The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

There seems to be a bit of confusion from other clubs’ fans on this thread;

- yes we know we are shite.

- yes we know we are in League One and staying here.

- yes we deserve it.

Not sure this view is unanimous tbh...

11 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

I think that majority of fans know we are utter gash from top to bottom, that doesn't change the fact we are FAR too big a club for league one, and with our budget shouldn't be there at all let alone for 3 seasons. Other fans can deservedly point and laugh but it's not entitled thinking that we don't belong in fucking league one.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The two points are linked obviously. We are wildly underperforming budget which would have us as a midtable Championship club at worst. That does not mean we aren't shit on the park and have been for years. Gross incompetence is why we are deservedly staring at a third season in the third tier.

Edited by Marshmallo

19 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Brora beat Hearts in the cup. Does that make them better than Hearts? Arbroath have been impressive overall again this season. And of course in a league above yourselves....

We pumped them even easier last season and they were better then than they are now.  Brora was a one off game. We've played Arbroath three times over the past two seasons and they've been crap every time and that's saying something considering how God damn awful we are.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I don't think that guy contradicts the (near) unanimous opinion at all.

Not belonging =/= not deserving to be here.

No club is "far too big" to play at any level. You get what you deserve and you end up where you belong. The size of your club doesn't determine these things. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don’t think that poster is contradicting the idea of deserving to be here at all.

A club with our resources, competently managed on and off the park, would not be in this position.

We have unfortunately been horrendously managed on and off the park for years and for that reason, are where we are and will remain here until that situation changes.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

No club is "far too big" to play at any level. You get what you deserve and you end up where you belong. The size of your club doesn't determine these things. 

Why are you repeating these things like we don't know them to be true? We should not be here, but through our own incompetence, we are.

This is not difficult to understand.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Both can be true. This really isn’t difficult stuff. 

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why are you repeating these things like we don't know them to be true? We should not be here, but through our own incompetence, we are.

This is not difficult to understand.

Where do Falkirk "belong"?

We deserve 100 percent to be where we are. We also have the 100 percent right to moan like feck as fans on being where we are considering our budget and facilities etc and the amount of money we are investing every season. I don't see a lot wrong with that. 

You're clearly at it, but I'll indulge you.

If you go by fanbase/budget/facilities etc then upper second tier/lower top tier.

If you go by playing performances, 2nd place in the third tier.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If run properly we should be somewhere between bottom half top flight top half championship. I don't think that's beyond rational expectations given our fan base and facilities. We are underachieving simple as that.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're clearly at it, but I'll indulge you.

If you go by fanbase/budget etc then upper second tier/lower top tier.

If you go by playing performances, 2nd place in the third tier.

I'm really not at it. I just don't agree that clubs "belong" somewhere based on their size. You belong where your football team takes you, but your last line seems to agree with that so I'll leave it there. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Taking infrastructure, budget, fanbase etc all into account, a competently managed Falkirk Football Club would yo-yo between the bottom end of the top flight and the top end of the second tier. Fans pointing out this fact doesn't mean we also can't acknowledge we are where we are because we have been incompetently managed. We completely deserve to be where we are at the moment. As other have said, these two points don't cancel each other out.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm really not at it. I just don't agree that clubs "belong" somewhere based on their size. You belong where your football team takes you, but your last line seems to agree with that so I'll leave it there. 

I mean, you’re clearly at it. Clubs roughly “belong” somewhere mainly because of their budget. The bigger the budget, the higher up you belong. That’s why Celtic and Rangers finish top 2 every year. Why hearts, Aberdeen and hibs are usually in the top 6. When they aren’t, it’s down to their own failings. We are a basket case that deserves to be where we are due to over a decade of appalling everything. Does that mean we *should* be down here? No. Because our budget is bigger because we are a decent sized club. 

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We pumped them even easier last season and they were better then than they are now.  Cove was a one off game. We've played Arbroath three times over the past two seasons and they've been crap every time and that's saying something considering how God damn awful we are.

Wow a whole 2 more times than the game against Cove? You beat us 6-2 in a friendly this year but it’s safe to say we are miles ahead of you now....

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Falkirk don’t belong anywhere. We deserve to be where we are at on sporting merit! 

However with the resources we have compared to most of League 1 and probably a good chunk of the Championship we should be doing a hell of a lot better than we currently are. It really is a depressing state of affairs! 

Oh thanks, that's really kind of you.

Condescending p***k.