The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
12 minutes ago, Rocco said:

These idiots trying to play different formations every week like they’re managing Barcelona. You’re managing players in the third tier of Scottish football. Pick a formation, work on it with the players till they all know what is required of them and then stick with that formation

Gerrard with Rangers have used 1 formation all season whilst being successful in Europe and domestically. It’s not fucking rocket science. Saturday for me was more on M&M than the players lack of effort.

There was also a healthy dose of “look at all these players we have out, for the next 2 weeks, therefore the results won’t be our fault”. What sort of belief does that instill in the players who have to play. Fucking baffling. Aren’t we also sitting with 2 loans unused? Honestly don’t think I’ve ever been more pissed off with Falkirk FC 

Fully expect the Chairmen to tell Rawlins “if you had offered the fans top of the league with a few games to play, they’d have bitten your hand off. Well, that’s exactly what we have delivered to them, so them being unhappy shows they don’t understand the competitive nature of this league, and it shows that they change their minds in a heartbeat.

We all want the same thing, but having the fans whipping up a storm because their team is on track to win the league is ridiculous. Sometimes, I don’t think they deserve people like us.”

The most alarming part of the interview was the fact that 4 people are involved in process on deciding shape and starting XI and that’s what we’ve come up with recently. Like who the f*ck is actually in charge? 

The most pleasing part was that it showed how aware they are of the fans views/opinion right now. Very different interview to what we’ve had before. He knows they are finished if they don’t get it right. 

What a lot of utter fucking shite. Just spouting a whole load of waffle, chuck in a few cliches then some greeting about injuries. 4 of them working on our ‘shape’ what shape would that be then? We’ve played every formation going this season and been dogshit in them all.

One of the things that angered me most was the comment about the Airdrie game how there is a right way to lose a game and against Airdrie the players worked hard and all this shite. I mean does he think we don’t remember the game because it was 2 weeks ago? We were fucking howling and deservedly got beat. Barely laid a glove on them and his ‘performance’ in particular stinking the place out.

Genuinely think that interview was their last roll of the dice to try and get the fans back on side. Putting the more popular one out to say how much he’s hurting, what the club means to him etc... unfortunately for them he’s a fucking idiot and spouting utter shite which we can see straight through.

Get them out.

Four people working on our shape.......and a camel is what you get when a committee try to design a horse.

I am wondering if he mentioned the four people that this would somehow make everyone think “aye, they are really on top of this”.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

33 minutes ago, Russ said:

What a lot of utter fucking shite. Just spouting a whole load of waffle, chuck in a few cliches then some greeting about injuries. 4 of them working on our ‘shape’ what shape would that be then? We’ve played every formation going this season and been dogshit in them all.

One of the things that angered me most was the comment about the Airdrie game how there is a right way to lose a game and against Airdrie the players worked hard and all this shite. I mean does he think we don’t remember the game because it was 2 weeks ago? We were fucking howling and deservedly got beat. Barely laid a glove on them and his ‘performance’ in particular stinking the place out.

Genuinely think that interview was their last roll of the dice to try and get the fans back on side. Putting the more popular one out to say how much he’s hurting, what the club means to him etc... unfortunately for them he’s a fucking idiot and spouting utter shite which we can see straight through.

Get them out.

The first half against Airdrie was worse than Saturday's performance arguably.

So now we have confirmation that Holt is involved in the coaching and that verifies the fact that we are completely f#cked. The appointment of Holt was obviously a ridiculous decision in the first place and further proves how frighteningly badly run the club is. 

I think the fans need to stop putting money into the club now, it needs to be a concerted effort. Th people running the club clearly have no respect for the fans and are continuing to treat us like complete idiots. 

Not only Holt but Corr aswell, ever heard the expression too many cooks. We are in league 1 ffs, just go with the same formation that beat Clyde instead of arsing about with formations etc, we aren't Man City. Pick players in their correct positions and let them get on with it. Let the opposing side worry about us. 

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Reading between the lines it’s obvious damage limitation. A few earlier posts commenting that we’re still top, and who fires a manager(s) that are top of their respective league. 
This has been staged managed I presume to save M&M, and as posted its clear they and the hierarchy have agreed a deal to part. I’m guessing dropping Holt & other in the conversation is confirmation that Holt is now clearly in charge of first team affairs till a new manager comes in.......... so I’m really Fckn hoping.....

Why would they still be taking interviews if it was now Holt in charge?

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Corr aswell, 

I've genuinely never heard of this person No idea who he (or she) is. But it would  appear they are now part of the first team management decision making process. And that we require no less than 4 great minds to try and cobble together some sort of viable game plan to take on the likes of Cove Rangers and Dumbarton. And that the result of this meeting of 4 minds is the utter muck that is being served up week after week.😃😃😃 As someone said on Saturday, surely it's worth at least a quick call to Netflix or Louis Theroux. There must be some solid gold documentary potential in amongst this utter, utter rabble.

4 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

“We work on different shape for different opposition”  They are totally overthinking the task in hand. Not a hope in hell of getting out this league this season.

What on earth was Saturday’s “shape” supposed to be?

19 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

There are probably 13 clubs who expect/aspire to this level of consistency. The three you mentioned and in no order, Falkirk, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, ICT, Ross County (with a financial wind behind them), Livi (with a dubious financial windfall behind them), Hamilton (who probably don’t see top 6 forays as a target but they’re in the mix so they’re included), Dundee and, at a push, Raith Rovers (yep, their 90s successes would mean they pine for something like this). 

What dubious financial windfall? We won League 1 as the only FT team, then took that momentum and got promoted with the 2nd/3rd smallest budget in the league. Every season since we've broke even on finances (including reducing historic debt)

I've genuinely never heard of this person No idea who he (or she) is. But it would  appear they are now part of the first team management decision making process. And that we require no less than 4 great minds to try and cobble together some sort of viable game plan to take on the likes of Cove Rangers and Dumbarton. And that the result of this meeting of 4 minds is the utter muck that is being served up week after week.[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] As someone said on Saturday, surely it's worth at least a quick call to Netflix or Louis Theroux. There must be some solid gold documentary potential in amongst this utter, utter rabble.

I’m sure he worked in the club shop. Duno if he was doing anything else though.