The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Sydney Puddefoot said:

Have said elsewhere I think Peter Grant might be a candidate, he's leaving Alloa at season end so no compo needed, there is also the Norwich connection with Holt.

Anyone know what Davie Weir is up to these days ?

Scout for an English Premier League team.

Kevin Thomson is a name that interests me

15 minutes ago, Sydney Puddefoot said:

Have said elsewhere I think Peter Grant might be a candidate, he's leaving Alloa at season end so no compo needed, there is also the Norwich connection with Holt.

Anyone know what Davie Weir is up to these days ?

Davie Weir has been feckin dreadful everywhere he's been.😂😂

58 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

Yes ,its a pity our victories over Raith,Dunfermline,Ayr etc never made Friday tv.Either did Hearts and Dundee etc  dropping points.against Arbroath.😂😂😂😂😂

Going by what I've seen those sides are pretty shit too. Dundee have an utterly clueless manager. Dunfermline fans certainly aren't happy about their side and my heart's mates want neilson out the door asap as hearts are dire .  Ayr have been plummeting for weeks.  I think we can safely say that the league isn't a patch on the what it was 4 or 5 years ago . Makes the fact we're bumbling about in the seaside leagues even worse.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Superb reputation as a coach - that is what the club are looking at under this structure looking at Deans comment s

Problem is you never really know how these guys are going to work as a number one  Eddie may was a great coach but hopeless in the hot seat.  I realise he won't be dealing with recruitment but there's a lot more pressure when your the main man than there is when your an assistant. I'd still personally prefer someone whose cut their teeth elsewhere than a total rookie again.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem is you never really know how these guys are going to work as a number one  Eddie may was a great coach but hopeless in the hot seat.  I realise he won't be dealing with recruitment but there's a lot more pressure when your the main man than there is when your an assistant. I'd still personally prefer someone whose cut their teeth elsewhere than a total rookie again.

I kinda agree. I’m always drawn back to Darren Young, my gut tells me he would do well. 

To be honest none of the names mentioned so far excite me at all. I’d be tempted to wait and see if we go up as I think we’d get a better quality of applicant.

Realistically the Rawlins have come in to get us back to the premiership and I don’t see people like Peter Grant and Darren Young achieving that.

As others have said, the quality in the championship is not great at all at the moment and will be even worse once hearts are gone. We would be an attractive proposition imo if we get promoted and the Rawlins out the resources in place to get to the premiership.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

FWIW Taylor's been assistant a few clubs and managed in his own right at Limerick in Ireland for a season so he does have some experience.

He is hardly a total rookie. Jesus he has been at some big clubs. Villa, Stoke and Ipswich

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is hardly a total rookie. Jesus he has been at some big clubs. Villa, Stoke and Ipswich

So has Gary Holt but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things really i .  He didn't last long at Limerick in his one previous No1 job and if he thought things weren't up to his standards there then God knows what he'd think of us. As far as I'm aware he's very interested in the post but doesn't think his profile is high enough up here to get it.  Who knows to be honest I'm that scunnered I don't have a clue who would be decent. We seem to have an ability to turn half decent managers into complete shit anyway. Wouldn't be confident if pep rocked up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I reckon the only chance a guy like Young or Petrie get the job is if we don't go up which there is a good chance of.  The thing with these guys is they do well with limited resources and are comfortable at the level they are at,  give them a bigger budget would it all turn to shit? Ian Murray being a perfect example. Did well at Dumbarton, went to St Mirren had an absolute mare, ends up at Airdrie.

Things will be better once the new manager comes on board.

Things will be better once Keena gets fit.

Things will be better once M&M clear out McKinnon's dross.

Thing will be better once McKinnon clears out Hartley's dross.

Things will be better once Hartley clears out Houston's dross.

We're football's equivalent of the old couple from When The Wind Blows.

55 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I reckon the only chance a guy like Young or Petrie get the job is if we don't go up which there is a good chance of.  The thing with these guys is they do well with limited resources and are comfortable at the level they are at,  give them a bigger budget would it all turn to shit? Ian Murray being a perfect example. Did well at Dumbarton, went to St Mirren had an absolute mare, ends up at Airdrie.

Where he has pulled a team together, they have improved greatly since the beginning of the season and if this had been normal times with a full league would have bedded in for the first half and pushed on after Christmas and I suspect they would be the best if a rotten bunch. Murray is doing a solid job there and but for our surprisingly good run of form they are the best since the re start. I'm shitting playing them on Saturday.

Just goes to show how difficult it is to get the manager right, what works at 1 club doesn't mean it'll work at another. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I hope Holt does an interview before tomorrow’s game it would be interesting to hear what he has to say!

58 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Boys trained hard... disappointing recent results... all pulling together... we go again.

Need to put bodies on the line, not afraid to put heads in where it hurts.......