The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

As much as I dont think Durnan is very good he's a long way from our biggest problem imo 

An experienced player showing no commitment in a massive game for his club is a massive problem IMO.

People not thinking it is not a big problem maybe partially explains the position we are in ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

As much as I dont think Durnan is very good he's a long way from our biggest problem imo 

Oh I complete agree and although he’s shire I’ve never been particularly bothered by him. However the lack of effort shown on Thursday night is just too much for me and the final straw. There’s no way back after that.

It’s worse than that Dennon Lewis effort against Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Me and my mates used to drink in the Leapark when we were young and Kevin Drinkell used to stay there when he first signed for us. We used to speak to him and he was a sound bloke (he used to smoke like a lum)

As you said Harry, Crunchie was in their back and forth and Mojo too.

Compare just those 3 to the crap we have now ? Oh dear.

Tony Parks used to drink in there too as he stayed in Bo'ness Road. We had real players in they days pal.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Tony Parks used to drink in there too as he stayed in Bo'ness Road. We had real players in they days pal.

Exactly mate. All guys that had played at a much higher level but clearly loved playing for us and gave 110% every game. 

I’m done with the shite that play for us now. The lack of effort sickens me.

An experienced player showing no commitment in a massive game for his club is a massive problem IMO.

People not thinking it is not a big problem maybe partially explains the position we are in ??

Tbh I think (would hope) that Durnan wasn’t fit which is why he didn’t match his runner.

In which case it’s Holt’s fault for putting an injured player on the park...

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I think (would hope) that Durnan wasn’t fit which is why he didn’t match his runner.

In which case it’s Holt’s fault for putting an injured player on the park...

Last throw of the dice probably.   Getting humped fling him on as it couldn't make things much worse and might help. A bit like giving Holt the job after dumb and dumber were emptied.  I just can't believe that I'm expecting Falkirk to get humped by Montrose the day.  Montrose are a bad side it's just I should be at least hopeful of a result but I really can't see us getting anything from another game this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Last throw of the dice probably.   Getting humped fling him on as it couldn't make things much worse and might help. A bit like giving Holt the job after dumb and dumber were emptied.  I just can't believe that I'm expecting Falkirk to get humped by Montrose the day.  Montrose are a bad side it's just I should be at least hopeful of a result but I really can't see us getting anything from another game this season.

30742C05-58B8-4A09-B0F9-7D20D4F44089.jpeg.8cb061d26aef244e73aac496d687a833.jpeg

Exactly mate. All guys that had played at a much higher level but clearly loved playing for us and gave 110% every game. 

I’m done with the shite that play for us now. The lack of effort sickens me.

I'm exactly the same pal. When we used to sit in the Leapark and talk to Crunchie he was as passionate about the club as us and was happy to chat away. This mob now wouldn't know passion if it bit them on the arse, they are not fit to wear the navy blue.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I vaguely mind people wanting Durnan to start to deal with Graham’s physicality.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

100%

I mind when I was in primary school in the 90s folk used to slag me because I support a diddy team like Falkirk, that was when we had the jeffries era playing in the Premier league and also got to the Scottish Cup final etc. I can only imagine what my laddie goes through at school with this absolute rabble of a football club right now. 

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I vaguely mind people wanting Durnan to start to deal with Graham’s physicality.

Your right in that i commented on Durnan and may as well gift them a goal funnily enough he did

13 hours ago, Would you believe it said:

Was that not Calamity Campbell's first real screw up? 

You may well be right. If so, then apologies  to KK. I suppose it still counts in terms of HK’s list.

13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

100%

I mind when I was in primary school in the 90s folk used to slag me because I support a diddy team like Falkirk, that was when we had the jeffries era playing in the Premier league and also got to the Scottish Cup final etc. I can only imagine what my laddie goes through at school with this absolute rabble of a football club right now. 

Great shout - we're gonna lose generation of new supporters just now. No kids want strips of diddy teams, no kids want team calendars of arseholes for Christmas, no Falkirk cuddly toys - hope they realise that an institution is being killed off

Just now, razamanaz said:

Great shout - we're gonna lose generation of new supporters just now. No kids want strips of diddy teams, no kids want team calendars of arseholes for Christmas, no Falkirk cuddly toys - hope they realise that an institution is being killed off

The Falkirk cuddly toys are playing on a Saturday.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

To be fair he didn’t say it wasn’t a big problem, he said not our biggest problem. 

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I just watched Holts interview after Patrick game again. First time I watched it I didn’t pick up on how fuming he looked! I hope he went and have the players full barrel and we at least get some effort today. 

Gotta be in it to win it 😂 (still tipsy from last night) 

We need to change our approach . Bring in a hypnotist a mind bender a motivational speaker - any fucker who can get into the mind set of these “ professionals” and get it through to them we have three cup finals against fking pub teams . Please please please don’t let Gary holt and his were all turning up for work chat or Gary deans with his the future looks rosy chat anywhere near the dressing room and somebody scary should grab Alston and his pals by the collar and get it through to them unless they try their guts out  and perform today it ain’t gonna be a pleasant evening - just a suggestion