ended up looking silly when nothing happened.
 From my visit to TFS today I believe it’s almost over the line. Fingers crossed there will be an announcement tomorrow.
 Whether they delay is indeed shambolic would depend on the reasons for it. I have no idea what they are. 

Great to get a real bit of ITK!!!