The Falkirk FC Thread

Just hope whoever we get in they sign better players than the standard we've had under Hartley, McKinnon and M&M.  Recent season's have been like a "How much shite can we sign to disgrace the navy blue jersey" competition and each season we seem to raise or lower the bar to a new level.

Stuart Taylor, if it is to be him, doesn’t fill me with much confidence. If he’s been working with Paul Lambert, then both will have been hounded out of all their previous clubs. Ipswich were laughable bad under them. However, he would get my support as all new manager’s deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not putting much into this, but if theres a positive to be had today, I feel better about the prospect of a playoff now having not rolled over and bared our arses for a change.

I think for us to stand any chance we need to get players back from injury. We really need Telfer and Dixon back.

I think for us to stand any chance we need to get players back from injury. We really need Telfer and Dixon back.
Oh absolutely. The quality isnt there at the minute. It might well be if we get folk back though and Holt gets them organised better. Morton, Ayr and Arbroath are all absolute gangs. Its the teams in this league that worry me more tbh.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Oh absolutely. The quality isnt there at the minute. It might well be if we get folk back though and Holt gets them organised better. Morton, Ayr and Arbroath are all absolute gangs. Its the teams in this league that worry me more tbh.

Yeah I agree, the likes of Cove, Airdrie seem to have our number and know how to get a result against us.

8 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Stuart Taylor, if it is to be him, doesn’t fill me with much confidence. If he’s been working with Paul Lambert, then both will have been hounded out of all their previous clubs. Ipswich were laughable bad under them. However, he would get my support as all new manager’s deserve. 

Agree. Doesn't exactly inspire.

I just want this season done. If by some fluke we get to the playoff final we will get absolutely rag dolled.

My fear for this club is the decision making now. Anyone with any nouse, understanding of the game would have tipped these out last summer.

They have gone unchecked and signed an absolute gang. For that the Board has to take full responsibility. It was bad before but god it is ten times worse now.

Why any fan has any confidence in them getting it right next season is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

What has Neil McCann done to deserve our job? He appears to have failed miserably in his other roles and if he could be prised away from RTV?
Just wondering as he seems to talk a good game

Yeah, what terrible thing has McCann done to drop down a division?

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I just want this season done. If by some fluke we get to the playoff final we will get absolutely rag dolled.

My fear for this club is the decision making now. Anyone with any nouse, understanding of the game would have tipped these out last summer.

They have gone unchecked and signed an absolute gang. For that the Board has to take full responsibility. It was bad before but god it is ten times worse now.

Aye, totally agree. I don’t rate Holt by any means but having a semi competent manager set us up today made a world of difference. We weren’t great, but as good as expected with the players available. Had we punted the clowns in the summer instead of blindly hoping they’d come good we would be in a better place right now. 

Just goes to show how bad some of the Dumb and Dumbers decisions were last summer. Seems a bit mental they made active decisions to keep players like Hall, Durnan and Leitch, whilst punting Doyle, Buchanan, Longridge etc. Even worse when they bring in players like Mercer who is worse than Doyle. 

I'm not for one moment suggesting the three I've mentioned are world-beaters or would have been good enough long-term, but we are in League One and M&M kept far worse. Example 4958405 of how out of their depth they were.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Just goes to show how bad some of the Dumb and Dumbers decisions were last summer. Seems a bit mental they made active decisions to keep players like Hall, Durnan and Leitch, whilst punting Doyle, Buchanan, Longridge etc. Even worse when they bring in players like Mercer who is worse than Doyle. 

I'm not for one moment suggesting the three I've mentioned are world-beaters or would have been good enough long-term, but we are in League One and M&M kept far worse. Example 4958405 of how out of their depth they were.

Neither Hall, Durnan and Leitch nor Doyle, Buchanan and Longridge are anywhere near good enough. 

The three of them were quite rightly emptied.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Neither Hall, Durnan and Leitch nor Doyle, Buchanan and Longridge are anywhere near good enough. 

I 100% agree with you. But I'd argue I'd have Buchanan over Durnan and (especially) Hall. Doyle is better than Mercer. You can't suggest Longridge is any worse than Leitch? Of course, we'd have hoped M&M could have signed better than any of these players mentioned. But they made decisions to actively keep the worst of the bunch!

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why any fan has any confidence in them getting it right next season is beyond me.

Absolutely. If this “rigorous selection process” includes input from any of our BoD, then we really need to have the fear. Just look at their backgrounds. None of them should be anywhere near the selection process......but you just know they will.

That they chose not to empty M&M before the start of this season is totally baffling.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was pretty honking with Dundee was he not. Did he not start the job mcpake finished.

So, how many fish hanging on a simple McCann and Dodds hook?

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I 100% agree with you. But I'd argue I'd have Buchanan over Durnan and (especially) Hall. Doyle is better than Mercer. You can't suggest Longridge is any worse than Leitch? Of course, we'd have hoped M&M could have signed better than any of these players mentioned. But they made decisions to actively keep the worst of the bunch!

Sadly Dumb & Dumber chose to release Dud, and sign Dudder over and over again.