Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

For next season Petrie would be my shout from the obvious candidates. Had Montrose exceeding expectations every season he's been there. 

He will be happy enough with P/T football with his job outside the game, cmon Stewarty leave your well paid safe job for a year at Falkirk. We haven't had a manager complete a full season since 2016 and hopefully that record continues today.

I'd take the Krankies(keeping joint managers going) Jean, Billy Buchanan, wee Rab or anyone who is not M&M.

We have simply lost the plot, players wont know where to look with four managers, any outside chance we have is getting a new solo manager with Holt told to keep out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 136.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6758

  • Back Post Misses

    5032

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4612

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pre season is a bit different from a couple of weeks ago mind you. Noone is arguing that we aren't shite.  The question is whether cove and Partick could both go up and going by how crap Arbroath are there's every chance either of them could beat Morton or Ayr and get promoted.  

I was arguing against the fact you think Arbroath are shit, when judging by their performances in the league above this season, your opinion is pretty wrong. Oh I know Falkirk are shit. It’s just nice to keep repeating it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We pumped them even easier last season and they were better then than they are now.  Brora was a one off game. We've played Arbroath three times over the past two seasons and they've been crap every time and that's saying something considering how God damn awful we are.


Wee teams upping their game against the big sides happens all the time in football.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pre season is a bit different from a couple of weeks ago mind you. Noone is arguing that we aren't shite.  The question is whether cove and Partick could both go up and going by how crap Arbroath are there's every chance either of them could beat Morton or Ayr and get promoted.  

People are kidding themselves if they think there is a big difference between the bottom half of the championship and top half of league 1. The standard is horrid across the board. That's why Raith have turned into a top half Championship team so easily. They were never really far off it anyway. It makes even harder to take that we are in the position we are now. Any semi-competent management would have us sitting comfortably in the top half of the championship within a year or 2.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I was arguing against the fact you think Arbroath are shit, when judging by their performances in the league above this season, your opinion is pretty wrong. Oh I know Falkirk are shit. It’s just nice to keep repeating it. 

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

 


Wee teams upping their game against the big sides happens all the time in football.

 

Brora are a half decent side though. You can't say that about us for a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Wee teams upping their game against the big sides happens all the time in football.

 

By that logic, surely you have to accept that there is at the very least a half-decent chance that Cove could beat either Arbroath or Montrose in a playoff?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not every one is at the wind up on here I'm genuinely trying to have a discussion. For example, I don't believe Queens Park now belong in the Championship or Premiership because they've got £X million in the bank. I probably am taking umbrage over the word belong tbh, it's a bit of a strange word to use for me and certainly gives off an entitled vibe, which is what I was picking up on. I'll leave it there as folk are for some reason getting upset and throwing insults around. 

 

I wasn’t aiming to insult. I just know you are an intelligent poster so wasn’t sure how you couldn’t see the direct correlation between budget and ability of the playing squad which is *usually* a result of “club size” (eg gate receipts, merchandise, sponsorship etc) - on rare occasions it isn’t eg Queens park.

Anyone who’s read this thread at all would struggle to find a poster arguing we don’t deserve the laughter coming our way. You also wouldn’t find anyone saying we didn’t deserve the defeats we’ve taken v the likes of peterhead. They were miles better than us and deserved victory

Think fans of other clubs struggle to realise we all know we deserve to be here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I wasn’t aiming to insult. I just know you are an intelligent poster so wasn’t sure how you couldn’t see the direct correlation between budget and ability of the playing squad which is *usually* a result of “club size” (eg gate receipts, merchandise, sponsorship etc) - on rare occasions it isn’t eg Queens park.

Anyone who’s read this thread at all would struggle to find a poster arguing we don’t deserve the laughter coming our way. You also wouldn’t find anyone saying we didn’t deserve the defeats we’ve taken v the likes of peterhead. They were miles better than us and deserved victory

Think fans of other clubs struggle to realise we all know we deserve to be here 

Even queen's park have yet to show that they will be sustainable as a bigger club.  More money is fine but the club has to grow with it.  Worst thing that ever happened to gretna was them ending up in the top flight. The club had progressed but the fan base had stayed exactly the same.  Eventually the losses became so big every year  the owner couldn't cover them and they went out the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He will be happy enough with P/T football with his job outside the game, cmon Stewarty leave your well paid safe job for a year at Falkirk.

That's unfortunate. He's a manager I really rate but wasn't aware of his situation outside of football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Arbroath are shit.  Having watched the Friday night games regularly I've seen with my own eyes how shit the championship actually is these days.  Standard is abysmal. No reason why cove who aren't very good either to be honest couldn't get promoted though given how poor the bottom of the championship is.  Sums up how abysmal we are that despite the shit level of opposition we still don't have a cat in hells chance of promotion even though we can comfortably beat Arbroath with our reserve team.

We also made a lot of changes for that game, it was a cup game that we could've been doing without, i would also point out that we dominated a fair part of it. I think we would be very confident we would beat any of the top 5 over two legs as we have been playing pretty well since January after having a dire start, thistle seem to be on a bit of a roll so they would be the ones i would be wary about. Dont think we will finish 9th anyway so you wont have to worry about how shit we are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why aren’t they gone yet? It’s inconceivable those 2 will still be in charge on Saturday!


They absolutely will be. Gary Deans is shiting himself and in hiding, Rawlings still in America and do we really expect these c***s that call themselves a Board of Directors to be able to do something right?

Superfan and Martin Ritchie are very much at the centre of the cancer that has spread through our club over the last 10 years. We will go nowhere until they are hounded out as well.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

That's unfortunate. He's a manager I really rate but wasn't aware of his situation outside of football. 

Does he actually have a good job or is it just P&B chat that he does? He would be the top candidate for me as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was all for Holt but he appears as complicit as these two clowns and if the players aren't listening to him the now they sure as hell won't bother just because the two stooges are bulleted.  Is there no someone out there doing feck all that could give us at least a small chance over the next few weeks. Or what about a quick call to Young at East Fife now his mob are out the picture.  A fresh face is needed not more of the same I fear.

Can't see them approaching a manager that's under contract due to the compensation that would have to be paid as well as the cost of getting rid of M&M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Does he actually have a good job or is it just P&B chat that he does? He would be the top candidate for me as well.

Bank manager or something I seem to recall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...