The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

We will need to discuss further. The main point of contention  is with regards to myself so I need to weigh up the potential reaction to that too and how it may affect me. We are together on this though and will take in to account what is said on here as to the next step but if anything is said it will most likely be to the members of our FB group. 

Do whatever you are comfortable with, not because some folk want drama to pass the day on a football forum.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I have genuinely no idea why people would want Rice as a manager.

I don't necessarily want him, it's more a case of that I think he's probably a more ok-ish choice than some of the names being floated about.  The fact I posted recently that I'd take him is because of how low an ebb we are at, rather than anything about his particular abilities as a manager. I agree with other people that I don't think we're going to get anyone in who will please everyone, and I have no faith in those in charge to appoint someone decent anyway.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

So after the club statement last week I'm guessing he must have applied and he's made the shortlist for interview so that's why we've now had to ask Hamilton? I think that's the only sensible way.
I don't think his time at Hamilton has me convinced he's the boss for us, particularly when we have no youth players to bring through.

I very much doubt he will have applied when he just signed a contract extension. 

This is the PR drivel I alluded to in previous posts about the statement that went out. It’s the same as what they said about us when we had no input.

The whole ‘rigorous’ process is a nonsense. Feels like we’re just shooting in the dark and making a total arse out of it. 

It’s not surprising though. 

14 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

We will need to discuss further. The main point of contention  is with regards to myself so I need to weigh up the potential reaction to that too and how it may affect me. We are together on this though and will take in to account what is said on here as to the next step but if anything is said it will most likely be to the members of our FB group. 

Back to basics.

What is CI - criminal investigation???

How do you know he is likely to reject us? Hamilton have turned down the offer, not Rice.

I’ve worded it poorly. I was meaning that if he hadn’t applied, why would you gamble approaching someone that may well reject you. Especially when it will make the media. This is why I believe he must have applied.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don't necessarily want him, it's more a case of that I think he's probably a more ok-ish choice than some of the names being floated about.  The fact I posted recently that I'd take him is because of how low an ebb we at, rather than anything about his particular abilities as a manager. I agree with other people that I don't think we're going to get anyone in who will please everyone, and I have no faith in those in charge to appoint someone decent anyway.

Can we not get someone in whose on an up though instead of guys.that have just been sacked or relegated.

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’ve worded it poorly. I was meaning that if he hadn’t applied, why would you gamble approaching someone that may well reject you. Especially when it will make the media. This is why I believe he must have applied.

We'll have already ascertained that Rice is interested in and wants the job. In so many deals for players and managers under contract elsewhere, the approach to the current club is almost the last stage of the process, when it should really be the first. Clubs complain about tapping-up, but everyone is at it. 

Aye in the end of the day, its not something worth getting yourself in bother about or causing yourself grief, so it really depends how strongly all involved feel over it.

I think you would have the backing of most sensible fans whichever way you chose to go, with most appreciating your efforts even if it doesnt go the way you planned.

21 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Orr's off to Stenny with his old BSC boss. Not seen any of Aitken but I'd rather see us sign someone on the up who's out to prove themselves than a championship haddy who's looking for his last full time gig.

Matthew Aitken is 23 years old and never played in the championship. He has been previously with forfar and Elgin after being released by St Johnstone as a kid. 12 goals in 22 games last season

don't know where the championship haddie comes from. I'd say he was someone who is on the up with something to prove

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Frankly I would prefer Brian Rice over a lot of the other names names being discussed.

Brian Rice and his entire backroom staff signed rolling one year contracts in March so would be expensive.  Why bother with that when there are cheaper options

11 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Brian Rice and his entire backroom staff signed rolling one year contracts in March so would be expensive.  Why bother with that when there are cheaper options

Not if it's correct that he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if relegated as the radio intimated though.

The way I see it is that rice is interested.  Falkirk want him to interview but Hamilton won't give permission. Rice has a clause but won't activate it just for an interview as there's no guarantee of a job.  That's my opinion could be complete bollocks though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not if it's correct that he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if relegated as the radio intimated though.

The way I see it is that rice is interested.  Falkirk want him to interview but Hamilton won't give permission. Rice has a clause but won't activate it just for an interview as there's no guarantee of a job.  That's my opinion could be complete bollocks though.

As long as we’re careful not to get into any legal problems like the Morton fiasco.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/an-open-letter-to-the-accies-support/

I'm still struggling as to why any consideration would be given to leaving a club with one of the best youth academies in Scotland, in a league above and with a parachute payment in the bank to come to a middling league one club with an idea of having a youth academy and 5 signed players.