The Falkirk FC Thread

If Hamilton had any serious thoughts on getting Loy they would have offered at least 100k minimum, it's not like they are skint, were they really that deluded that they thought they could get one of the best forwards in the Championship for 25k!!! Reminds me of the time they offered a pittance for Arfield, and we all know what a crap career he is having ;)

Bet Livi are a bit pissed off though, giving Andreu away for nowt :lol:

What is wrong wi Hamilton?

When it comes to selling players they are top notch at it.

When trying to buy them they are absolutely terrible.

What is wrong wi Hamilton?

They have been raped in the last month, players leaving, management and Patrick Thistle.

It obviously was gonna be a hard act to follow in Neil but now throw in a winless streak and players going and Jason Scotland and Brian Harvey coming in.

Like many, I can see Hamilton drop many league places and struggle to get new recruits in, it can't be fun being an accie this last month

They have been raped in the last month, players leaving, management and Patrick Thistle.

It obviously was gonna be a hard act to follow in Neil but now throw in a winless streak and players going and Jason Scotland and Brian Harvey coming in.

Like many, I can see Hamilton drop many league places and struggle to get new recruits in, it can't be fun being an accie this last month

Normally when a club like Falkirk sell a player for a lot of dough they can reinvest in useful things like players and facilities.

It seems when Hamilton do it the money disappears into the black hole of running costs due to having nae crowd.

What's the point in all this?

The club can't move forward and seem to have no plan or ambition to do so.

I think they only want to be on the top league because for some reason in Scotland that instantly makes your players more valuable.

Guest Back Post Misses

Normally when a club like Falkirk sell a player for a lot of dough they can reinvest in useful things like players and facilities.

It seems when Hamilton do it the money disappears into the black hole of running costs due to having nae crowd.

I think they only want to be on the top league because for some reason in Scotland that instantly makes your players more valuable.

With repsct Gaz, Hamilton are built on stronger foundations than us due to the fact they bring in 300k or so from stadium rental each year. We fork out 300k or so for our property costs therefore we are 600k behind Hamilton before we sell a season ticket. That equates to us needing about 3500 more season ticket holders than them to make it a level playing field. We probably have 1500 more.

Guest Back Post Misses

We pulled in a profit before selling Kinglsey and McGrandles for close to £1.5 million.

We are so money.

We got 850k upfront for those two players not £1.5m

Guest Back Post Misses

Can we pretty please have Loy?

He didn't push it as he believes he can get better than Hamilton in the summer.

I would think he probably will too. Not that much better though.

What's the point in a club that produces good players, sells them but has recently carved out an exciting promotion and impressive first half of the season in the top flight; as opposed to one who produces good players, sells them, but pisses around the middle of the second tier?

Good question for a Falkirk fan to pose, Gaz.

With repsct Gaz, Hamilton are built on stronger foundations than us due to the fact they bring in 300k or so from stadium rental each year. We fork out 300k or so for our property costs therefore we are 600k behind Hamilton before we sell a season ticket. That equates to us needing about 3500 more season ticket holders than them to make it a level playing field. We probably have 1500 more.

So are you going to explain that one to me then? Are you saying that Hamilton wholly own their stadium and are making a £300k profit after costs from renting it out but we're having to pay £300k in rental/interest to whoever owns ours? Sandy Alexander? If it's repaying a loan to lay the pitch, when will that be repaid as this would presumably put us in a similar position to Accies at that stage?

What's the point in a club that produces good players, sells them but has recently carved out an exciting promotion and impressive first half of the season in the top flight; as opposed to one who produces good players, sells them, but pisses around the middle of the second tier?Good question for a Falkirk fan to pose, Gaz.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Yes pretty much.Criticising a club as going nowhere, even though it punches well above its weight and well above your significantly bigger one, is pretty bloody stupid.

Well seeing as the point is lost on you I will explain.

If Hamilton didn't just pump these players to keep the lights on they might actually achieve something meaningful and make the local community bother their arse to watch them.

I was trying to be helpful but I see that's lost on you.

What benefit do guys like Mr Bateman get from Hamilton constantly selling the family silver for big bucks?

I will bet he was a happier guy in November wi Alex Neil and Andreu at the club than the big pile of cash they have now.

Now leave me alone to watch tele

If Hamilton didn't just pump these players to keep the lights on they might actually achieve something meaningful and make the local community bother their arse to watch them.

What benefit do guys like Mr Bateman get from Hamilton constantly selling the family silver for big bucks?

I will bet he was a happier guy in November wi Alex Neil and Andreu at the club than the big pile of cash they have now.

Give it a rest.

I'm sure there are frustrations about watching a side with an excellent youth programme that has to keep making sales. It must all feel a bit circular at times.

However, Hamilton have actually managed to achieve some success on the field while doing it, despite having a pretty small fan base.

Your point, such as it is, is stupid and self defeating. I hope the tele has been good tonight, because you've had a stinker on here.

Guest Back Post Misses

So are you going to explain that one to me then? Are you saying that Hamilton wholly own their stadium and are making a £300k profit after costs from renting it out but we're having to pay £300k in rental/interest to whoever owns ours? Sandy Alexander? If it's repaying a loan to lay the pitch, when will that be repaid as this would presumably put us in a similar position to Accies at that stage?

What I am saying is our property costs including service charge from council rent for SS plus other commitments (Stirling only recently gone) is the best part of 300k. I understand Hamilton rent a lot of their office space to their council brining in about that number in rent. Outrage pitch cost is on top of that but that is self funding from the hire so is fist neutral I assume. Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses

What have we done for the last 5 years but sell the family silver, too early and for too little! We could learn from Hamilton I believe.

What have we done for the last 5 years but sell the family silver, too early and for too little! We could learn from Hamilton I believe.

I agree BPM. Lessons can certainly be learned from the Hamilton board at getting best value for money for their players both young and old. Getting over a million for Tony Andreu from a championship club is a brilliant piece of business when you look at the likes of Jay Fulton now starting for Swansea in the top flight having left us for a pittance. Its pretty obvious too that during their last period in the top flight they didnt lose the plot like our mob and actually put the future of the club at risk leaving them scrambling about selling players to the first bidder. Where Hamilton fall down a little is in getting players in to replace those leaving. Making silly bids for the likes of Loy isnt doing anything for their team.