Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Player of the season.....who scored most goals, yep he will do is how they roll.

Will manager of the month curse hurt us 😂

The curse is that it gives the bod another reason not to fire them.

Mind the "this is your club" patter. Some laugh.

Eta, also can mind feeling slightly out on a limb before saying KK was absolutely one of them. He is. This Crunchie debacle proving it.

Interesting to see since the restart we've actually gained 1 point on Cove, Partick and Airdrie and 2 on Montrose across the 4 matches so far

Only Clyde and East Fife have taken 1 point more, but they've both played 2 games more

I know we should be doing better but I think it highlights that everyone is struggling for consistency atm 

6 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

🤔

Is it just me or is the World becoming more  surreal by the day?

51 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Interesting to see since the restart we've actually gained 1 point on Cove, Partick and Airdrie and 2 on Montrose across the 4 matches so far

Only Clyde and East Fife have taken 1 point more, but they've both played 2 games more

I know we should be doing better but I think it highlights that everyone is struggling for consistency atm 

I think it highlights the atrocious standard of this league.

I've not just listened to Lee Miller say we did a lot of things right against Airdrie? Surely not. We were absolutely shocking for 75 mins of the game. We had a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half where we were decent. 

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I’m involved with the initiative. Won’t comment on other things with the campaign but just so you know, Hibs was put forward by us. Hibs played in his testimonial and brought through a decent support. A game vs Chelsea would certainly add glamour but might just be a reserve/U19 team particularly with the Euros being on.

Ultimately though it’s not about the club making partnerships it’s about honouring Kevin. Their manager is a Falkirk man and Kevin is held in high regard  by Hibs fans whereas a lot of the Chelsea support will know much less about him. Would rather folk turn up to honour Crunchie than be enticed by the opposition. 

Don’t get me wrong a full strength Chelsea team would be great but we made the choice to try Hibs based on the various factors. Had some good battles with Hibs in recent years too. A fallback could always be Camelon Juniors. Again it’s about making a day of it for fans to celebrate Crunchie than something for the club, who will equally benefit either way.

Anyway just wanted explain the thought process but I do get your point.

Great post and puts the record straight before it .......... thanks 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've not just listened to Lee Miller say we did a lot of things right against Airdrie? Surely not. We were absolutely shocking for 75 mins of the game. We had a 15 minute spell at the end of the first half where we were decent. 

You did and that’s why fans in their droves are turning against both them. Your post is spot on.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yep, these interviews are beyond parody.

A complete waste of time.

The interviewer doesn’t even ask about injuries!

Someone mentioned on the Clyde match thread that whoever gets the first goal in our games usually wins, which got me thinking.

Our last “come from behind” win in the league was v Ross country in May 2019. What a truly fucking depressing gang we have been for a full 2 years 

I think it’s a stat that proves when the going gets tough for this lot of players they just don’t fancy it.

Edited by bairn88

41 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Someone mentioned on the Clyde match thread that whoever gets the first goal in our games usually wins, which got me thinking.

Our last “come from behind” win in the league was v Ross country in May 2019. What a truly fucking depressing gang we have been for a full 2 years 

I think it’s a stat that proves when the going gets tough for this lot of players they just don’t fancy it.

Not sure it is actually, we came from behind to beat Montrose at home towards the start of last season I think, Sammon scored both so a surreal day all round really.

The Ross County game you mention was the last time we beat a full-time I think, which is equally as frightening. 

Doesn't take away from your point about us being a complete and utter gang right enough. If anything, I'd say that's a generous description.

It is also the last time we beat a full time team.

Miller's interview pre clyde absolute nothingness, footnote alluded to players maybe having an opinion which will be blatantly ignored. 

7 hours ago, kiddy said:

A game against Hibs. 🤣😂😂

Fcuk me, that's straight out the same thought process as getting Dundee to Christen the stadium came from!

A chance to cement a friendship with a European club, develop a partnership & enthuse the fans by inviting Ceske Budejovice for the Stadium opening & they got Dundee.

Here a chance to invite a team up from Chelsea, capture the fans imagination & tie it in with the high point in his career & they talk of Hibs.

These are games folk want to remember & talk about for years to come. The Ajax game being a prime example & they manage to fcuk it up on a mahoosive scale.

f**k off with that patter ya welt. Some amount of wanks in our support honest tae f**k. 

9 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Firmly in the “tell them to piss off” camp if the stories about them playing funny buggers about the Crunchie campaign are true.

Honestly,  it never ends with this mob.

I'm firmly in that camp too.

There's not a single member of that board I would trust as far as I could throw them.  The history of Falkirk FC is one where the people that do their best to support the club get continually shafted.  It seems like this is no different.

It's a real dilemma because while wanting the best for the club.... There has to come a point where a stand is taken.  Whether that means looking at withholding some level of support, who knows. 

Rip it up and start again.

I'm firmly in that camp too.
There's not a single member of that board I would trust as far as I could throw them.  The history of Falkirk FC is one where the people that do their best to support the club get continually shafted.  It seems like this is no different.
It's a real dilemma because while wanting the best for the club.... There has to come a point where a stand is taken.  Whether that means looking at withholding some level of support, who knows. 
Rip it up and start again.

There are too many fans conflicted like this now. People only now PATG, people not going to home games, people only going to go away, regular smaller sponsors pulled out etc etc etc

All as a result of lack of trust, poor stewardship and horrific entertainment.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Not sure it is actually, we came from behind to beat Montrose at home towards the start of last season I think, Sammon scored both so a surreal day all round really.

The Ross County game you mention was the last time we beat a full-time I think, which is equally as frightening. 

Doesn't take away from your point about us being a complete and utter gang right enough. If anything, I'd say that's a generous description.

Oh aye, well remembered. Thought we went 1-0 up in that game