Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

he's still one of the more successful managers in Scottish football right now.

 

That just shows how appalling the standard of managers in Scotland is. The vast majority of mangers in Scotland set up to not lose and repeat the same sh#te as each other in post-match interviews - all managers are reading from the Scottish managers handbook at the moment. The likes of Jack Dross or Derek McIness at Aberdeen, just set up with the same negative formation and tactics, and seem to watch a different game to everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MS RR said:

That just shows how appalling the standard of managers in Scotland is. The vast majority of mangers in Scotland set up to not lose and repeat the same sh#te as each other in post-match interviews - all managers are reading from the Scottish managers handbook at the moment. The likes of Jack Dross or Derek McIness at Aberdeen, just set up with the same negative formation and tactics, and seem to watch a different game to everyone else. 

What was Hartley like in that initial 6 month spell before he went crazy? He seemed to have a complete disregard for the defending side of the game whilst at Dens.

Meant we were awesome to watch at times, but more often than not, when we got beat it was a fucking hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What was Hartley like in that initial 6 month spell before he went crazy? He seemed to have a complete disregard for the defending side of the game whilst at Dens.

Meant we were awesome to watch at times, but more often than not, when we got beat it was a fucking hiding.

He was actually quite good tbf. I think we took more points than anyone else in the league after January (bar maybe 1 or 2 less than champions St Mirren) as his signings were generally on the money (must have shipped out around 12 players and brought in 8, though mainly on loan), football was decent overall, some memorable games such as the 6-1 demolition of Dundee Utd.

ETA: Took 44 points from 29 matches overall, and after January probably only lost a couple of games 

The Houston squad he was left with wasn't that bad though so it wasn't exactly some miracle turnaround. And don't get me wrong, we had some horror shows under him as well - like away at Dundee Utd where we decided not to attack and were still 3-0 down at half time.

On the whole though we were fairly confident going in to the following season before everything went so spectacularly to shit... 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

Ben Hall and Mark Durnan or Scott Harrison and Tom Dallison, discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mon now. Before you, Hartley had 3 promotions to his name, a top 6 top flight finish and 1 disaster of a season. He then had a further 6 decent month for you before he bizarrely decided to base his transfer policy on some English scout's recommendations which goes against everything he'd done before and since in his managerial career.

He had an absolute nightmare in charge of you, granted, but overall, he's still one of the more successful managers in Scottish football right now.

He's in his 10th season in management and added another promotion and currently in a promotion push since you lot.

So he's arguably had 8 very good to decent seasons and 2 horror showings. I'd say that's better than your average Scottish manager tbf.

This was our CEO at the time Craig Campbell's great idea , his horrendously executed version of the Brentford Model. Hartley hadn't even seen these duds play.  

The fact that Hartley hasn't done anything like this before or since speaks volumes - it wasn't his idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the summing up on Dumbarton 0-1 Airdrie from last night from stalwart Jan Vojacek... "the least entertaining Sons side he's ever seen" is among other damning - and perceptive - appraisals of where Dumbarton currently sit.

Apart from how remarkably easy it was to read Jan's comments and see "Duffy" but think "Miller&McCracken", one of the main points that sticks out is how utterly impotent a goal threat Dumbarton are.  So, to put Falkirk's 'efforts' and our co-manager's brand of 'total football' into further perspective, here is Dumbarton's run of League results since we played them in November. 

21 Nov L 0-1;  24 Nov L 0-3;  5 Dec D 0-0;  12 Dec w 1-0;  19 Dec L 0-4;  20 Mar L 0-1;  30 Mar D 1-1;   1 Apr L 0-1.  

Eight League games. One win. 6 blanks. A grand total of 2 goals, of which - naturally - 1 is against us . 

So, on reflection, how should M & M have approached a home game against such a tricky opponent?  Probably best to play a back 4, keep the full-backs back in defence, a holding mid-fielder is essential, and definitely one up front, because that's how the big teams play.  Yeah, that'll do it.   Fecking idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

I'd have any of those four defenders at centre back before either of The Chuckle Brothers. Not much between Durnan and Harrison tbf but all are miles ahead of Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Russ said:

Just as we’re talking about him I thought I’d check the team he put out for his last game in charge the pummelling from Queens.

Leo Fasan

Aaron Muirhead
Scott Harrison
Tom Dallison
Jordan McGhee

Tom Owen Evans
Paul Paton
Andy Irving
Marc Russell

Marcus Haber
Dennon Lewis

As shite as we are now that right there is an absolutely hoaching team.

Bring back Muirhead to play right back at least he had the legs to get up the fecking Park! 🤣🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben Hall and Mark Durnan or Scott Harrison and Tom Dallison, discuss.


I said on the match thread the other night that Harrison is better than Hall and I stick by that. Hall and Dallison are probably similar levels of shite though. A centre back pairing of them would be the weakest in history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallison seems to have done reasonably okay since leaving us. Get the feeling he just wasn't ready for first team football especially surrounded by dross at the back. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Ben Hall and Mark Durnan or Scott Harrison and Tom Dallison, discuss.

I like this game - Fred West or Jeffrey Dahmer, discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miller and McCracken getting a long break at the perfect time (we had turned to shit) to organise, come up with a game plan, potential signings etc and failing to adequately do so should be the tin lid on their management careers, but if Holt hasn't had long enough, and has enough about him to get it sorted he can GTF aswell.

He won't want to be managing the team over their heads, but surely to f**k he can try to address the glaring failures that have followed us through the enforced break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dallison seems to have done reasonably okay since leaving us. Get the feeling he just wasn't ready for first team football especially surrounded by dross at the back. 

I know he’s been out injured for a while but I think he was playing left back for Crawley before that ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Miller and McCracken getting a long break at the perfect time (we had turned to shit) to organise, come up with a game plan, potential signings etc and failing to adequately do so should be the tin lid on their management careers, but if Holt hasn't had long enough, and has enough about him to get it sorted he can GTF aswell.

He won't want to be managing the team over their heads, but surely to f**k he can try to address the glaring failures that have followed us through the enforced break

In his first game we were 3-0 up at Hampden against Hibs. In the second half he stood not knowing what to do as Hibs came back to beat us 4-3. Alex Smith was in the stand and knew what needed to be done but he didn't want to undermine the new manager.

 

Holt should be thinking about that right now. Sitting back because you're afraid to upset the manager (s) was bad for the club before and it's bad now. The club comes first.

 

Unless of course Holt doesn't know what to do. Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thank F..... Berra is signing pre contract with RR...

Would snap your hand off for Berra right now tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'd do a lot better if all of our players were actually fit. Wouldn't mind the below set up and would be confident we would put on some decent performances. 

                    Mutch

Neilson  Miller  dixon  kelly

Morrison  gomis Alston connolly

             Dowds   keena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...