The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn123 said:

I find this page so funny at times. Like we need to accept as Falkirk fans that we just finished fifth. We have lost so much pulling power over the last couple of seasons and have struggled in this league and yet people will sit here and say that premiership managers or championship winning managers are no way good enough for us. Also with every player that is linked is shot right down because most people on here need is to sign perfect players. Finally last season for a large time period we were great and playing really good football. Yeh we bottled it all but to sit and say all of our players are crap and have no quality is just a bit dumb

"we were great and playing really good football " ......I'd like to have some of whatever you are on.

We were only marginally better than rank rotten. Just as we'll the season ended as it did, with a curtailed number of games, or we could have been relegation candidates !

24 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

"we were great and playing really good football " ......I'd like to have some of whatever you are on.

We were only marginally better than rank rotten. Just as we'll the season ended as it did, with a curtailed number of games, or we could have been relegation candidates !

Has Miller or McCracken started p&b accounts as thats the only person i can think of that would come out with that ..lol

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

So there you go ! can we get rid of this Rawlins direct involvement nonsense.

Shares transferred to a management company. Of course he did Rawlins will have investigated the potential of surrounding lands as a future investment opportunity.

That's what the yanks do its in their business DNA its where the real money is not in commission on player signings and football clubs

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Rawlins ? doubt it. If so it will be to update on the current status at a board meeting. He will outline what he wants and let others monitor and report on progress.

We have good conceit of ourselves sometimes.

He is in it for a profit ! that comes from buying the stadiums surrounding land. 

Im not guessing FFS. I'm telling you they have because I know they have. Mother of god.🙈🙈

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So there you go ! can we get rid of this Rawlins direct involvement nonsense.

Shares transferred to a management company. Of course he did Rawlins will have investigated the potential of surrounding lands as a future investment opportunity.

That's what the yanks do its in their business DNA its where the real money is not in commission on player signings and football clubs

Rawlings is not the majority shareholder if there was money to be made from the land surrounding the stadium then SA and MR would have sniffed it out . On the flip side there is a fortune in agents fees for a tiny investment in proportionate terms .The agent of an English championship player / now maybe premiership like Fulton will have targeted earning 500 k from his career since he left Falkirk as a minimum.. Rawlings plans to have a stake in more than one club ( it’s a business) and punt as many players on to a higher level - that’s his game plan -Developing land in the bog road requires a much bigger investment and therefore risk - it’s not Rawlings bag .

Edited by Stainrod

39 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Whilst both are horrendous. Durnan definetly takes the crown for being the worst. 

Durnan has played a few very good performances mind you whilst I can't really think of any games where hall has played really well.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Durnan has played a few very good performances mind you whilst I can't really think of any games where hall has played really well.

First game for us he nearly scored a hat trick where Durnan excels in his f**k ups is needlessly getting himself sent off.

I think the issue is that in trying to cover for Durnan getting caught short he ends up making mistakes in his own game rather than let Durnan f**k himself up. though it does end up Durnan shouting at everyone where the management seem to think it was passion it was more for him f**king up and trying to detract attention.

Edited by AL-FFC

By no means defending him but Hall did have a very good game against Clyde earlier in the season. Pretty sure he kept Goodwillie quiet all game.

That being said, I don’t want to see him being a first choice centre half next season, unless he has improved massively over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mark Durnan never had any very good performances for us. The best he managed for us was a few passable games where he done the basics against dire opposition.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sheerin would be a better choice than Rice, and I'm not entirely sure why anyone thinks differently.

This, people turning their nose up at him because 'he got Arbroath relegated'

He had a 39.52% win ratio at Arbroath, compare that to Dick Cambell who currently has a 41.71% win ratio. Got to remember as well he was a 35 year old player manager learning his trade. He's now had an extra 7 years of coaching behind him so it's completely different from employing a pair of rookies in M&M who've coached for a whole 2 minutes. Seems highly rated at Aberdeen so he must be doing something right and I like to think he'll have had a hand in developing a lot of their youngsters that have worked through into the first team. Scott Mckenna, Scott Wright, Ryan Jack, Peter Pawlett, Declan Mcmanus, Robbie Mutch to name a few over the years he's been there.

Now he won't obviously have developed them all single handedly but he must be a half decent coach, Aberdeen certainly don't have a problem producing decent youngsters. We could do a lot worse, like Rice for me. But he's an ex Falkirk man so he must be 10x better than any other candidate. 

Managers very rarely get it right the first time around, normally they have to learn their trade somewhere as a coach first before taking on the main managers position so for me Sheerin would be an acceptable choice. Especially when the other named options are Mcintyre, Kettlewell and Rice. 

Edited to add the win stats came from wiki and it's too late in the day to cross check them so if they are wrong so be it.

Edited by FFC 1876

4 hours ago, Rocco said:

By no means defending him but Hall did have a very good game against Clyde earlier in the season. Pretty sure he kept Goodwillie quiet all game.

That being said, I don’t want to see him being a first choice centre half next season, unless he has improved massively over the summer.

I don't want to see him period. Not even as a back up. 

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

This, people turning their nose up at him because 'he got Arbroath relegated'

He had a 39.52% win ratio at Arbroath, compare that to Dick Cambell who currently has a 41.71% win ratio. Got to remember as well he was a 35 year old player manager learning his trade. He's now had an extra 7 years of coaching behind him so it's completely different from employing a pair of rookies in M&M who've coached for a whole 2 minutes. Seems highly rated at Aberdeen so he must be doing something right and I like to think he'll have had a hand in developing a lot of their youngsters that have worked through into the first team. Scott Mckenna, Scott Wright, Ryan Jack, Peter Pawlett, Declan Mcmanus, Robbie Mutch to name a few over the years he's been there.

Now he won't obviously have developed them all single handedly but he must be a half decent coach, Aberdeen certainly don't have a problem producing decent youngsters. We could do a lot worse, like Rice for me. But he's an ex Falkirk man so he must be 10x better than any other candidate. 

Managers very rarely get it right the first time around, normally they have to learn their trade somewhere as a coach first before taking on the main managers position so for me Sheerin would be an acceptable choice. Especially when the other named options are Mcintyre, Kettlewell and Rice. 

Edited to add the win stats came from wiki and it's too late in the day to cross check them so if they are wrong so be it.

Campbell's statistics are at championship and seaside level  whilst Sheerins are only seaside league.  Campbell still has a higher win ratio.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Unconnected to the recent posts, Kelly make the big leagues ? Five of our ex players today, would we have done better this season with the likes of Tidser Austin Higgenbottom ...🤔

As bad as we were, Austin or Higginbotham might have been enough to get us over the line. Tidser was a passenger for us though.

16 hours ago, Bairn123 said:

Im not saying we are better than partick nor am i saying we were class this season my point is that to say that all of our players are crap and have no ability or anything just isnt true due to performances and the fact we went on a good winning run until just after the restart meaning that there is something to salvage of this team. Complete rebuilds dont work and im sick of booting out every player and signing a whole new team every trasnfer window

Whit??? A good winning run until just after the restart? I take it you are either getting bunged a cheeky £10 to write this stuff, and pave the way for us going again with last season’s dross,  or you didn’t see a single Falkirk game last season. In what way was getting beat by Airdrie and East Fife part of a “good winning run”???? 
Inside a month, is the memory of what just happened about to fall under the revisionists knife so that it isn’t so bad after all?
Just because the official site doesn’t bother to write up a match report of the last Airdrie game doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

As bad as we were, Austin or Higginbotham might have been enough to get us over the line. Tidser was a passenger for us though.

Higginbottom is a horrible wee rat I wouldn't want anywhere near our side. Austin would've been better than anything we had but that's hardly saying much. Fat Tam was finished at a decent level a few year back though.  I'd expect him to be replaced. Tidser was anonymous for us and Rodgers is 37 and in his swansong. Austin yes the rest naw.  You could add Dougie hill to that list but again he's well past it. 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit??? A good winning run until just after the restart? I take it you are either getting bunged a cheeky £10 to write this stuff, and pave the way for us going again with last season’s dross,  or you didn’t see a single Falkirk game last season. In what way was getting beat by Airdrie and East Fife part of a “good winning run”???? 
Inside a month, is the memory of what just happened about to fall under the revisionists knife so that it isn’t so bad after all?
Just because the official site doesn’t bother to write up a match report of the last Airdrie game doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

We caught Montrose and forfar cold after the restart and that was our 'good 'winning run.  We were pretty crap in both games as we have been in about all but two games I can think of. Away to Dumbarton and home to cove.  Anyone who thinks we have something to build on must be watching from the moon.

The warning signs were absolutely on the wall before the shutdown. Away at East Fife was one of the worst Falkirk performances I have ever seen.

Without the injuries we may well have limped over the line. But what team goes through a whole season without picking up injuries? The fact we had to rely on utter dross like Miller, Leitch and Francis when others were unavailable, and watch them get completely outplayed by Peterhead is entirely M&M's fault.

The first 8 games were acceptable. I don't expect us to win 6-0 every week in this league. But following 14 games were laughably bad. A combination of shite fullbacks, 1 up front, zero pace or creativity in the middle of the park and a terrible brand of football meant we weren't even creating chances in the games we were losing towards the end. It was certainly a massive low point in my time watching Falkirk.

Saying all that, if we can add to guys who are left like Telfer and Morrison and get Kelly, Alston, Connolly & Keena fully fit I'm optimistic for next season.