The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That's Yogi continuing to prove those idiot Falkirk fans wrong again.

It's the fact people on here constantly (rightly in my view) say they don't care if a manager is an p***k as long as he gets results, yet in the same breath didn't want Yogi cause they think he's a bit of a p***k. I have no doubt there was some bad feeling when he left us, but it was over a decade ago ffs. You sometimes have to just forgive. We were sitting in League One and Yogi offered to speak to us, and we took on M&M instead. Does anyone, in their heart of hearts, think Yogi would have overseen the powderpuff shite we've seen since? Would he honestly have done a worse job? 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

There’s nothing in that image that isn’t utterly wonderful (apart from the wristwatch obviously).

“So Simon, Fenerbahçe S.K., or the Bairns. It’s make your mind up time.”

“It’s Brockville for me, and I’m surprised you even had to ask.”

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s nothing in that image that isn’t utterly wonderful (apart from the wristwatch obviously).

“So Simon, Fenerbahçe S.K., or the Bairns. It’s make your mind up time.”

“It’s Brockville for me, and I’m surprised you even had to ask.”

Nothing wrong with that watch, looks very much like my old TAG Heuer 2000 bought around that time and still going strong. 

16 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That's Yogi continuing to prove those idiot Falkirk fans wrong again.

What is this hard on that some fans continue to have for Hughes?

He has been gone 12 years and didn’t exactly leave on the best of terms.

Move on.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Move on.

Isn't that the point, though? That it was 12 years ago?

I was a pretty harsh critic of Yogi even back in the day, especially for his last season and the way he left us, but... I have to agree that if he had been appointed instead of M&M I don't think we'd be sitting fifth place in League One.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Looking back and reflecting on the decision to appoint M&M is frightening. They dragged a man off the car lot punting Corsa's and another from Costa to run a full time football side with no previous managerial or any substantial coaching experience. A competent appointment at that point of the season would have won the league with ease. We absolutely have to get the next managerial appointment right.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Away from your new manager search. What's the fans thoughts on Falkirk offering trials to U15s-17s players but making them pay £10 a head per session to cover the astroturf costs. Sounds a bit dodgy to me

Edited by WestHibee
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Move on.

Might have something to do with him being a big part of her most successful era since the late 40s and also being fairly successful as our manager too (which ended on a sour note).

Move on? That’s one those easy things to say. He’s an active manager who has just kept a struggling team in the PL. Not the biggest feat of all time but that’s what he was appointed to do and he’s achieved it with a bit to spare in the end.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

6 minutes ago, WestHibee said:

Away from your new manager search. What's the fans thoughts on Falkirk offering trials to U15s-17s players but making them pay £10 a head per session to cover the astroturf costs. Sounds a bit dodgy to me

Would just be another embarrassment to our club if true. We're getting used to it now.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s very much came to light that both were completely out their depth, like the majority of fans we all wanted it to work. Maybe the first signs was the game away against RR last season, where we simply shat one. Also the expectations of M&Ms being able to identify players/contacts  was simply horrendous.

Cannot, get this appointment wrong. After watching Fridays podcast of the season with messers Silky Sammy Derek and a few others, what a season to remember.

The first signs came about three matches into their permanent contracts when the new manager bounce had well and truly ended and we were no better than we were under McKinnon.

Just now, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Heard rice might be leaving accies to be our new head coach

He's just signed a new contract at Hamilton, and is currently managing at a higher level to us. Can't see it at all.

24 minutes ago, WestHibee said:

Whats dodgy about it, if the club hadn't have stepped into the woodlands pitch it would probably be flats by now, it was council owned as was the woodlands sports part.  £10 for the fullk season isn't bad going and at some point the pitch has to be replaced so a small fee for it being used for the full season isn't too bad.

On the manager appointment as has been said we all wanted M&M to work i wouldn't put Miller in the "legend" status and as for the sacking once we fell off top spot it had to come part of me things the players had downed tools on them whilst at the same time it showed how out their depth they were especially the East Fife and Airdrie games.  No distespect to the 2 of them but they are just too pleasant for being managers.

Yogi he was willing to let things be and would take him back from what i have heard the "your clubs &*cked comment" was taken the wrong way funnily enough from then on it has pretty much been we are f^^ked and he was right.  I think there were payments that Yogi was due that he never received and the approach from Hibs as well where they wouldn't let him go so if he can be p*ssed at the board for that,  then we have every right to be p*ssed at the board for the decisions made since his departure.

End of the day likes too short to hold onto grudges in regards to Yogi bring him home though i don't think its likely given he kept county up.

Miller was a very good young player who left us as soon as he was good enough to get more money elsewhere - which is absolutely fair enough.

McCracken was a solid enough defender for us at the tail end of his career, who more than likely cost us the cup final.

Neither were club legends.

50 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Isn't that the point, though? That it was 12 years ago?

I was a pretty harsh critic of Yogi even back in the day, especially for his last season and the way he left us, but... I have to agree that if he had been appointed instead of M&M I don't think we'd be sitting fifth place in League One.

Yogi would be exactly the type of manager we need at the present time.

Unfortunately, it’s too late now.

He's just signed a new contract at Hamilton, and is currently managing at a higher level to us. Can't see it at all.

Aye, think that’ll be the end of that then [emoji23][emoji23]
Think Peter grant would be one of our best choices out of the lot mentioned so far. Says a lot about the state of our club [emoji29][emoji29]

Aye, think that’ll be the end of that then [emoji23][emoji23]
Think Peter grant would be one of our best choices out of the lot mentioned so far. Says a lot about the state of our club [emoji29][emoji29]