The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just logged on today and can’t believe the number of people praising the job Hartley done for us. Is that how far we have fallen in our expectations?

I'll take "things that aren't happening" for £500 please, Alex

Is there anyone in our boardroom who has any idea about running a club? The latest instalment of mismanagement appear to be the Crunchie Initiative guys being given a raw deal and our new goalie coach apparently announcing his appointment on Facebook before there’s been any sort of announcement by the club 🙈. Granted there have been bigger messes but after a decade of mismanagement we seem to just move from one cock up to another. 

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Is there anyone in our boardroom who has any idea about running a club? The latest instalment of mismanagement appear to be the Crunchie Initiative guys being given a raw deal and our new goalie coach apparently announcing his appointment on Facebook before there’s been any sort of announcement by the club 🙈. Granted there have been bigger messes but after a decade of mismanagement we seem to just move from one cock up to another. 

The crunchie initiative problems just sum our board up.  Enoughs enough time for the fans to keep their cash in their wallets and get them horsed out.

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

While Hughes' last season was indeed dreadful - staying up thanks to Higdon's backside and a cup run papering over some huge cracks - at least he'd built up some credit in the bank.

Even after that terrible season we would still have been a really attractive job. Upcoming European football, youth academy, first-class training facilities, established top-flight club. Had we advertised the job instead of going down the cheap route we'd have had some excellent applicants.

Have absolutely no evidence of this, but often wonder if the board (or whoever was appointing the manager after Yogi) saw May as an almost Guardiola at Barca type, and wanted to keep the role in the Falkirk familiy (whatever the f'ck that would mean)... rather than being cheap. My only real reason for thinking for this is the success Pep had his first year as Barca first team manager, and that was 08/09 so would have been fresh in the board's mind after Yogi left... and George Craig seemed absolutely insane.

Anybody know why we also sacked the goalie coach, think he's been around the club a few years and he wasn't one of the ones dropped in it by Miller last week for being involved in these shite formations that were getting served up weekly?

32 minutes ago, alonso said:

Anybody know why we also sacked the goalie coach, think he's been around the club a few years and he wasn't one of the ones dropped in it by Miller last week for being involved in these shite formations that were getting served up weekly?

On that it might be a case of they have someone in mind and that they want their own men with them that they have worked with, it might be far fetched but Rawlins might have someone in the frame 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just logged on today and can’t believe the number of people praising the job Hartley done for us. Is that how far we have fallen in our expectations?

FFS, the guy gave us Haber, Lewis, Dallison and Fasan who are probably the 4 worst players I’ve seen in a Falkirk jersey.

Hartley was a far, greasy tramp and he can get to f**k.

For some reason I read this to the tune of 'My favourite things' from the sound of music which is really ironic because they're 4 of my least favourite players.

51 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

Have absolutely no evidence of this, but often wonder if the board (or whoever was appointing the manager after Yogi) saw May as an almost Guardiola at Barca type, and wanted to keep the role in the Falkirk familiy (whatever the f'ck that would mean)... rather than being cheap. My only real reason for thinking for this is the success Pep had his first year as Barca first team manager, and that was 08/09 so would have been fresh in the board's mind after Yogi left... and George Craig seemed absolutely insane.

Pep = Eddie

Eh naw!

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On that it might be a case of they have someone in mind and that they want their own men with them that they have worked with, it might be far fetched but Rawlins might have someone in the frame 

There’s a boy on Facebook claiming to be delighted to be part of such a great club. No update from the club tho and by the looks of it, f**k all to do with Rawlins. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

There’s a boy on Facebook claiming to be delighted to be part of such a great club. No update from the club tho and by the looks of it, f**k all to do with Rawlins. 

if its on the COYB page its probably someone thats been added cause they are a MR or SA fanboy

Just now, JulioBairn said:

Not seen it on there either. Don’t tell me I’ve turned into one of those ITK wankers 😳

Am not on fb but i think from what i have seen most of the posters on here have either been banned from it or blocked from seeing whats going on for criticism of "BSLM' and him and cracks getting the sack the end of the day there was no plan b and it just wasnt good enough not to mention if the rumours were right him and kerr downing tools on houstie started the descent to where we are the board decisions have just added to them.

1 hour ago, alonso said:

Your asking that after coves first goal on Saturday.🤔