The Falkirk FC Thread

If they can get us a squad of players that aren't shit and to start playing decent football again they will get my backing. We just know for a fact that whoever it is we will get fans of previous clubs coming on to tell us how shit they are.

Mind you for the past 4 years when we have signed players and fans of their previous clubs have told us they were absolute gash 99.9% of the time they have been right.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If they can get us a squad of players that aren't shit and to start playing decent football again they will get my backing. We just know for a fact that whoever it is we will get fans of previous clubs coming on to tell us how shit they are.

Mind you for the past 4 years when we have signed players and fans of their previous clubs have told us they were absolute gash 99.9% of the time they have been right.

Especially players who used to play with Queen of the south.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. She has more credentials than any other candidate for the job. She won the FA Cup and took Scotland to a world cup ffs.
And before you go bleating about the woman's game not mattering, if you think the English Woman's FA Cup or literal woman's national team is a lower level than League 1 in Scotland, you're an absolutely fucking mental piece of shit.

Whoever we get as next manager needs to command respect to get anything out of our tinpot dressing room brigade.
If anyone genuinely believes that Shelley Kerr could deliver that, and the respect of our supporters they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
As for the women’s team being of a higher level than the top end of League One, L.O. F*****g L.

9 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. She has more credentials than any other candidate for the job. She won the FA Cup and took Scotland to a world cup ffs.

And before you go bleating about the woman's game not mattering, if you think the English Woman's FA Cup or literal woman's national team is a lower level than League 1 in Scotland, you're an absolutely fucking mental piece of shit.

Wow. 

I'm all for womens football and promoting it. I've attended a fair few Scotland womens games but to say the standard is anything above non-league is laughable. 

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Only after 12 shots and half a bottle of Vodka if reports are true...........🙃

Give her the job and she could bottle half the dressing room, and the boardroom too actually

she has managed a mens team before for a few seasons, lower level than us but not only 2 levels below. there most likely are better candidates anyway but I hope we're not just writing her off purely because she's a woman

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Give her the job and she could bottle half the dressing room, and the boardroom too actually

she has managed a mens team before for a few seasons, lower level than us but not only 2 levels below. there most likely are better candidates anyway but I hope we're not just writing her off purely because she's a woman

It was a uni team so its young guys who need to act in a certain manner. The circumstances are a bit different.

She just not have the credentials.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Emm, the US women's team lost to a bunch of 15 year old High school boys.

If you think women's football compares to even amateur men's football you are a total mentalist.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Whoever we get as next manager needs to command respect to get anything out of our tinpot dressing room brigade.

Will the next coach have to face much of the tinpot brigade though, only 5 are signed through 2022.

There are several routes to respect, and I suspect at Falkirk the BoD (and the DoF) effectively chopped the legs out from under M&M on that front by making it clear they did NOT have effective control over the creation of the team, or even the week to week line-ups. Certainly the pandemic shattered many plans for team design, and perhaps contributed to a wholesale turnover of a second place team, but M&M still didn’t seem to know how to use many of their signings, which makes me wonder how much choice/input they were really given. That doesn’t excuse/ignore their sometimes amazing decisions, but if you are lucky, the next assignment could reflect the (hopefully) rock bottom nature of the situation. The way to judge this will be if the BoD/DoF allow a coach who is given real power or instead pick a pliable retread.

The other question will be is the coaching hire who can turn this around and regain the Championship the same coach who can succeed in gaining Premiership status and success, or are they potentially two different people? If they are possibly different people, then the next choice is from a wider, and possibly younger, field. If the BoD/DoF are convinced that one hire can do it all, then the list is much smaller, much more “established”, and may have to focus on an experienced coach seeking rehabilitation from previous mistakes...with all the risks that entails.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Emm, the US women's team lost to a bunch of 15 year old High school boys.

If you think women's football compares to even amateur men's football you are a total mentalist.

If you believe the crap reporting by a number of sources that the match in question was anything more than a light bounce game, structured to benefit the U-15 Dallas F.C. boys team, then you’re the mental one. This particular bullshit claim has spread far and wide because it plays into stereotypes, despite being completely false.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Will the next coach have to face much of the tinpot brigade though, only 5 are signed through 2022.

There are several routes to respect, and I suspect at Falkirk the BoD (and the DoF) effectively chopped the legs out from under M&M on that front by making it clear they did NOT have effective control over the creation of the team, or even the week to week line-ups. Certainly the pandemic shattered many plans for team design, and perhaps contributed to a wholesale turnover of a second place team, but M&M still didn’t seem to know how to use many of their signings, which makes me wonder how much choice/input they were really given. That doesn’t excuse/ignore their sometimes amazing decisions, but if you are lucky, the next assignment could reflect the (hopefully) rock bottom nature of the situation. The way to judge this will be if the BoD/DoF allow a coach who is given real power or instead pick a pliable retread.

The other question will be is the coaching hire who can turn this around and regain the Championship the same coach who can succeed in gaining Premiership status and success, or are they potentially two different people? If they are possibly different people, then the next choice is from a wider, and possibly younger, field. If the BoD/DoF are convinced that one hire can do it all, then the list is much smaller, much more “established”, and may have to focus on an experienced coach seeking rehabilitation from previous mistakes...with all the risks that entails.

If you believe the crap reporting by a number of sources that the match in question was anything more than a light bounce game, structured to benefit the U-15 Dallas F.C. boys team, then you’re the mental one. This particular bullshit claim has spread far and wide because it plays into stereotypes, despite being completely false.

I’m afraid that’s not the case TX Rover. Women’s footy should be encouraged. But to compare it as even the same sport as the men’s game is basically silly. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-women-s-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html%3famp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.rt.com/sport/512426-brazil-women-lose-men-football/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/

This isn’t debate, it’s just fact. 

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This should be funny... exactly what standard of equivalence in the men's game do you think elite women's football aligns to? 

Scottish Championship? League One? Highland League?

I mean your answer is going to be absolutely hilarious anyway..I'm just keen to see how hilarious 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Yip. Some of the games in the last women's world Cup were excellent.  Women's football is progressing at a rate of knots and increased professionalism will help that. It can be a really good watch technically too as it's so much slower. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’m afraid that’s not the case TX Rover. Women’s footy should be encouraged. But to compare it as even the same sport as the men’s game is basically silly. 

You provide the same tired links that have been debunked. It was no match, it was a scrimmage. However...

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This should be funny... exactly what standard of equivalence in the men's game do you think elite women's football aligns to? 

Scottish Championship? League One? Highland League?

I mean your answer is going to be absolutely hilarious anyway..I'm just keen to see how hilarious 

There is no equivalent, the two games are completely different. That being said, that doesnt result in a coach in one version being unable to perform in the other.

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Your board should beware of large-headed applicants with impressive Powerpoint presentations

In one of his many greeting-faced, whining self-justificatory interviews after we binned him, he claimed that he couldn't connect with Championship players because they weren't as good as he had been in his career.  Not sure how he'd spin that for a job in the third tier...

Tony Adams used that excuse as well I think for being utterly shit.

32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For me we need to be looking for a manager who can win us the championship and then stabilise us in the premiership. We will soon be on our 6th manager in little over 3.5 years- we can't continue with this level of management and player turnover. 

Phil and Carrie Rawlins have come in with the clear objective of getting to the top flight ASAP- we need someone in who can achieve that rather than another short term firefighter.

Shelly Kerr. Jesus wept. Think I've heard it all now. Mind you her Scotland team managed to make a complete arse of it after being 3 up with 15 mins to go so she probably fits the bill for our board.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shelly Kerr. Jesus wept. Think I've heard it all now. Mind you her Scotland team managed to make a complete arse of up after being 3 up with 15 mins to go so she probably fits the bill for our board.

I've heard Cherie Lunghi was approached and turned us down...

(One for the old b*****ds among us)

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021