The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, MS RR said:

What's everyone all hysterical for? We're in the play-offs! 

KeEp tHe FaIth! 

COYB

Couple of the merchant happy-clappers who got on at the likes of you and I for having the temerity to question M&M seem strangely absent tonight.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Lads are youse going to be ok next season financially?

Serious question, but spending another season by the sea must be setting the alarm bells. 

Yes fine. Money in the bank and new us investors. That makes it all the more galling. If we were skint and the manager wasn't being given a competitive budget then that would be a different story.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

Lads are youse going to be ok next season financially?

Serious question, but spending another season by the sea must be setting the alarm bells. 

Oh we have plenty of “people in jobs that they shouldn’t be” alarm bells ringing pretty loudly tonight, and doubtless the financial ones are in there somewhere.

Holt was brought in to set up the youth development side of things and first team recruitment. He should be judged on that and that alone.  The current side was crap well before he appeared and this is about a 3rd side that we have our at the moment. Considering how poor our first 11 is it's no surprise we are getting humped. Holt should be nowhere near the managers post though or I won't be back either.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Major Shareholders Group headed up by two old b*****ds who are content on seeing our club run into the ground.

Neither of them are on the board. They may own the most shares but the shocking decisions have been made by the board. Maybe S and M should be blamed for allowing GD to take the helm. He’s the one running it as far as I’m aware. 

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I was so disinterested that I decided not to buy the stream. I logged on to the BBC at 7.30 to see what time it started at just in time to see Rudden quoted as the first scorer. Had no idea that it started at 7!

Somebody up there likes you, and spared you the horror show. That tonight is burned into my retinas.

4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

They say support your team through thick and thin but I’m considering cutting ties with this and giving it up as a bad joke. Fed up feeling angry/frustrated/gutted most weeks. Just not worth it I feel. 

Feeling the same, going to make the most of my younger years and get back to amateurs on a Saturday. At least then any disappointment i have is with myself.

Start again. Recruiting a capable management team probably involves looking wider than Scotland for a management team. Including the DoF role. 

Not heard any suggestions about new managers that seem right to me. 

Rawlins are going to need to pony up a lot of cash to replace a whole squad, and management team as well as board level bein strengthened, super fan and shed man bought out. That’s literally what we are looking at to turn this around. 

Just now, BountyBairn said:

Start again. Recruiting a capable management team probably involves looking wider than Scotland for a management team. Including the DoF role. 

Not heard any suggestions about new managers that seem right to me. 

Rawlins are going to need to pony up a lot of cash to replace a whole squad, and management team as well as board level bein strengthened, super fan and shed man bought out. That’s literally what we are looking at to turn this around. 

Majority are out of contract but it's going to be another complete overhaul. Getting ridiculous.

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Holt was brought in to set up the youth development side of things and first team recruitment. He should be judged on that and that alone.  The current side was crap well before he appeared and this is about a 3rd side that we have our at the moment. Considering how poor our first 11 is it's no surprise we are getting humped. Holt should be nowhere near the managers post though or I won't be back either.

Holt absolutely can be judged on a player from his former club joining our rivals on loan helping to transform their season. Wasn’t a fan of his as a manager and starting to just have a general dislike to him with the way his tenure has gone so far as DoF.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He should be nowhere near recruitment either. We need a proper, experienced manager to be brought in who should be given the autonomy to build his own team with no influence whatsoever from Holt. His remit should be limited to the creation of some sort of viable youth system, a big enough job in itself.