The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I suppose we're thinking that PG leaving Alloa at the end of the season is just a coincidence? Or something that could be in the pipeline?

We’re Holt and Grant ever at Norwich at the same time? 🤔

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I think you lot would be daft not to approach him at the end of the season.  

Nah we'll wait till he signs up elsewhere. Our rigid recruitment program will then see us give the job to Kenny shield after his success at taking Northern Ireland's wumen to the finals. You heard it here first.

Whatever happens we need to get the appointment announced quite quickly after the play offs. The new manager must get his signings spot on and get us starting quickly again next season. 

As for this season, if we can get some players back before the play offs there’s no reason why we can’t give them a real go. Use the next 4 games to ensure we finish in the top 4.

Not really sure who I would want. Peter Grant makes me feel uneasy for some reason. Just relegated with Alloa who must be bad if Arbroath is clear of them. 

Judging by the comments on here the football has not been great to watch but this is a strange decision with 4 games to go. You are still in with a great shout of going up as champions which is your main objective. Asking  a lot of anybody to take charge and do the business. It's always the management team that shoulder the blame and rarely the players.

I would take Peter Grant, good player who wouldn't take shite and should have decent contacts. I also think he was the type of player that wound up opposing fans but gave his all for his team. Feel he could possibly galvanise the support. We still need the MSG out, I just pray the Rawlins stump up enough dosh to either rid the club of them or totally dilute their power.

3 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Judging by the comments on here the football has not been great to watch but this is a strange decision with 4 games to go. You are still in with a great shout of going up as champions which is your main objective. Asking  a lot of anybody to take charge and do the business. It's always the management team that shoulder the blame and rarely the players.

Not really though. It's like saying a marathon runner who had a 10 minute lead over the pack who's running flat out and has just been sailed past is still in with a great shout.

Our race is run. Has been for some weeks now. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would take Peter Grant, good player who wouldn't take shite and should have decent contacts. I also think he was the type of player that wound up opposing fans but gave his all for his team. Feel he could possibly galvanise the support. We still need the MSG out, I just pray the Rawlins stump up enough dosh to either rid the club of them or totally dilute their power.

Whoever comes in needs a bigger budget for next season. We need a leaner squad not an all out jobber 22. 

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His son was at Norwich when Holt was there as a coach. Peter grant senior had left by then though.

My point is if his sons were still there playing then you'd like to think he popped down to a few games and therefore aquainted himself with Gary Holt.

2 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

I can understand this from an outsider looking in but we had to do something to try and turn things around. I thought the football Hartley and McKinnon had us playing was horrendous but M&M took it to another level. We don't have much chance of going up but with them still in charge we had absolutely no chance.

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Whoever comes in needs a bigger budget for next season. We need a leaner squad not an all out jobber 22. 

I agree totally, squad of 18 decent players instead of 22 shite players. We also really need to use the loan market a whole lot better.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You couldn't make this up.😄😄

Fans of other clubs:Falkirk are shit. Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit.

Fans of other clubs:No Falkirk are shit.  Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit.

Fans of other clubs:You're not listening Falkirk are shit.  Falkirk fans:Yes I know we are shit. 

If people are picking an argument then at least do it with folk that disagree with you.

I think you’re great and you’ve just been a bit unlucky recently. 

M&M might be gone but that doesn't automatically fix our problems. We now have Holt as head coach who's a dimwit with a rotten style of play.

I really hope Gary Deans is out the door soon, I'm not going to punish myself and listen to what he has to say any longer. I certainly won't be buying a season ticket for another year until there's proper change. 

I agree totally, squad of 18 decent players instead of 22 shite players. We also really need to use the loan market a whole lot better.

All being well we can call in players from the ‘Development Squad’ to fill the bench if we get injuries as well

Well that M&M away and Holt in charge. Suspect he is or new manager for next season !

I’d hardly say that. He’s made it clear he doesn’t want to manage anymore and it looks like his current role has a lot of short and long term goals to achieve.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Bigger budget? Geez we've got a huge budget as it is compared to the other clubs in the main. It's how it's being spent not the size that's the issue here. The answer isn't to fling more money at it it's to do far better with the money we have.