The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Who would yous even want as a permanent successor?

Advertise. Shortlist. Interview. Interview again if necessary. Appoint.

Only those with management experience should bother applying.

And absolutely no-one with any prior connection to the club. Get that parochial, inward-looking, small-time thinking straight in the bin.

Guest Ecosse83

It will be interesting to see what Holt can do for the rest of the season now. He’s obviously been having an input but how much is anyone’s guess. 

If we’re as inept as we have been in games then god knows what’s been happening on the training field as well. Time will tell!

Odd things concerning this announcement:

a) I follow FFC on twitter, and get alerts for every tweet they ever send out... except this one for some reason.

b) I see auld Jean is on the FB page coming out with "I hope you lot are happy now you got them sacked".

Kind of worrying that some people, with strong links to the club, think that a bastion of happy-clappiness like the FB page, has sufficient power to get managers the the tin tack.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Advertise. Shortlist. Interview. Interview again if necessary. Appoint.

Only those with management experience should bother applying.

And absolutely no-one with any prior connection to the club. Get that parochial, inward-looking, small-time thinking straight in the bin.

That worked well with the DOF role, ended up with Holt. I absolutely agree there needs to be a process in place but our board never work like that so there's no point sillying ourselves thinking it will happen.

Guest Ecosse83

What level do you think John Kennedy will enter management? I can’t see him getting the Celtic job but how low would he go to get started? 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Odd things concerning this announcement:

a) I follow FFC on twitter, and get alerts for every tweet they ever send out... except this one for some reason.

b) I see auld Jean is on the FB page coming out with "I hope you lot are happy now you got them sacked".

Kind of worrying that some people, with strong links to the club, think that a bastion of happy-clappiness like the FB page, has sufficient power to get the the tin tack.

I got an alert for it. 

I can see Ian Murray being a contender for this. He’s out of contract at the end of the season and certainly seems to know Falkirk’s weaknesses which is a start! A lot of Airdrie fans wouldn’t be too bothered to see him leave (indeed, a fair amount would be very happy) but if he can get us in the top four again that has to go down as a fairly successful season. If there aren’t any bigger names available then I could definitely see them going for Murray. Of the other managers in this league I certainly think he’s more likely to get it than Stewart Petrie or Darren Young, albeit in Petrie’s case that’s because I don’t think he’d want to go full-time at Falkirk.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Mr November said:

I can see Ian Murray being a contender for this. He’s out of contract at the end of the season and certainly seems to know Falkirk’s weaknesses which is a start! A lot of Airdrie fans wouldn’t be too bothered to see him leave (indeed, a fair amount would be very happy) but if he can get us in the top four again that has to go down as a fairly successful season. If there aren’t any bigger names available then I could definitely see them going for Murray. Of the other managers in this league I certainly think he’s more likely to get it than Stewart Petrie or Darren Young, albeit in Petrie’s case that’s because I don’t think he’d want to go full-time at Falkirk.

What?? 

What level do you think John Kennedy will enter management? I can’t see him getting the Celtic job but how low would he go to get started? 

Yeah there’s not a chance anyone is going to go from managing Celtic all the way down to us. The worst full time team in the country.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Russ said:

Yeah there’s not a chance anyone is going to go from managing Celtic all the way down to us. The worst full time team in the country.

He’s just interim manager though with no hope of getting the job.  But your right no way he would come to Leagje 1. Just spit balling and getting away from the usual suspects!

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

He’s just interim manager though with no hope of getting the job.  But your right no way he would come to Leagje 1. Just spit balling and getting away from the usual suspects!

I'd much rather have someone who knows a bit about this league to be honest. His only experience is coaching internationals. He wouldn't have a clue what to do with a squad of jobbers.

Please take Darren Young. We'll pay you.