The Falkirk FC Thread

Too much free time...but just had a quick thought about a number of the disasters we have had to endure as fans over the past few years. There are undoubtedly numerous not mentioned so please continue to add. 
35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.thumb.jpeg.a14a5a8529b463d9bb3da028cb30497d.jpeg
I think its unfair to put Rory Loy in.

He might have sparked some dressing room unrest that kicked off Housties demise, but he had issues we didnt know about that are more important than football by all accounts, and was on paper an excellent signing. He was very good with St Mirren during their resurgence from relegation bound to form team then Champions and they wpuld have loved to have him back.

I get why you put him in, I just think its a bit harsh

2 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Too much free time...but just had a quick thought about a number of the disasters we have had to endure as fans over the past few years. There are undoubtedly numerous not mentioned so please continue to add. 

35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.jpeg

f**k me that is just horrible.

6 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

35A589AC-E404-433D-836F-17291584552B.jpeg

The club badge debacle and the threatening legal action against a group of fans 

Edited by AL-FFC

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He might have sparked some dressing room unrest that kicked off Housties demise, but he had issues we didnt know about that are more important than football by all accounts, and was on paper an excellent signing. He was very good with St Mirren during their resurgence from relegation bound to form team then Champions and they wpuld have loved to have him back.

Whether its harsh or not he ultimately makes the list of disasters over the past few years. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So the guy produces a list of absolute f**k ups from our board and your response is to argue that one of them is harsh 🙈.

Can you maybe try and see the bigger picture here? Our club is sinking like a stone while we sit back and buy our 50-50’s 🤯

1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

Whether its harsh or not he ultimately makes the list of disasters over the past few years. 

Im almost agreeing with you, but  more inclined to focus on the utterly malicious interventions of those in charge. You shpuld probably put in Superfans rantings about how we should just trust them, then how if we want them out we are going to waiting a long time, as it became more and more clear the contempt the fans are held in upstairs at the tea and cake table

You actually do have to sit back and think for a couple of minutes before you realise just how fucking stupid appointing Dumb and Dumber was. It's very easy to get caught up in everything and glaze over, but honestly - on what basis were those two appointed?! Bar a minor resurgence against a couple of shite teams (that is me being incredibly generous), their style of football even before Covid was humming. Their record in the transfer market, even last January (again, pre-Covid), was awful too.

Giving them this season was criminal. I'm also still genuinely fucking seething that it took so long to empty them, as well. Given the state Partick were in for half a season, a competent boss with half a brain would have had us winning the league weeks ago. But instead, we are doomed to another year in this league. This is because the board either didn't give a f**k or were worried about upsetting the Facebook maws and merchant happy-clappers (probably a combo of both) - but the outcome was we kept them on for far too long. Now, we've handed total control over the footballing operations of the club to Gary "I'm not quite sure what the formation was today, as long as they go out and play with a smile on their face, that's what it's all about" Holt. What a fucking shambles min.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

So the guy produces a list of absolute f**k ups from our board and your response is to argue that one of them is harsh 🙈.

Can you maybe try and see the bigger picture here? Our club is sinking like a stone while we sit back and buy our 50-50’s 🤯

??? Quite capable of seeing the bigger picture m8. Im not arguing with him. Just discussing the list? Ease up

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

You actually do have to sit back and think for a couple of minutes before you realise just how fucking stupid appointing Dumb and Dumber was. It's very easy to get caught up in everything and glaze over, but honestly - on what basis were those two appointed?! Bar a minor resurgence against a couple of shite teams (that is me being incredibly generous), their style of football even before Covid was humming. Their record in the transfer market, even last January (again, pre-Covid), was awful too.

Giving them this season was criminal. I'm also still genuinely fucking seething that it took so long to empty them, as well. Given the state Partick were in for half a season, a competent boss with half a brain would have had us winning the league weeks ago. But instead, we are doomed to another year in this league because the board either didn't give a f**k or were worried about upsetting the Facebook maws and merchant happy-clappers (probably a combo of both), we kept them on for far too long. Now, we've handed total control over the footballing operations of the club to Gary "I'm not quite sure what the formation was today, as long as they go out and play with a smile on their face, that's what it's all about" Holt. What a fucking shambles min.

They were given the job almost immediately too, about 2 days after the village idiot was on about a thorough recruitment process. 

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How does that work with voting at the AGM. Sorry I don't understand all of this kind of stuff. If the fans and Rawlins voted together could they out vote the MSG.

and thats a bad thing how ? 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

and thats a bad thing how ? 

No I think it's a good thing. I was trying to find out if the fans with 37% of shares and Rawlins with 26% would have the power between them to outvote the MSG if they voted together.

Do shares equate to single votes.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

No I think it's a good thing. I was trying to find out if the fans with 37% of shares and Rawlins with 26% would have the power between them to outvote the MSG if they voted together.

I would imagine so but if i was SA or MR i would be worried about getting a boot in the balls from Rawlins after us doing a Mortonesque collapse in the league.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I would imagine so but if i was SA or MR i would be worried about getting a boot in the balls from Rawlins after us doing a Mortonesque collapse in the league.

I hope the Rawlin's are open to working with the fans who own the shares towards getting SA and MR to give up control.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

If I can make another post in all seriousness the playoff result against us probably should be on that list. Falkirk were doing really well in the Championship two years in a row with tough competition. 

That tie was 5 years ago now and every year since you have got worse it seems.  There’s no denying from me that if you had got through that tie it could well be my own club sitting in League One for a few seasons just now.