The Falkirk FC Thread

On 18/04/2021 at 10:46, 18BAIRN76 said:

Pretty sure it's clear that Martindale was pulling the strings at Livi while Holt was the front man. If you ever looked at signing announcements on their website when Holt was in charge, you'd often see the players reference that Martindale had convinced them to sign, or even comments from Martindale himself. I agree with others Holt is not the long-term option. I'm not totally convinced by him. But he has to be a better short-term option than the two currently in charge.

That'll be because Martindale had been Head of Recruitment since Hopkin came in, Holt was basically just a Head Coach but was involved in signing players, just not identifying them

27 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I've genuinely never heard of this person No idea who he (or she) is. But it would  appear they are now part of the first team management decision making process. And that we require no less than 4 great minds to try and cobble together some sort of viable game plan to take on the likes of Cove Rangers and Dumbarton. And that the result of this meeting of 4 minds is the utter muck that is being served up week after week.😃😃😃 As someone said on Saturday, surely it's worth at least a quick call to Netflix or Louis Theroux. There must be some solid gold documentary potential in amongst this utter, utter rabble.

Liam Corr is the very helpful chap who works in the office.

Dont know what his football qualifications are?

Quite incredible that interview. I really feel like giving up the ghost altogether. 4 folk talking about formations and tactics. It was bad enough us having two managers that never works never mind bloody 4. Why is our dof getting involved. He has his own remit which should not include being involved in tactics and formations for the first team. If you want him to do that then the feckwits in the board should've sacked dumb and dumber and given him the bloody job.  Feck me we are in an even worse situation than I thought.  Deans and his bod, the msg , the dof , the managers and this other punter nobody knows can all get Tae feck. The whole club is rotten to the core.

Head of scouting and analysis apparently 

If he’s the c**t that scouted and recommended absolute dugshite like Ben Hall and Akeel Francis then by f**k does he need punted along with dumb and dumber.

Just now, Russ said:

If he’s the c**t that scouted and recommended absolute dugshite like Ben Hall and Akeel Francis then by f**k does he need punted along with dumb and dumber.

So we have some punter who sells tickets in the club shop now helping the management. Feck me this just goes from bad to worse.  Probably got caught playing football manager on his phone but was doing so well they gave him a bloody job. Honestly I give up.

That is the longest interview in the history of M&M interviews - probably 3 times longer.

It is absolutely stage managed to try and get fans to calm down.

Well it has made it worse. They actually think the fans are stupid sure of it.

4 people deciding shape?

Jesus f**k. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse - they have achieved it.

We are a basket case end of

I'm already done with it. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So we have some punter who sells tickets in the club shop now helping the management. Feck me this just goes from bad to worse.  Probably got caught playing football manager on his phone but was doing so well they gave him a bloody job. Honestly I give up.

I'm already done with it. We are an utter shambles and that interview was just the turd on top of the shitpile. No more cash from me till those two idiots in the dug out are gone. And that's just scratching the surface. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Quite incredible that interview. I really feel like giving up the ghost altogether. 4 folk talking about formations and tactics. It was bad enough us having two managers that never works never mind bloody 4. Why is our dof getting involved. He has his own remit which should not include being involved in tactics and formations for the first team. If you want him to do that then the feckwits in the board should've sacked dumb and dumber and given him the bloody job.  Feck me we are in an even worse situation than I thought.  Deans and his bod, the msg , the dof , the managers and this other punter nobody knows can all get Tae feck. The whole club is rotten to the core.

This is what I was saying earlier, Holt was involved in the coaching and is performing duties that DOF should not be doing. 

I'm glad I didn't buy a season ticket last season and I've continued to avoid giving money to the club, like many other fans have. More fans need to follow suit and force a complete change. 

The other thing that interview shows that Holt won’t improve anything if these two are tipped out. When they tip out M&M then Holt should be hunted as well

Guest Ecosse83
32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is the longest interview in the history of M&M interviews - probably 3 times longer.

It is absolutely stage managed to try and get fans to calm down.

Well it has made it worse. They actually think the fans are stupid sure of it.

4 people deciding shape?

Jesus f**k. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse - they have achieved it.

We are a basket case end of

Yes I agree it was all stage managed. He definitely made a point of mentioning Holt and the other guy a good few times. They must think the fans are thick as f**k!

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's a former coach with the Foundation who was doing coaching elsewhere and then returned to work in the shop initially. I think he always saw that a starting point for getting more involved in the professional game. 

He's been watching the opposition and doing video analysis alongside his "day job"  for a while now; I think it was BPM who first mentioned it a year or so back. When Gary Holt arrived he began working fulltime in the football side, hence why you would have seen the club advertising for a retail person not that long ago. 

The role itself isn't unusual. Alan Maybury picked up various people from his contacts with Stirling Uni who did the same job, usually students who were studying for Sports degrees at the Uni.  They were considered part of the club, travelled on the team bus, came with us on preseason trips and could often be seen haring down the tunnel at halftime to show the manager what they'd picked up in the first half. Or fulltime for that matter. Graeme McArthur was the last person who did some of this but he left when we got relegated to League One. 

Different folk have been doing this kind of role for a while, under different managers, but they've usually worked in the background so most fans would have been unaware of them. So I was a bit surprised to see Liam named in the interview. 

Edited to add - I don't see anything wrong with someone feeding information into the coaching staff, which I presume is all he's doing just now. It's up to those who've played the game professionally to decide what they do with that info. Corrzo will certainly have various qualifications but he's never played at the level that Holt, McCracken or Miller have. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's a former coach with the Foundation who was doing coaching elsewhere and then returned to work in the shop initially. I think he always saw that a starting point for getting more involved in the professional game. 

He's been watching the opposition and doing video analysis alongside his "day job"  for a while now; I think it was BPM who first mentioned it a year or so back. When Gary Holt arrived he began working fulltime in the football side, hence why you would have seen the club advertising for a retail person not that long ago. 

The role itself isn't unusual. Alan Maybury picked up various people from his contacts with Stirling Uni who did the same job, usually students who were studying for Sports degrees at the Uni.  They were considered part of the club, travelled on the team bus, came with us on preseason trips and could often be seen haring down the tunnel at halftime to show the manager what they'd picked up in the first half. Or fulltime for that matter. Graeme McArthur was the last person who did some of this but he left when we got relegated to League One. 

Different folk have been doing this kind of role for a while, under different managers, but they've usually worked in the background so most fans would have been unaware of them. So I was a bit surprised to see Liam named in the interview. 

Probably mentioned as M&M looking to divert some of the blame for the horrendous football we have all been viewing lately. Doesn't wash, they are the gaffers and it lies firmly at their door.

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Edited to add - I don't see anything wrong with someone feeding information into the coaching staff, which I presume is all he's doing just now. It's up to those who've played the game professionally to decide what they do with that info. Corrzo will certainly have various qualifications but he's never played at the level that Holt, McCracken or Miller have. 

I've no issue with as you say scouts giving the manager info on teams but that should be it. However, miller said he was involved in discussions on shape etc. If that's the case it's frightening stuff.

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This is worse than that ESL statement. Corrzo b’christ.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've no issue with as you say scouts giving the manager info on teams but that should be it. However, miller said he was involved in discussions on shape etc. If that's the case it's frightening stuff.

Analysts will recommend shapes all the time. They do their work on the opposition then they'll come back and say for example 'they struggle up against teams who play with high wingers' All about how you use that information as a manager and also being able to deviate from that information when things go south. The defeat at the weekend in my eyes was thouroughly down to M&M being incompetent not the level the players played at. 

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Head of scouting and analysis apparently 

You don't go from a wee part time retail job into working full time for a football club. I want to know who this guy is. Nothing personal but the fans really have the right to know who is involved in any aspect of picking the team/tactics/players.  

That interview has just made me even angrier. It was like a Eddie may interview from 2009.

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If he is involved with the foundation then that's hardly a good sign. Its a glorified kids club. All you need to get a "coaches" job there is a disclosure certificate and proof you attended a 1 day SFA day course. Is that what we've stooped too? 

If he is involved with any match day prep then why has this never been announced through the usual social media channels? Any other footballing member if staff usually is. Its almost as if they know its looking fucking amateur. 

Honestly feel like packing it in. 

Edited by latapythelegend

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Analysts will recommend shapes all the time. They do their work on the opposition then they'll come back and say for example 'they struggle up against teams who play with high wingers' All about how you use that information as a manager and also being able to deviate from that information when things go south. The defeat at the weekend in my eyes was thouroughly down to M&M being incompetent not the level the players played at. 

It's league one we're playing in here. We shouldnt be worrying about how they are playing we should be good enough to exert ourselves on them.  All this what formation are we playing this week. Well we're playing those football giants  cove so we better totally change our formation and tactics is frankly utter bunkum if you ask me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog