The Falkirk FC Thread

"Just play the kids! At least they'd try!"
Conveniently forgetting that pretty much every time a youth team goes up against a well-seasoned bunch of experienced professionals they get absolutely bodied.
All time classic this one, then fast forward 5 years and all but one member of that youth team is playing in the juniors.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Read a tweet today from a guy that works at Dundee saying how he was ready to chuck his job at the club 2 years ago as it was breaking his heart going in to work seeing how little people cared about the club. 

That’s where we are now and it will continue so long as the current board are steering the ship. 

Do you ever wonder why Alex Totten left after recently being announced as Club ambassador? 

If anyone thinks we’re on the up then they need their head checked. This club is currently heading for the doldrums. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

Read a tweet today from a guy that works at Dundee saying how he was ready to chuck his job at the club 2 years ago as it was breaking his heart going in to work seeing how little people cared about the club. 

That’s where we are now and it will continue so long as the current board is steering the ship. 

Do you ever want wonder why Alex Totten left after recently being announced as Club ambassador? 

If anyone thinks we’re on the up then they need their head checked. This club is currently heading for the doldrums. 

Totten chucked it becuase of the way the place is being run. The club spun it to suit them but he definitely resigned.

Also hearing Holt is a meddling c**t! Miller and McCracken weren’t up to the job but they had absolutely not chance with Holt there. I was told the players completely downed tools with Holt kicking around! 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Totten chucked it becuase of the way the place is being run. The club spun it to suit them but he definitely resigned

Totten chucked it because he's 75 year old, there's nothing else to it

Edited by superandy_07

Wonder if the BoD are leaking out names to then gauge reaction and then plan to take the path of least resistance, there are folks mentioned that in my opinion should not be near the job, but given where we find ourselves now the pool of genuinely  worthy candidates is a bit lacking in depth, looks like Paul " Sheep" Sheerin, (see whit ah did there?), might be our only option.

Williamson is 100% done now, that’s coming from a mate who works at Pitreavie where he trains on his own, said it’ll be announced as soon as his contract is officially up with Partick. 

Not blown away by him from a defensive aspect but going forward he’ll be the best we’ve had since Duffie if he can stay fit. 

Edited by FalkirkLad

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Totten chucked because he's 75 year old, there's nothing else to it

So he was made Ambassador in October and leaves in April because 6 months on he considers himself now too old to continue in the role? Makes sense. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

So he was made Ambassador in October and leaves in April because 6 months on he considers himself now too old to continue in the role? Makes sense. 

Maybe he wanted to get to more Rangers games next season now they’re back winning?

Guest Ecosse83
33 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d check your source, not what I’ve heard 

My source as you call it couldn’t be any more reliable. I don’t get to know that much about the club but I can guarantee you I’m 100% correct on this one! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Maybe he wanted to get to more Rangers games next season now they’re back winning?

I’m not going to try and deny he has a leaning towards Rangers but that doesn’t take away his love for Falkirk and all that he has done for the club.

Anyway a bit of a snide comment to make. What was your point? He likes Rangers so who cares how the club may have treated him? 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You're a cynical fecker! 

True, but as I say, no matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up. On Spin 101, I know I am correct on that one. It’s an easy play to make, they have used it successfully before, and they are using it again.

I’m more than happy with Williamson. Attacking full backs have been badly missing for us for our 2 seasons down here. When Doyle was on form (he did actually have a few good games for us) we were at our best. If he’s shoddy defensively then so be it, the hardest team we’ll have to play is Queens park ffs

59 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Totten chucked it because he's 75 year old, there's nothing else to it

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Plenty more to it.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

My source would batter your source!

I have to be honest I feel like a fanny even mentioning the word ‘source’.  I often cringe reading posters who think they are in the know 🤦‍♂️

On this occasion though I am spot on, the club is a bloody mess and that’s why Totten ‘retired’!

45 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d check your source, not what I’ve heard 

Did you hear it from Totten? Nah, didn’t think so.