The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Just think what your club has done since you sold that dump Brockville.

You could have owned your new ground outright, started a supporters trust that could have taken ownership of their own club this summer and be playing in the top division as well as having added another major trophy all the while having a grass pitch.

Don’t think that’s possible? 

I give you St Mirren FC. We will be fan owned and may well be on target for another major honour this season which would result in European football until December next year. Obviously three other clubs have a similar chance to win the Scottish Cup. 

You sir need to get a life 😂😆

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

See if the BOD gave Dick Campbell a one-year contract with the explicit remit of getting us out this division, I'd take it.

I would hope Dick tells you lot to f**k off if asked. Just like any good Pars man should.

1 minute ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

That sounds truly depressing 

It absolutely does. But he has a very good record in the Scottish lower leagues. He knows them like the back of their hand. It wouldn't surprise me if Lee Miller had never heard of Mitch Megginson until a year ago.

You and Morton are only jealous of our continued success. [emoji23] 
Can't say I have much of an opinion about St Mirren, seem like a well run club. Are you under the impression that we've got some sort of rivalry with St Mirren?

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It absolutely does. But he has a very good record in the Scottish lower leagues. He knows them like the back of their hand. It wouldn't surprise me if Lee Miller had never heard of Mitch Megginson until a year ago.

To be fair, he did get us out of this league at the first time of asking, but it was brutal and largely undeserved

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
typo

Just now, ilostmyself said:
2 minutes ago, Yflab said:
You and Morton are only jealous of our continued success. emoji23.png 

Can't say I have much of an opinion about St Mirren, seem like a well run club. Are you under the impression that we've got some sort of rivalry with St Mirren?

It has been difficult given we rarely play you these days. 🤡 

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s great to see all the fans of other clubs lining up to put the boot in, we certainly deserve it just now. Can I ask do Falkirk fans spend a lot of time on other teams threads. 

Nope

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Can’t believe I like many have bought a season ticket to watch us this season. The teams terrible the coverage is terrible. We’ve a BOD of corporate people who have no clue on how to run a football club. The one thing that has tipped me over is that absolutely pathetic message from our chairman regarding Alex Totten. He had been an outstanding character for Falkirk for so many years he deserved much better. Makes me wonder if he wanted out rather than retire. Unless massive changes are made over the summer I won’t be back and I’m sure my sentiments are shared by many. Btw I’ve been going to almost every home game since 1963.

Something not right with Totten leaving just after being made ambassador. Doubt Alex would say anything but seems to be a few rumours surfacing that it wasn’t quite as harmonious as people would believe. 

Seem to be messing about with the lads from the Crunchie Initiative too. Their statement about that was very underplayed for what it represents, particularly when that’s the only time the club appear to have supported the campaign.  They should be shouting about that from the heavens, not a meek statement like that then burying it in other news. Something not right there either.

New board just seems as inept as any previous. Who hires these guys anyway? M and S? Just seems one bad decision after another. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Someone, or a group of people, need to try and coordinate a response from the fans. A concerted campaign to force change by withholding season ticket and other funds until there is a (real) clear out.

Too many ball bags will renew on the first day because they’ll want to be first in when the restrictions are eased.

I’ll probably find something else to do on Saturday’s. They’re welcome to this team.

1 minute ago, kemlinbairn said:

Nope

I don’t have an issue with it as god knows we deserve a doing just now but I had to ask as I have never spent time on other teams threads. I genuinely wouldn’t concern myself with other clubs regularly unless we were playing them.

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Something not right with Totten leaving just after being made ambassador. Doubt Alex would say anything but seems to be a few rumours surfacing that it wasn’t quite as acrimonious as people would believe

Seem to be messing about with the lads from the Crunchie Initiative too. Their statement about that was very underplayed for what it represents, particularly when that’s the only time the club appear to have supported the campaign.  They should be shouting about that from the heavens, not a meek statement like that then burying it in other news. Something not right there either.

New board just seems as inept as any previous. Who hires these guys anyway? M and S? Just seems one bad decision after another. 

Do you mean "it wasn't as harmonious?"

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Do you mean "it wasn't as harmonious?"

I do yes! Will need to re edit. 

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Someone, or a group of people, need to try and coordinate a response from the fans. A concerted campaign to force change by withholding season ticket and other funds until there is a (real) clear out.

Too many ball bags will renew on the first day because they’ll want to be first in when the restrictions are eased.

I’ll probably find something else to do on Saturday’s. They’re welcome to this team.

Totally agree with this.

I asked the question on Thursday and didn’t get an answer so I’ll try again. Where do we actually go from here?

Is it enough for individuals to not buy season tickets or is there something we can do as a collective? How do we take back control of our club?