The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't really give a f**k about the etiquette of the announcement, what concerns me is that it wasn't announced at the same time as the others which leads me to believe Holt was trying to get him to stay and negotiations eventually broke down and so it was confirmed he is leaving. If Holt was wanting to keep that impostor then it shows his judgement of a player and we're in big fucking trouble. Still.

10 hours ago, Zbairn said:

The club needs to get some proper PR skills on the Board to end this kind of blunder from happening again and again ! 

Can't believe folk that moan about a DoF role saying its not needing and then want to employ someone for PR .

I couldnt really care if they announced his departure with sign writing in the sky as long as he is gone how he has managed to carve a career out in football i will never know.  His woeful defending and in some cases sending off(s) is part of the reason we are still in this league.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Rodgers

Muirhead (he was tolerable at this point)

LEAHY

Grant

McCracken

Kerr

Alston/Taiwo

VAULKS

Baird (we’d take that level of striker now)

Miller

Sibbs

Subs:

McHugh

Alston/Taiwo

Watson

Hippolyte/O’Hara

A.N. Other

Whoever the sub keeper was

Loved that squad.

I was a big fan of Dods too. Good solid defender whose effort was never in question.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Couldn’t have put it better, another shop window dummy we’ve ensured for two years. PR skills ? Really ? Some need to get a grip of reality on here. We’re languishing in the third tier of Scottish football with the worst set of players that tossed this league, and now blaming the PR skills, couldn’t make it Fck.....up

Singling out the guy in the way they did so that he got hammered didn’t need to happen. 
If you have the strength character that if it happened to you or yours, it would fine and dandy, then great. For others, social media pile-ons can hurt.

That the point being made wrt PR went right over your head, I would suggest you go and read it again. Where did he/she claim that a lack of PR skills was the reason we are where we are? I think you really made that interpretation up all on your own. It was about doing something that led to a guy getting hammered on social media.

I certainly agree in that we probably don’t need PR expertise at the club. I suppose we’ve got by without it until now. However, a bit of common sense would help.

52 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't really give a f**k about the etiquette of the announcement, what concerns me is that it wasn't announced at the same time as the others which leads me to believe Holt was trying to get him to stay and negotiations eventually broke down and so it was confirmed he is leaving. If Holt was wanting to keep that impostor then it shows his judgement of a player and we're in big fucking trouble. Still.

The only saving grace apart from Holt meddling in contract negotiations is they will all be offered vastly reduced terms which you'd hope they all refuse. 🤞

3 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No need to single him out if it wasn’t necessary, that’s the point. Stick on a release list or if it couldn’t wait because of other negotiations taking place then fair enough. If it’s deliberate treatment of one player then it shows the club, yet again, in a bad light and doesn’t do us any favours.

Of course, he needed punted.

The club published a list of players that they no longer wanted, Durnan wasn't on it because they would have been speaking to him about extending his deal, the terms of which would presumably have been much reduced. He'll since have decided that he can get better elsewhere (can see him going back to QoS) so we've released him. How could they then wait to include him on another list? (which won't appear as they'll be speaking to folk individually and terms will either be accepted or rejected at different times).

Folk are saying that Durnan will be getting badly treated on social media because he's been singled out but, FFS, he's been getting it tight on SM for two fuckin seasons now!

The fact also that he wasn't included in the original list is because we're now having to talk to players of that standard. We're in divison 3 folks so don't be expecting any earth shattering signings.

17 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

I 100% stand by this, Airdrie have some good players but Murray has very little to do with current success. Would be a total disaster at Falkirk.

So you are telling me that Airdrie finished second because other teams were shit? We got through against Cove because they were shit? 

I am not denying that there are better footballing teams in league 1. However, good football doesnt always win games, especially at this level. Murray has got Airdrie set up to be hard to beat and organised (Airdrie actually have some decent players in their squad but they are happy to get the ball forward quickly a lot of the time and play into the corners).

I do agree he would be a total disaster at Falkirk. However, not because he is a shit manager as you are implying. He wouldnt be a success at Falkirk because some Falkirk fans expect their team to play free flowing football whilst winning most games. Even when you were winning and top of the league, a lot of your fans moaned because the football was poor. Murray is doing what he thinks is right to get Airdrie out of league 1. It seems to be working albeit we have a couple of tough games against a full time side to come so no guarantee that it will be seen as an ultimate success. 

Every fan wants their team to win games whilst playing "good" football. I am more of a realist and happy to get some relative success by playing to our strengths. Something which Murray has clearly done and recent Falkirk managers have failed to do. 

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

So you are telling me that Airdrie finished second because other teams were shit? We got through against Cove because they were shit?

I mean, we were top of the league for like five months solely because other teams were shit, not because we were any good.

3 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Rodgers

Muirhead (he was tolerable at this point)

LEAHY

Grant

McCracken

Kerr

Alston/Taiwo

VAULKS

Baird (we’d take that level of striker now)

Miller

Sibbs

Subs:

McHugh

Alston/Taiwo

Watson

Hippolyte/O’Hara

A.N. Other

Whoever the sub keeper was

Loved that squad.

Think Mehmet was our sub keeper !!

Just now, Syd Puddefoot said:

Alloa quoted as being interested in Stewart Petrie. Maybe just usual paper talk, but at least they're getting nose in.

Part time which would allow him to keep his job outside of football so it's a completely different story.

If we are indeed in discussions to keep everyone that is leftover in that squad and if they all signed on for next season we'd have a base squad of 12, also assuming Williamson does indeed join and that Sneddon will be in the development squad. All if, buts and maybes but I like trying to build a picture.

Goalkeeper

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Ryan Williamson

Ben Hall

Paul Dixon

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Blair Alston

Gary Miller

Callumn Morrison

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If we are indeed in discussions to keep everyone that is leftover in that squad and if they all signed on for next season we'd have a base squad of 12, also assuming Williamson does indeed join and that Sneddon will be in the development squad. All if, buts and maybes but I like trying to build a picture.

Goalkeeper

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Ryan Williamson

Ben Hall

Paul Dixon

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Blair Alston

Gary Miller

Callumn Morrison

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

That team, this picture.

The Scream 1893 - Edvard Munch Paintings

Edited by Bairn in Exile

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Goalkeeper

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Ryan Williamson

Ben Hall

Paul Dixon

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Blair Alston

Gary Miller

Callumn Morrison

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

I'd like to think that Miller, Alston, Telfer, Connolly, Dowds would be back up but, as I say, it's the reality of where we are right now so they could all end up being first picks.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That team, this picture.

The Scream 1893 - Edvard Munch Paintings

Definitely need a bit of quality over quantity this summer. More likely to find the quality in loan signings as the quality of permanent signings at this level is slim to none. If you look at the players who performed the best in this league over the season it has been the loans. Cammy Ballantyne and Chris Mochrie at Montrose, Kyle Turner at Airdrie, Tiffoney or Spittal at Partick, Hamilton at east fife in the first half of the season. Imperative we get them right.

Edited by FFC 1876