The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I think Zbairn is going to be slightly disappointed when we start signing players. Why aren’t the Rawlins unearthing the next Ronaldo and Messi to go along with the next Pep Guardiola?

It's not the signing of players.... its who we sign and the quality of who we sign. 

A team of Habers, Lewis's and Durnans aint going to cut it for me.  

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sheerin would be a better choice than Rice, and I'm not entirely sure why anyone thinks differently.

You need to excuse some of our fanbase who seem to think we should be looking at Pep, Klopp and Ancellotti, 

I dont know who would appease any of our support as other than the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round any other name that throws their name into the hat is an unknown quantity and is a gamble. Being realistic anyone we appoint is going to be a gamble the only saving grace is we dont have a squad of Durnans, Sammon etc to try and get a tune out of, which in all honesty would be a miracle anyway.

I think it is easy to lose sight of the fact that we all want the same thing - a successful Falkirk Football Club with a team on the pitch that we can be proud of. The discussions on here the last few days have shown that some are doing their best to try and remain as open and optimistic as possible whilst being realistic about where we are, while some have had their sense of trust and attachment welded down to such a degree over the last decade that they can't help but be a little pessimistic about what is to come next. Both are totally understandable, but ultimately, we're all in the same boat here.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I find this page so funny at times. Like we need to accept as Falkirk fans that we just finished fifth. We have lost so much pulling power over the last couple of seasons and have struggled in this league and yet people will sit here and say that premiership managers or championship winning managers are no way good enough for us. Also with every player that is linked is shot right down because most people on here need is to sign perfect players. Finally last season for a large time period we were great and playing really good football. Yeh we bottled it all but to sit and say all of our players are crap and have no quality is just a bit dumb

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

FWIW, if Holt has actively tried to keep Hall instead of Durnan, I’m finished with next season before it’s even started. Durnan is twice the defender Hall is, and he’s absolutely rotten. 

Cannot agree in the slightest. Both dreadful but Durnan is absolutely worse than Ben Hall.

5 minutes ago, Bairn123 said:

I find this page so funny at times. Like we need to accept as Falkirk fans that we just finished fifth. We have lost so much pulling power over the last couple of seasons and have struggled in this league and yet people will sit here and say that premiership managers or championship winning managers are no way good enough for us. Also with every player that is linked is shot right down because most people on here need is to sign perfect players. Finally last season for a large time period we were great and playing really good football. Yeh we bottled it all but to sit and say all of our players are crap and have no quality is just a bit dumb

You are either a troll on a fishing trip or you never watched us last season.

5 minutes ago, Bairn123 said:

Hahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What a fucking post 

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Cannot agree in the slightest. Both dreadful but Durnan is absolutely worse than Ben Hall.

Opinions I guess. I think he’s so so flakey and prone to an error per game. Durnan, if he kept it simple, could string 2 or 3 in a row without making an arse of himself. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You keep peddling this but it's complete bollocks.  They've  been in numerous zoom meetings with the club and others over the past few weeks. Jesus wept.

With Rawlins ? doubt it. If so it will be to update on the current status at a board meeting. He will outline what he wants and let others monitor and report on progress.

We have good conceit of ourselves sometimes.

He is in it for a profit ! that comes from buying the stadiums surrounding land. 

nah i have went a bit too far but to say we were shite the whole season is dumb like we wouldnt have been so many points clear if we were crap the whole season like i get that we were dreadful at the end of the season with half the squad look like they couldnt be arsed but there were times were we played good like if we never wouldnt have won any games.  I went a abit far with great but your not gonna be playing amazing football in this league, you have to play scrappy football that wins you games

2 minutes ago, Bairn123 said:

nah i have went a bit too far but to say we were shite the whole season is dumb like we wouldnt have been so many points clear if we were crap the whole season like i get that we were dreadful at the end of the season with half the squad look like they couldnt be arsed but there were times were we played good like if we never wouldnt have won any games.  I went a abit far with great but your not gonna be playing amazing football in this league, you have to play scrappy football that wins you games

Partick took about 15 games to bed in in this league, realised it was shite, then bodied everyone in their way about 5-0 (including us). That’s how you win games and win this league, if you have a budget that’s 4x your opponents and are a full time club. 

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

I agree. Hall's more of a 'disaster waiting to happen' type rather than being consistently bad. Let's hope that he's back-up if he stays rather than a fist pick though.

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Partick took about 15 games to bed in in this league, realised it was shite, then bodied everyone in their way about 5-0 (including us). That’s how you win games and win this league, if you have a budget that’s 4x your opponents and are a full time club. 

Im not saying we are better than partick nor am i saying we were class this season my point is that to say that all of our players are crap and have no ability or anything just isnt true due to performances and the fact we went on a good winning run until just after the restart meaning that there is something to salvage of this team. Complete rebuilds dont work and im sick of booting out every player and signing a whole new team every trasnfer window

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Rawlins ? doubt it. If so it will be to update on the current status at a board meeting. He will outline what he wants and let others monitor and report on progress.

He is in it for a profit ! that comes from buying the stadiums surrounding land. 

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Believe me Rawlings has not bought into Falkirk football club to invest in the bog road . Widen your Horizons - Living in the US he will get a much better return and tax break investing his millions (35 at the last count ) in states such as Florida where development land is booming . He has by his own admission transferred his shares in falkirk into a sports management company run by his best mate and football agent for a reason 

32 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Let's hope that he's back-up if he stays rather than a fist pick though.

Let's hope he's out the door imminently, never to be seen again. Time for him to steal a wage elsewhere. Utterly abysmal.