The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, latapythelegend said:

If he had a torn hamstring he would not be jogging at all. 

He was quite clearly injured and shouldn’t have been on the park. Holt threw him under the bus by not defending him after the game.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t think it’s a case of being singled out, players will be released as discussions continue amongst others. Damned if you do, dampens if you don’t, spring to mind...........

Listen I'm happy for him to be gone but it could have waited until the other discussions had taken place as I'm hoping he's not the only one of the leftovers to be going. If he is the only one we are getting rid of then fair enough but I doubt that's the case so to put a tweet out with just him is a bit unfair.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Peter LaFleur
15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think we'll be stuck with Miller & Alston but Hall has to go and Kelly's not showed himself up enough to deserve a new deal. If Kelly could get himself properly fit then I'd keep him but I think it tells a story when I'd rather have Liam Dick back at the club. Sneddon will most likely slot into the new development team I'd imagine.

Yep, agreed on Kelly. He hasn’t done anything to merit a new deal and will likely be a higher earner. Dick would be a better option.

Guest Peter LaFleur
4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Listen I'm happy for him to be gone but it could have waited until the other discussions had taken place as I'm hoping he's not the only one of the leftovers to be going. If he is the only one we are getting rid of then fair enough but I doubt that's the case so to out a tweet out with just him is a bit unfair.

Exactly my thoughts. Could have easily waited until next week (or whenever) with a round up of a, b and c are getting a new deal, x, y and z aren’t.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Don’t get this should have waited to announce his release stuff.

Not at all unusual to make this sort of announcement and the lads agent will be looking to get him another club ASAP anyway.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t get this should have waited to announce his release stuff.

Not at all unusual to make this sort of announcement and the lads agent will be looking to get him another club ASAP anyway.

He's out of contract so the agent could have been out and about since January looking for another gig for him. Doesn't have to wait for us to announce it publicly before doing so.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

With this announcement it would suggest that discussions are ongoing with a large number of players. As posted it’s fair to give the guy a chance of finding a club as early as possible, with no doubt an endless stream of players being released by many clubs.

You'll know, is it just the 7 we have contracted for next season just now? Mutch, Sneddon, Miller, Alston, Morrison, Keena, Dowds?

46 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Connolly would stick up for the players if they turned round and said we can't be arsed playing today, i've yet to witness him actually ask a difficult question to either manager or player, it's always the softly softly approach usually started of by " well ...... not the result we wanted today" or some similar guff

Although Durnan was a long way from our worst performer last season he wasnt good enough. We conceded loads of goal from set pieces and he also got himself sent off against Dumbarton which was where our horrendous run of results started. Aside from 2(?) assists early doors his long ball distribution from the back was woeful as well. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Connolly would stick up for the players if they turned round and said we can't be arsed playing today, i've yet to witness him actually ask a difficult question to either manager or player, it's always the softly softly approach usually started of by " well ...... not the result we wanted today" or some similar guff

I find it hard to criticise someone for trying to always be positive. Especially as a volunteer who's done a lot for the club over the years. If he did start asking questions like that he wouldn't be doing the work he's doing for very long.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I can hear his voice clear as day when just reading that. Has to be the most used phrase this season. 

Thank f**k Durnans away, Hall next please but I don’t see Miller or Alston going anyway.

Noticed Dixon is continuing to nurse back from his knee injury, definitely someone I’d like to be kept if fitness allows it. Good back up left back/centre back with plenty experience.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Thank f**k Durnans away, Hall next please but I don’t see Miller or Alston going anyway.

Noticed Dixon is continuing to nurse back from his knee injury, definitely someone I’d like to be kept if fitness allows it. Good back up left back/centre back with plenty experience.

As long as his injury isn't serious I'd like to see him stay as one of our starting centre backs with a younger centre back in with him. He organises the defence well and gives 100% every game. Can also play out from the back.

Folk reading way too much into the Durnan thing as if its a dig from the club, throwing him to the wolves or whatever. The club do hee haw to appease their fans. Biggest surprise is not keeping Durnan just to spite us.

It's a general, normal statement telling the fans that a player has left the club.  Are they supposed to wait and bung him in with other players leaving in 2 weeks, a months time?

The only reason it looks like it's feeding him to the wolves is the fact that he's fucking shite and has been everywhere he's played. If he was even an average ability player, this wouldn't be getting discussed as such IMO.