The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jesus H.

Have you paid any attention at all to football managers in the last decade or so? He was disastrous at DU and got hunted after his dodgy contract was exposed. He then took York City down to tier 6 in England where they continue to languish. Plus he's been seriously ill in the last year or so, so would be totally unsuitable for a job like ours.

Didn't think he looked too great when he was on from the terrace a few weeks back.

I see there is retrospective coverage on BBC Scotland tonight on the 2015 cup final as part of a series.

I fairly enjoyed my day out and given the first three episodes were fun, I'd hope that this one is of the same standard and turns out to be a nice programme that we can all delight in.

Least he’s not shying away from the biggest issue being the players work ethic and desire to ‘put in a shift’.
Time will tell...we were better than them earlier in the season so it’s possible. 

Too many injuries IMO

Looking forward to tomorrow, not because I think we can expect any sort of decent performance/result, but it’s the first game in a while where I don’t 100% know for certain what I’m about to watch. In my mind the league is gone too, thoughts already have turned to next season, so pressure for first time in a while doesn’t feel there 

Looking forward to tomorrow, not because I think we can expect any sort of decent performance/result, but it’s the first game in a while where I don’t 100% know for certain what I’m about to watch. In my mind the league is gone too, thoughts already have turned to next season, so pressure for first time in a while doesn’t feel there 

I don’t think we will win the league either, it’s Thistle’s to lose. However if we could get a foothold and show a bit more interest on the park I still think we have an outside chance through the play-offs.
Or have I just reached the point where I’m delusional.....

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t think we will win the league either, it’s Thistle’s to lose. However if we could get a foothold and show a bit more interest on the park I still think we have an outside chance through the play-offs.
Or have I just reached the point where I’m delusional.....

If we could get Dixon, Neilson, Telfer and Dowds back from injury I’d fancy us to at least have as good as chance as anyone in the playoffs. Agreed the leagues done though. 

If only they had sacked these 2 clueless clowns after that disgrace last Saturday we might still be top? Will never understand the logic in allowing them the opportunity to serve up that one final helping of pish!!!

18 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Things will be better once the new manager comes on board.

Things will be better once Keena gets fit.

Things will be better once M&M clear out McKinnon's dross.

Thing will be better once McKinnon clears out Hartley's dross.

Things will be better once Hartley clears out Houston's dross.

We're football's equivalent of the old couple from When The Wind Blows.

Add to that:  

Things will be better once the Rawlins come on board.

Still waiting to see any kind of significant influence or input - all I have heard is cheerleader pish from across the pond. 

47 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I quite liked holts interview, he comes across really well and not a dithering idiot that we have become accustomed to. This will obviously be judged come full time today but was just refreshing to hear thoughts that weren't from the senior chuckle brothers

Yip, there wasn't anything overly earth shattering but it felt like we had someone who vaguely belongs there rather than two balloons who were kidding on they were managers.

Miller and McCracken were miles out of their depth but maybe they can rebuild at a lower level in future. I always thought it was horrendous that they would post screenshots of their Zoom coaching courses and every other person on it was a current player, while they were managers of a full time club covering the same material.

I know M and Ms time ended badly and they were out of their depth but they did get things going again after McKinnon left. McKinnon must’ve had something half decent in place  for them two to get a string of results together because I think all they did was bring a much needed freshness in but nothing of substance. 

It was correct to get rid of McKinnon at that time but I do actually think he/was is an okay manager who could’ve done a decent job for us. 

Guest Ecosse83

Not expecting miracles of any sort with Holt but I’m looking forward to watching us again under a semi competent man in charge. 

Our injury list will be too long to do anything this season unless a miracle happens and they all return soon. 

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

That’s about as good as it gets, hearing we’re toiling to field a first thirteen today......

Nice of Cove to let us play with 13 probably just trying to even it up. 

Even with our injuries we are capable of beating them today, just need to keep Megginson quiet which is easier said than done. 

M&M GBNF COYB

[emoji16]
Gimme a break!
Despite reports to the contrary, I wasn’t that bothered that they have gone. I stated it was their time before the Peterhead game.
My concern is the one that I stated three years ago. Change is rarely good.
Now that the latest experiment has failed that’s where we are back to, more uncertainty, but even worse, in a division lower, and with a bunch of players who couldn’t give a toss.....

I know M and Ms time ended badly and they were out of their depth but they did get things going again after McKinnon left. McKinnon must’ve had something half decent in place  for them two to get a string of results together because I think all they did was bring a much needed freshness in but nothing of substance. 

It was correct to get rid of McKinnon at that time but I do actually think he/was is an okay manager who could’ve done a decent job for us. 

I think the only thing that they really done last season was set up to get the best out of Declan McManus. If you remember McKinnon was doing absolutely nothing with him and played him out wide a few times. They went 4-4-2 and kept McManus through the middle and he almost single handedly took us up.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

emoji16.png
Gimme a break!
Despite reports to the contrary, I wasn’t that bothered that they have gone. I stated it was their time before the Peterhead game.
My concern is the one that I stated three years ago. Change is rarely good.
Now that the latest experiment has failed that’s where we are back to, more uncertainty, but even worse, in a division lower, and with a bunch of players who couldn’t give a toss.....

Definitely not putting you in the FB category 😁. Did anyone else see the pathetic toadying towards Rudden on the FB atrocity, 'great to see him do well' etc. Brutal.

Will be watching today's game with some interest. Holt more than hinted on the unhappiness of our players under Eric & Ernie so I expect we'll see an upturn in performance but already resigned to another season of L1.