The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not for me- the decision to sign a team of unseen youngsters on the advice of a ‘scout’ acting as an agent for many of them was Hartley’s and Hartley’s alone. That is the ultimate reason we are where we are now.

Yes, there’s an argument the board should have stepped in to stop it but I can only imagine the abuse they’d have got for preventing a popular manager signing the Chelsea under 23 captain and players from the Brighton and Watford academies.

Most managers would have walked if they were told a board made up of people like Martin Ritchie, Doug Henderson and Lex Miller were going to be approving or rejecting signings based on what they adjudged their ability to be.

I’m with you on this mate - I 100% think Hartley was an an awful manager for us  but the argument is pointless now as we are where we are.

Just accept he will always divide opinion on here which I suppose is the point of a fans forum.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, I am in no place to be absolving Hartley of anything. All I am saying is he came from, and moved into jobs where he had did/is doing ok or even well. Then theres us shoehorned in the middle where "he" employed this utterly wild, barely heard of approach to squad building, against a backdrop of Craig Campbell at al torpedoing an academy and chatting shit about fucking Brentford.

The longer we are a fucking farce, whilst Hartley returns to being a middling/decent Scottosh football manager who doesnt pursue a left field recruitment strategy, leaves me wondering just whose fucking idea it was and just how on board with it the various parties were.

Hartlet got what he deserved. Emptied from the club, but many others didnt, and here we are. Still utterly fucking rancid, still in league next season barring a miracle. What does that suggest......

I struggle to believe it was his idea. To me it's got Craig Campbell written all over it . There's no doubt though that at least initially Hartley bought in to it but as you say he's never tried to employ that kind of system anywhere else in his career.  We'll probably never really know the full story.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I struggle to believe it was his idea. To me it's got Craig Campbell written all over it . There's no doubt though that at least initially Hartley bought in to it but as you say he's never tried to employ that kind of system anywhere else in his career.  We'll probably never really know the full story.

No we wont, all we know is that our decline kept going/gathered pace based on the decision made by those that remained and continues to do so. 

And even if it hasnt directly effected the product, lets not forget the naked contempt they hold the fans in (Racism, fucking off BtB, fucking off the patrons, whoring us to Kenny Rogers/"Gowser") because they genuinely think they and only they know best/have Falkirks interests at heart. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Club trying to say Totten is retiring, bloody liars.  He’s packing it in because of the way the place is being ran 😡

That’s really sad if true but shouldn’t come as any surprise given all that’s been going on with the club in recent times. The club really is a shambles. 

53 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

They never seen to be heard or seen around the club. I think their biggest problem is they have probably lost interest in the day to day running of the club and allowed it to become over run by self important sycophants who are only in it for themselves. Doesn’t feel like we’ve had true, decent, intelligent people with the clubs best interest at heart since Campbell Christie stepped down. 

Hopefully if there is anyone with a true desire to turn the club around and put the right people in place to run it then they’ll sell their shares to them. 

I think you are being very optimistic, they seem hell bent on remaining in place no matter what.

Cove win or a draw for me. 

Then if we win our last 3 games we will be champions.

Can we do it? Yes. Will we do it? Unlikely.

ETA: It would truly be the Falkirk way to beat Partick and Montrose, then bottle it against Airdrie 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He clearly is decent. He also, clearly is an odious wee p***k.

The further into the mire we get though, the more credible it seems that Hartley, though clearly FAR from blameless in what happened, was maybe a smaller part in it that previoudly thought. I mean, at that exact same time the academy was getting binned. Then they made a rip roaring c**t of hiring McKinnon, we went down, they made a c**t of it with M&M rushing in to make them permanent in a total facebook maw move and currently they are fucking off a group of fans trying to do something good for the club, presumably while "Kieran" scrapes around seeing if he can run with the idea but hijack it for an extra few quid (The Kevin McAllister @ Benny Ts stand)

And lets not forget some of them tried to hijack Rawlins/usher Alan Gow in the door.

Too many peolle have come and gone through years of utter catastrophe for the MSG and their stooges, the one constant, not to be at fault for the state of it. Hartley is a smaller part of where we are than it might initally seem IMO

It’s pretty obvious where the problem lies - the guys who own the shares are ultimately responsible. Good guys supporters they may be but they have no concept of how to run a fit ba club . The formula at our level is simple ie / sign the best players in the league - weaken the opposition play 442 every week press high and get stuck in from the off . Keep the same team on the park when possible have pace and balance on both wings and sign a striker with a track record of bagging 15+ per season . Don’t try n play football get it in the opposition box as much as possible and fight for second balls . Leave the fit a tippy teapot stuff till we’re out this league ! 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ll take a Cove win then.

Nah, we need this to be a draw because we'd win the league outright if we won our remaining games. A Cove win means that they could pip us on GD if they also win their remaining games.

Edited to say that we would also like a mass brawl as the teams go down the tunnel after full time resulting in umpteen players from each team getting red cards.

Edited by ShaggerG