The Falkirk FC Thread

I suppose the pressure is really on Partick tonight. Yes, technically, both sides still have their destiny in their own hands, but our mob are pretty much doomed, and in complete tail spin whereas Thistle have been in great form, so there can only be one outcome.

Yeah, even a Thistle with eleven nervous wrecks on the park should see us off without too much drama.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

But he's not looking for the ones on the scrapheap, he's appealing to "the very best." That would put me off if I was on the heap.

I have no problem with him using Twitter , although I agree the format looks amateurish.

And even though I'm no expert on Twitter (I'm no Mark Campbell) I thought he might have tagged the club and used some hashtags to broaden his reach out with who ever follows him.     

But the sad fact is we are no longer the go to club for a young player.

Put it this way. Would Will Vaulks as a 18 year old knock on our door now ? No ! not a chance.

We are bottom feeders in the young talent department.

No manager. No settled squad. No track record of stability.

2 hours ago, the optimist said:
On 28/04/2021 at 08:45, knee jerk reaction said:
Are we playing a team with the defensive strength of the greatest Italian teams combined with the flair up front of the great 1970 Brazil team and with individuals who can reach Messi or Ronaldo heights or Partick bloody thistle on Thursday? The Facebook page gets slaughtered (mostly rightly) for its overwhelming positivity and happy clapping but sometimes we should hold a mirror up to ourselves the overwhelming negativity is frightening. We have a very hard game v partick that if we win leaves a home game v Montrose and away to an airdrie team likely to be their under 12s as they rest players for the play offs.
Very hard but not unwinnable game on Thursday that if we do win puts us in an absolutely fantastic position. 

As a slight aside, does anyone know if the game is discounted to compensate for the 1st game stream at firhill? They were going to discount 2nd game at firhill in march before season stopped and I haven't seen anything about it since. It may only be a fiver but it's still better in my pocket that PTFC.

I emailed them and got a discount code for tonight to use with original username and password.

I've emailed, still waiting for reply. Could you say what contact email you used? 

Cheers 

38 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Was just reading a wee bit about Kevin James there and how he won 2 titles and 2 challenge cups.

Got me wondering. Who is our most decorated player? Off the top of my head I assume it must be Yogi with 3 titles and 2 challenge cups? 

Scott McKenzie maybe?

Guest Ecosse83

Maybe I’m being too critical but to me it looks so amateurish posting an ad for the managers job on Twitter. Can’t think of ever seeing that with any other club! 

Maybe that’s just where we are with social media these days 🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Maybe I’m being too critical but to me it looks so amateurish posting an ad for the managers job on Twitter. Can’t think of ever seeing that with any other club! 

Maybe that’s just where we are with social media these days 🤷‍♂️

It’s fairly common. 

21 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Found myself getting somewhat optimistic for tonight for some reason. Came here for a good dose of pessimism and a trip back down to earth,  you've all delivered as expected. Cheers lads👍

We're shite