The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the utterly piss poor standard of banter on here.  Christ we're ripe for the picking. 5th/6th in the league hardly won a game of late and all we've had are pictures of folk laughing, jokes from 20 year ago and people saying your team's pish. What's happened to the world? Poor show when the best level of pish take has actually been from Falkirk fans.  Too many lazy lazy posts. I remember the day when people actually put an effort in when it came to that but those days seem to have gone now unfortunately. It's sad really.😢😢

You’re grasping at straws mate. There’s been some good ones, especially on the ‘Let’s Laugh at Falkirk’ thread. Like the Dunfermline fan said earlier, they got some stinking patter from us when they were shit. The Yflabs obviously make full use of their anonymity. 

My advice: put the Arbroath chat to one side and enjoy any decent ribbing that comes our way.

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

So a potential base for the new manager and hoping desperately that somehow Keena and Alston turn back into footballers

Mutch

Williamson New New New

Morrison New Alston New

Keena New

Bench: Sneddon, Miller, Dowds

Surely sneddon will be  stuck in the development team  or punted on loan. Said when he signed he was nowhere near league one level and the fact he couldn't even get near the bench sometimes when we didn't have the full complement says it all.  Team was awful and yet he still couldn't get a sniff.  No idea why he was ever signed.

As much as I would like to see Holt out the door with the majority of the players I just can't see it happening, they have nailed their flag to the mast with him and can't see the BOD going full circle. There has to be a redefining of his role though, he has obviously been involved in the first team training/tactics since he came in and in my mind that's not a job of a a DoF. He should be scouting, setting up this new youth system and idefiting players to pass on to the management team - who should absolutely have the final say on signings. It severely worries me that he is deciding on the new manager, by biggest fear is that he picks a yes man and proceeds to micromanage him from the stands. The BOD need a clearout aswell - how many are actually on it now? must be close to double figures with the Rawlins both on it now, it seems a ridiculous number of people. We need some fan involvement in there too - the BtB bid that was turned down in favour of MC a couple of years ago seems even more ridiculous with every passing season, hopefully there is a way the guys who were involved in that can get round the table with Rawlins and work something out.

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

You’re grasping at straws mate. There’s been some good ones, especially on the ‘Let’s Laugh at Falkirk’ thread. Like the Dunfermline fan said earlier, they got some stinking patter from us when they were shit. The Yflabs obviously make full use of their anonymity. 

My advice: put the Arbroath chat to one side and enjoy any decent ribbing that comes our way.

Again I never brought the Arbroath pish up in the first place. I will enjoy decent ribbing if I see any but I haven't thus far.  Top banter should make us laugh as much as them . So far it's just been shite pics and ancient jokes.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again I never brought the Arbroath pish up in the first place. I will enjoy decent ribbing if I see any but I haven't thus far.  Top banter should make us laugh as much as them . So far it's just been shite pics and ancient jokes.

Come on, the Montrose/Ewan McGregor one on the ‘Let’s Laugh at Falkirk’ thread was good. 

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

That was the season we almost got relegated in 08/09. Still a big drop off.

Correct.

It was the season that Yogi, despite having achieved considerable success (promotion and consolidation in the SPL) with a squad of young, hungry, talented players supplemented by a very good use of the loan system, decided to jettison all that in favour of giving his old, injury-prone mates one last big payday (McNamara, McCann, Bullen, O'Brien). We were abysmal that season and saved only by Higdon backsiding a goal in up at Caley on the last game of the season (with a run to the Cup Final ensuring that the fans who don't really pay attention thought we'd had a great season).

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

So a potential base for the new manager and hoping desperately that somehow Keena and Alston turn back into footballers

Mutch

Williamson New New New

Morrison New Alston New

Keena New

Bench: Sneddon, Miller, Dowds

Formation is wrong right away mate. No way Holt will let a new manager play with 2 up top 🤷‍♂️ 😂

9 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

As much as I would like to see Holt out the door with the majority of the players I just can't see it happening, they have nailed their flag to the mast with him and can't see the BOD going full circle. There has to be a redefining of his role though, he has obviously been involved in the first team training/tactics since he came in and in my mind that's not a job of a a DoF. He should be scouting, setting up this new youth system and idefiting players to pass on to the management team - who should absolutely have the final say on signings. It severely worries me that he is deciding on the new manager, by biggest fear is that he picks a yes man and proceeds to micromanage him from the stands. The BOD need a clearout aswell - how many are actually on it now? must be close to double figures with the Rawlins both on it now, it seems a ridiculous number of people. We need some fan involvement in there too - the BtB bid that was turned down in favour of MC a couple of years ago seems even more ridiculous with every passing season, hopefully there is a way the guys who were involved in that can get round the table with Rawlins and work something out.

There's not that many on the board. Only 8 as far as I could see.

Deans, Bateman, rawlinsx2, colburn, MacFarlane, kozary and Wright. Anyone else?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

There are loads of half-decent managers kicking about that can get a player producing something close to his level of ability.

I have to say I'm honestly struggling to think of any half decent managers that are available (and likely to want to come to Falkirk).

1 minute ago, spud131 said:

I have to say I'm honestly struggling to think of any half decent managers that are available (and likely to want to come to Falkirk).

Whilst we are in a bit of a shambles we're still an attractive prospect for many managers/coaches. Full time team in a part time league. New team needing built, first class facilities etc. We'll just have to wait and see.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The most disappointing thing in all this has been the utterly piss poor standard of banter on here.  Christ we're ripe for the picking. 5th/6th in the league hardly won a game of late and all we've had are pictures of folk laughing, jokes from 20 year ago and people saying your team's pish. What's happened to the world? Poor show when the best level of pish take has actually been from Falkirk fans.  Too many lazy lazy posts. I remember the day when people actually put an effort in when it came to that but those days seem to have gone now unfortunately. It's sad really.😢😢

Give it a rest man fs. Easily the worst poster in this thread.

4 minutes ago, spud131 said:

There are loads of Scottish managers out there that if you took the recruitment side of things out of their hands, might actually turn out to be quite decent. Most managers are okay at the tactical side of things - or at least, they're competent enough at it that they don't actively make their team worse. Their problem is that they also think they're brilliant scouts and negotiators, when most of them aren't. So don't let them do that.

Even if you looked at all the available options and didn't like any of them, just pick one from another club in the league or the league below. It doesn't have to be that big a deal.