The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Stephen Robinson is one I would be speaking to but not sure whether he would want to manage at this level.

He was scunnered at Motherwell withΒ a ceiling of finishing 3rd and being runner-up in cups. The fact they fellΒ into a relegation battle this seasonΒ harms his chances of getting as good a job in England, but it would be a surpriseΒ if he dropped to a club like Dundee who are pushing to get out of the Championship, never mind anyone in League One.

12 hours ago, HonestAl said:

No left field appointment please.

Previous appointments (and I’m going back decades) that were successful - Cunningham, Totten, Lamont, Jeffries. From the same mould is Darren Young but there may be others. A few years experience at a club of lower stature (sic), relative success, learned from mistakes. Plus I believe Darren Young applied for vacancy last time.

Lets not miss him twice.

Every one of them you mentioned had a good eye for playersΒ not rated butΒ would gel together in a team making those around them better players.Β 

That's good judgement, good player market knowledge and good coaching. My goodness these 4 did a turn for Falkirk with very little. They were not bad teams to watch as well.

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So has Gary Holt but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things really i .Β  He didn't last long at Limerick in his one previous No1 job and if he thought things weren't up to his standards there then God knows what he'd think of us.Β As far as I'm aware he's very interested in the post but doesn't think his profile is high enough up here to get it.Β  Who knows to be honest I'm that scunnered I don't have a clue who would be decent. We seem to have an ability to turn half decent managers into complete shit anyway. Wouldn't be confident if pep rocked up.

Well, let's face it Shadwell, it would be a major shock to (most) of the rest of us if you were!

13 hours ago, Sydney Puddefoot said:

Have said elsewhere I think Peter Grant might be a candidate, he's leaving Alloa at season end so no compo needed, there is also the Norwich connection with Holt.

Anyone know what Davie Weir is up to these days ?

Christ a guy whose just been relegated with Alloa and another whose been a monumental f*ck up at every club he's managed.Β Β 

Its not quite as bad (yet) as COYB but some of the names suggested here would make your eyes water.Β 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He was scunnered at Motherwell withΒ a ceiling of finishing 3rd and being runner-up in cups. The fact they fellΒ into a relegation battle this seasonΒ harms his chances of getting as good a job in England, but it would be a surpriseΒ if he dropped to a club like Dundee who are pushing to get out of the Championship, never mind anyone in League One.

It’s a non starter until we know if we’re going up, but if the Rawlins put forward a plan to get up to the premiership next year and then look for top six, he may be interested.

I also think the Rawlins would like a high profile appointment as a statement of ambition. I don’t see Darren Young really fitting that bill.

I'm glad the herald aren't picking it that's for bloody sure. Some real crackers.Β  Ricky waddell, Ian cathro, Shelly Kerr, dick campbell, Gary Caldwell, mark Kerr and Stephen O'Donnell to name but a few. No Corrzo though which was a surprise.

30 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Christ a guy whose just been relegated with Alloa and another whose been a monumental f*ck up at every club he's managed.Β Β 

Its not quite as bad (yet) as COYB but some of the names suggested here would make your eyes water.Β 

Jack Ross went down with alloa too mind you. They are a club that is always going to go down at some point due to their lack of resources.Β 

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Genuinely hope she doesn't get it. Absolutely no credentials for the job.Β 

It would appease the facebookers though.Β 

Former Lowland League manager. Former international player and manager. More credentials than a lot of potential appointees out there!

For clarity, I don't want her as boss, but she would not be an outrageous shout.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Former Lowland League manager. Former international player and manager. More credentials than a lot of potential appointees out there!

For clarity, I don't want her as boss, but she would not be an outrageous shout.

I just don't see her commanding respect in a dressing room. It would be very Eddie may-ish.Β 

Edited by latapythelegend

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Genuinely think Shelley Kerr might go for it.

She's said she doesn't want to go back into management and would rather go into a DoF type role. Can't see her taking on a head coach role to work under a DoF.

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Doesn't mind telling the players how shit they are either.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm glad the herald aren't picking it that's for bloody sure. Some real crackers.Β  Ricky waddell, Ian cathro, Shelly Kerr, dick campbell, Gary Caldwell, mark Kerr and Stephen O'Donnell to name but a few. No Corrzo though which was a surprise.

Your board should beware of large-headed applicants with impressive Powerpoint presentations

In one of his many greeting-faced, whining self-justificatory interviews after we binned him, he claimed that he couldn't connect with Championship players because they weren't as good as he had been in his career.Β  Not sure how he'd spin that for a job in the third tier...

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Genuinely hope she doesn't get it. Absolutely no credentials for the job.Β 

It would appease the facebookers though.Β 

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. She has more credentials than any other candidate for the job. She won the FA Cup and took Scotland to a world cup ffs.

And before you go bleating about the woman's game not mattering, if you think the English Woman's FA Cup or literal woman's national team is a lower level than League 1 in Scotland, you're an absolutely fucking mental piece of shit.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. She has more credentials than any other candidate for the job. She won the FA Cup and took Scotland to a world cup ffs.

And before you go bleating about the woman's game not mattering, if you think the English Woman's FA Cup or literal woman's national team is a lower level than League 1 in Scotland, you're an absolutely fucking mental piece of shit.

This has to be a troll.

The World Cup winning USA women’s team lost to a school u14 team 6-2 or something a few years ago. Women’s national team being better than league 1 level fucking hell πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚