The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yip it would appear so. When the going gets tough, Deans hides.

Couldn’t get him off zooms, the radio, national press and our own official Twitter this time last year and during the Rawlins investment. 

22 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don't really disagree with any of them being sacked at the time but I don't think it looks great for any potential manager thinking about applying.

The only one I might query in hindsight is Mckinnon. The board clearly had no one in mind to replace him other than 2 rookies and he just might have ultimately got us over the line last season.

We do also seem to have an awful knack of getting our timings wrong which doesn't help much. Our team that came second in the championship to rangers would've won that league comfortably virtually any other season.  Then as soon as the league is hearts, Hibs and sevco free we immediately go into freefall. Again last season's McKinnon side would've won the league this year quite comfortably in my opinion. 

A number of the timings could have been better, but none of the decisions were wrong. McKinnon should have gone after relegation - he got us up to 8th in the Championship with weeks to go and absolutely shat the bed and we went down. M&M should obviously never have been given the gig in the first place, but that disgusting performance at Starks should have been the end. Bad timings yes, but no wrong decisions in the end.

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Every single one of those sackings was deserved but any potential manager is going to look at that and think they'll just get punted if things aren't going well.

Surely that is the expectation of a manager at any club.

Football is the ultimate results driven business.

43 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

All of it but at the time of each sacking it was 100% the right thing to do. The board would've let each of those managers finish the season if fans were not putting the pressure on.

Maybe the board should have, look where it’s got you.

The one thing all decent managers have is an incredible belief in their own abilities, spilling over into outright arrogance. They won't be troubled by the amount of sackings that have gone before because they'll believe they're better and it won't happen to them. At the very least they'll negotiate a healthy termination clause in the contract. 

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

That's a bit like saying maybe the captain shouldn't have let the Titanic sail to New York.

Hmmm.

List of managers all wrong, the fans know better and get them all sacked.

How has it ended up so far?

Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, big al said:

Hmmm.

List of managers all wrong, the fans know better and get them all sacked.

How has it ended up so far?

Good luck with that.

We'd just have been down here a year earlier if we hadn't sacked Houston who was retiring anyway.  It's not the fans fault it's the bods complete inability to appoint managers that can actually do the job properly that's the issue.

3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

I'd have thought Mark Kerr would've at least been mentioned. Obviously out of his depth at a big team in a big league but might be ideal for the seaside.

if the rumours were/are true he was part of the problem that got Houston the sack by downing tools with Miller so thanks but no thanks

3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

I'd have thought Mark Kerr would've at least been mentioned. Obviously out of his depth at a big team in a big league but might be ideal for the seaside.

Replacing Ian McCall with mark Kerr is the kind of ridiculous thing our bod would do. 

7 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Every passing hour without some form of communication / statement makes me hate the club even more. 

An absolute disgrace.

Unless the delay is being caused due to legal issues surrounding binning everyone in the building. If that’s the case then I will let it slide.

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We do also seem to have an awful knack of getting our timings wrong which doesn't help much. Our team that came second in the championship to rangers would've won that league comfortably virtually any other season.  Then as soon as the league is hearts, Hibs and sevco free we immediately go into freefall. Again last season's McKinnon side would've won the league this year quite comfortably in my opinion. 

The problem is the team has gradually got worse and worse since the play off final at Kilmarnock. We needed a bit more quality and depth to get us up yet we've signed 100 players since then and the vast majority have been hopeless.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

An absolute disgrace.

Unless the delay is being caused due to legal issues surrounding binning everyone in the building. If that’s the case then I will let it slide.

They're trying to hire a low-loader to bring in the trebuchet.