Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Agreed. Give him what he wants for a season wages wise, if he gets us up then if he gets a better offer he can go. If you don't ask you don't get and it would at least show the board are showing a bit ambition rather than just talking about it. 

I'm no sure he's the man to get us out this league mind you.  He'll know absolutely nowt about league one. We've failed miserably so far bringing in players who have played at a higher level. We need to change our strategy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 135.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6605

  • Back Post Misses

    5011

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4587

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Yep, there’s not a hope in hell. I actually thought Dundee would have had a realistic chance of getting him when there was talk of unrest with McPake. Promotion will scupper that though.

Yeah, perhaps. Depends on his expectations and what our actual hopes for the future are now for our American overlords. I see him going down South tbh. Still think he holds himself in a very high regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Didn’t get the  level of excitement with this guy with a few on here.

Likewise, our season falling off a cliff be more regular if he was manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He'd have decent contacts, be able to bring in players that would have better ability and graft. He seems the type that wouldn't suffer fools gladly. Any manager with a bit of nouse would have at least got our shower of shite putting a shift in. M&M who were out their depth even had us top for a long spell and we were woefully bad. Robinson I think would have had this league won by Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robinson done a great job with Motherwell for a couple of seasons but his recruitment last summer had them absolutely shocking this season. Signing Jordan White in the premiership should be a jail sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

Sorry who said we expected him as our manager? Cause I’ve not read that anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

Aye and even worse some of our fan’s questioning if he’s good enough 🤦‍♂️
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Sorry who said we expected him as our manager? Cause I’ve not read that anywhere. 

The fact hes even mentioned is enough, tbh. 

This "no harm in asking" patter is just weird when its a manager who  will quite clearly have absolutely zero interest in the job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

His name is Random Guy and he is a nosey neighbour.

A lot of people know that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fact hes even mentioned is enough, tbh. 

This "no harm in asking" patter is just weird when its a manager who  will quite clearly have absolutely zero interest in the job. 

Money talks if he was given what he wanted. 
The longer your on shelf, the less attractive you become. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Hope to God the "other criteria" referenced in that update includes proven experience of managing a group of football players, man-management skills. tactical knowledge, a defined way of playing, ability to identify players, to improve players, to read a game, to manage a game, to influence a game, to change a game. If they haven't recognised the glaring requirement for strong, proper, autonomous leadership after the "M and M" horror show, they're just wasting their time. We need a million times more than someone who can put on a coaching session, just grateful for the opportunity and happy to be subservient to whatever Holt wants. Not at all convinced that his presence and interference will prove especially helpful in securing the right person. This decision is make-or-break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Would not be surprised i f it ends up Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart

Liquidate FFC now.

In fact, just liquidate me; it'll save me a lot of pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AGPar said:

Hope to God the "other criteria" referenced in that update includes proven experience of managing a group of football players, man-management skills. tactical knowledge, a defined way of playing, ability to identify players, to improve players, to read a game, to manage a game, to influence a game, to change a game. If they haven't recognised the glaring requirement for strong, proper, autonomous leadership after the "M and M" horror show, they're just wasting their time. We need a million times more than someone who can put on a coaching session, just grateful for the opportunity and happy to be subservient to whatever Holt wants. Not at all convinced that his presence and interference will prove especially helpful in securing the right person. This decision is make-or-break.

Absolutely this. I'm preparing myself to be underwhelmed. 

What really good manager is going to want to sit a layer under Holt? What has Holt done to merit such an appointment and influence at Falkirk?

All for the academy guy and that starting up again. Would have preferred in tier 3 that we just had one manager (not 2) and no DOF. 2 additional wages to the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...